• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amell's hair is set in stone until the end of S5. They'll do a time skip to show hair growth on the island if necessary, otherwise it's staying that length. No beard in the present day, it's not happening until the flashbacks are over per Amell himself and even then it's unlikely.

pretty much my line of thought

Joni

Also don't like how Oliver and the cast have such an easy time dealing with non-boss baddies. They always walk away without a scratch. I had this issue with the avengers movies. What makes daredevil so great is despite Matt having world class fighting skills he gets his ass beat down too and u can see the wear and tear the has to go through and what he costs being a superhero every night.

Funny, I had that issue with Daredevil. It never gives the idea that he is out there making a difference, as he only fights a couple of mooks and beats their asses with problems.

Sheroking

Funny, I had that issue with Daredevil. It never gives the idea that he is out there making a difference, as he only fights a couple of mooks and beats their asses with problems.

Well, that's the whole point of street level. He's stopping mooks and thugs, not saving the world.

TheOddOne

Hobo #1 forever.

animation1ydbw1.gif

Shaanyboi

Banned

Almost as if that's part of the point and what makes his battles work as street-level and interesting as opposed to every season coming to the same cataclysmic city destroying finale... It's what makes him human, relatable, and what makes his crusade dangerous. I don't recall the last time Oliver was really in all that much danger from someone that wasn't on a Ra's Al Ghul level. More or less makes everything in-between those big fights completely moot.

I mean they had the sense to laugh at the routine last season with Det. Lance going "Oh there's a big bad guy going to kill us all? It must be May again!" But... I mean... aren't we just going to come to the same conclusion this season too?

DD making a difference is saving kidnapped children, saving people in alleyways, taking down gangs. He's protecting what amounts to a neighborhood, not trying to completely change the world. But he's still just a dude, and the danger of what he does is constantly a factor.

WedgeX

Banned

Well, that's the whole point of street level. He's stopping mooks and thugs, not saving the world.

He was making a difference taking on the corrupt and those who exploit the city...then Diggle told him he should go after bank robbers instead.

Joni

But he only stops a couple, less than Ollie does in one episode. He only focuses on kingpin for the rest. He is supposed to be Street level but almost never does random crime. The filler in 22 episode seasons allows that.

DeathyBoy

Banned

Also what people keep forgetting is Daredevil is only just starting as a hero. Oliver is in year nine currently, dude had five years prior to the start of the show. Random thugs absolutely should not be a threat to him, the same way that by DD S5 he'll be beating up thugs with ease. Plus, even "broke" Oliver is a rich motherfucker.

One of the many things that disappointed with Arrow's third season was Oliver's losing everything in season two didn't mean anything in the sense of impacting his Arrow activities. Well, other than probably playing a role in being all he pretty much did last season. But IMO it would've been interesting if he actually had to work with a budget and limited resources. I think even the season 2.5 comic played with it a tiny bit.

Yeah yeah, he went "billionaire broke" or whatever so it never really had any impact in how things were done. Hell, he even got a new, fancy transforming bow that they dropped after the premiere. The only budget cuts that affect Oliver's crime fighting are show budget cuts.

ZeroX03

Banned
One of the many things that disappointed with Arrow's third season was Oliver's losing everything in season two didn't mean anything in the sense of impacting his Arrow activities. Well, other than probably playing a role in being all he pretty much did last season. But IMO it would've been interesting if he actually had to work with a budget and limited resources. I think even the season 2.5 comic played with it a tiny bit.

Yeah yeah, he went "billionaire broke" or whatever so it never really had any impact in how things were done. Hell, he even got a new, fancy transforming bow that they dropped after the premiere. The only budget cuts that affect Oliver's crime fighting are show budget cuts.

I think the showrunners and Amell said something along the lines of "it's not very fun or interesting to delve into the economics of superheroics and Oliver's day to day life" so they just ignored it and left him billionaire broke.

What do Diggle and Lyla do for money these days? It's probably nothing exciting.

Magwik

Banned
I think the showrunners and Amell said something along the lines of "it's not very fun or interesting to delve into the economics of superheroics and Oliver's day to day life" so they just ignored it and left him billionaire broke.

What do Diggle and Lyla do for money these days? It's probably nothing exciting.

But apparently more CEO and Mayor subplots are interesting

ZeroX03

Banned

Releases October 20th, but probably won't hit iTunes and Amazon until a week later. This label is weird.

Code:
CD 1:

1. Team Arrow Takedown (1:56)
2. Mean Streets of Hong Kong (3:00)
3. Sara Silenced (3:38)
4. Searching the Monastery / Merlyn Is Back (2:34)
5. Like Father, Like Daughter (2:26)
6. Laurel Takes On a Dangerous Game (2:19)
7. Ra’s al Guhl (1:15)
8. See It, Remember (2:16)
9. A Threat With Incentive (2:10)
10. The Climb (3:29)
11. Merlyn Brings News (2:30)
12. Team Arrow Continues Without Oliver (3:17)
13. A Father Mourns (2:02)
14. Taking On Brick (1:23)
15. Oliver Returns / Thea Learns His Secret (3:42)
16. Someone You Love (3:25)
17. Laurel Fights Her Demons (3:48)
18. How Do You Lie to Me? (1:48)
19. Atom Flies (3:02)
20. Forgive Us / Goodbye to Roy (4:25)
21. Felicity Pleads With Ra’s (2:56)
22. Convince Him (2:13)
23. Escape Through Catacombs (3:35)
24. Fighting His Own / Need a New Life (3:59)
25. Storming the Castle (4:56)
26. Black Wedding (2:58)
27. To the Death / They Will Kneel (3:16)
28. To a Better Place (0:54)

CD 2:
The Flash vs. Arrow – Part II:
1. Looking for Boomerang (2:36)
2. First Torture Gig (1:26)
3. Like a Kid in a Candy Store (1:26)
4. Boomerang in A.R.G.U.S. (4:00)
5. Cap in Squad (1:31)
6. Secret Identity Busted (1:28)
7. Teaming Up (1:50)
8. Torture Tactics (2:16)
9. Hope for Saving People Like Us (1:44)
10. Boomerang in the Lair / Lyla Shot (1:40)
11. Saving Lyla (0:34)
12. Light Inside You (2:28)
13. Disarming the Bombs (3:54)
14. Lyla Is OK (1:09)
15. Gift Exchange (1:30)
16. The Brave and the Bold (1:44)
Bonus Tracks:
17. Palmer Technologies (1:44)
18. Multi-tasking (1:23)
19. I’m Cupid, Stupid (3:19)
20. Take Your Pick (1:12)
21. Nyssa Not to Be Trusted (2:07)
22. I See the Fall (1:47)
23. Ray and Felicity (2:55)
24. Palmer Battles Queen (2:09)
25. Another Fallen Queen (3:38)
26. Katana (2:09)
27. Maseo Searches for a Cure (2:04)
28. The Water’s Powers (2:20)
29. Where Will You Go? (2:13)
30. Bait and Switch (1:55)

JDSN

Banned
....no? Someone actually called Felicity a bitch when she was stealing their shit, and she said she was a bitch with WiFi

Eh, look how the "joke" is constructed. Ignore me, I was just reflecting on how it bothers me to see those kind of jokes when I was making them five years ago, them SJW got to me...

Let me tell you about our exciting new business opportunities.

arrow-bronze-tiger.jpg

When is he coming back i liked him.

One thing i wanted in season 2 was team arrow in full gear vs deathstroke who beats em all. But the closest we got was when deathstroke was in there hq that time. I used to love it when they used to do that sort of thing on angel and buffy to show the villains strength. Perhaps we'll have something like that with Darhk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom