• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
prodigal3.jpg

Have him reprise his role as Floronic Man from Batman and Robin, do the "Star City is consumed by a forest" plot from the comics.

guek

Banned
I binge watched the second half of season 3 last night. Color me surprised, I was expecting something much worse. The first half of last season was pretty bad and meandering without much focus. The second half at least felt coherent and told an actual story that was OK in the end, though admittedly a little underwhelming.

They really, and I mean really, need to move away from plots revolving around characters withholding secrets from one another. It's been old for more than a season now. That crap needs to stop.

I saw the second episode and I have to say I liked it!

Anarchy was fun and I'm pretty happy with how they introduced Mister Terrific.

But a few things stood out to me that bothered me:
1. When Felicity fired that random lady, the random lady said how everyone thought Felicity would reform the company and was disappointed. I thought that comment was... dumb? How would Felicity reform the company if she's an interim president with 0 experience in anything business related. I'm glad they acknowledged this in the meeting, which just made that exchange even all of the more odd. I also didn't like that she lied to her shareholders about creating a miracle technology.

2. I thought Thea's rampage was kind of too easily telegraphed. It was really predictable when she would flip the switch and how, but man when she
set the dude on FIRE
was pretty damn shocking. Wish they were a bit more subtle about it than just saying "Hey it's Thea time!"

Overall, I liked it! Season 4 is going along okay. Nothing disastrous, but nothing that makes me shout YESSSSSSS (like Flash did for the first time ever in the latest episode)

JDSN

Banned
That commander guy in the island almost ripped a muscle forcing that tic. Im always shocked at the shitty acting that this show allows to be shot.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm glad I'm not the only person who's been thinking of John Glover's Floronic Man lately. Damn Flash.

PS.
miniature Ray will be returning to Arrow very soon if the promo is any indication!

I'm glad I'm not the only person who's been thinking of John Glover's Floronic Man lately. Damn Flash.

PS.
miniature Ray will be returning to Arrow very soon if the promo is any indication!
I wonder if he'll give credit for the technology to Holt so he can stay "dead" to deal with his Legends of Tomorrow stuff.

Rooster12

I binge watched the second half of season 3 last night. Color me surprised, I was expecting something much worse. The first half of last season was pretty bad and meandering without much focus. The second half at least felt coherent and told an actual story that was OK in the end, though admittedly a little underwhelming.

They really, and I mean really, need to move away from plots revolving around characters withholding secrets from one another. It's been old for more than a season now. That crap needs to stop.

You know what season 3 should have been?

So after Ra's kills Oliver, Maseo brings Oliver back with the lazarus pit. But, Oliver becomes evil/crazy. He comes under Ra's control, and then he starts killing everyone. He goes back to Star City and kills Diggle, Felicity, Det. Lance, which finally forces Laurel to go to Slade for help. Slade agrees and then it's Arrow vs. Deathstroke vs. Malcom vs. Arsenal vs. Ra's Al Ghul vs. Katana and Maseo vs. Ray Palmer

It should have been a full-on bloodbath.There's like 20 different characters on this show most of them just has to go.

Ahhh fuck this show.

foxtrot3d

Banned

So after Ra's kills Oliver, Maseo brings Oliver back with the lazarus pit. But, Oliver becomes evil/crazy. He comes under Ra's control, and then he starts killing everyone. He goes back to Star City and kills Diggle, Felicity, Det. Lance, which finally forces Laurel to go to Slade for help. Slade agrees and then it's Arrow vs. Deathstroke vs. Malcom vs. Arsenal vs. Ra's Al Ghul vs. Katana and Maseo vs. Ray Palmer

It should have been a full-on bloodbath.There's like 20 different characters on this show most of them just has to go.

Ahhh fuck this show.

That sounds horrible.

Magwik

Banned
That sounds horrible.
I mean the basic premise of Ollie being thrown into the pit and being slightly crazy and evil is much better than him playing some sort of fucking master gambit plan and Ra's running around Starling City dressed like Green Arrow then Roy getting stabbed but not really.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I mean the basic premise of Ollie being thrown into the pit and being slightly crazy and evil is much better than him playing some sort of fucking master gambit plan and Ra's running around Starling City dressed like Green Arrow then Roy getting stabbed but not really.

Nah, that sounds just as bad if not worse.

GulAtiCa

Ahhh fuck this show.
Ahhh.. No. No thanks. That's worse!

Maybe this show is just not for you.

I think Season 3 should've ended with Ra's pulling his face off to reveal that he was Tommy the whole time

Then Diggle shoots him in the goddamn face

sleepykyo

Ahhh fuck this show.

It takes something to write something worse than the season 3 finale and you managed to do it.

Rooster12

That would be infinitely better than season 3.

I don't see you people coming up with anything with your master writing degrees.

GTFOH.

Rooster12

It takes something to write something worse than the season 3 finale and you managed to do it.

At least it's not some biological mass terror attack on the city for like the 20th time.

Everyone is sick of that stuff already.

Nah, that sounds just as bad if not worse.

So you're saying that Oliver being affected by Lazarus Pit makes LESS sense than him being some Batman mastermind planner who teams up with Merlyn?

I mean did you really think the writers had everything planned out? Because the payoff at the end was a joke. It's just the typical crap you see on CW or NBC.

Season 2 was great because it had focus, a villain who was ruthless, and it had balls to stray from the usual trite CW shows.

Joni

I don't see you people coming up with anything with your master writing degrees.
Yes, it involves R'as winning by forcing Oliver to defeat him showing that he is still the smarter man, unlike how any other live-action adaptation portrayed him. Oh wait, that was the actual finale.

I think Season 3 should've ended with Ra's pulling his face off to reveal that he was Tommy the whole time

Actually Ra's should have gone into the Lazarus Pit, be made young again and be revealed to be Tommy!

foxtrot3d

Banned
That would be infinitely better than season 3.

GTFOH.

Just because S3 devolved into a travesty doesn't mean any and every other suggestion is better, your idea managed to be even worse than what we actually got. S3 had some interesting ideas and themes but was just executed incredibly poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom