• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

You know what season 3 should have been?

So after Ra's kills Oliver, Maseo brings Oliver back with the lazarus pit. But, Oliver becomes evil/crazy. He comes under Ra's control, and then he starts killing everyone. He goes back to Star City and kills Diggle, Felicity, Det. Lance, which finally forces Laurel to go to Slade for help. Slade agrees and then it's Arrow vs. Deathstroke vs. Malcom vs. Arsenal vs. Ra's Al Ghul vs. Katana and Maseo vs. Ray Palmer

It should have been a full-on bloodbath.There's like 20 different characters on this show most of them just has to go.

Ahhh fuck this show.
That.. Actually sounds worse than what we got.

Magwik

Banned
At the very least we can all agree S3 could have been a lot better and was handled pretty poorly. S4 is shaping up extremely well though, and that's what's important.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The problem with trying to fix season 3 in a broad way is that, in the abstract, the general plot and the major plot points of season 3 are all actually very good and interesting. It's just that the execution of those ideas didn't work for whatever reason.

Joni

And it probably would have shaped up a lot better if they didn't have to do some rewrites late in the game, like the Suicide Squad meddling and replacing Kord with Palmer which brings me back to the current season: how the fuck do they forbid them to use Kord but let them use Kord Industries again now?

Rooster12

The problem with trying to fix season 3 in a broad way is that, in the abstract, the general plot and the major plot points of season 3 are all actually very good and interesting. It's just that the execution of those ideas didn't work for whatever reason.

The general plot of Oliver coming back to life by some miraculous unexplained medicine which was never shown to us and then training with Merlyn and then pretending to join Ra's just makes no sense. No matter how you look at it.

That.. Actually sounds worse than what we got.

hqdefault.jpg

Enjoy.

Joni

The general plot of Oliver coming back to life by some miraculous unexplained medicine which was never shown to us and then training with Merlyn and then pretending to join Ra's just makes no sense. No matter how you look at it.
Training with a better fighter and trying to battle the enemy from within doesn't make sense?

Actually Ra's should have gone into the Lazarus Pit, be made young again and be revealed to be Tommy!

Then Diggle shoots him in the goddamn face

Oliver Queen: You're not Tommy. I watched him die.
Tommy Merlyn: [from behind] But am I not immortal?
[Ollie turns to face Tommy]
Tommy: Are my methods supernatural?
Ollie: Or cheap parlor tricks to conceal your true identity, "Ra's"?
Tommy: Surely, a man who spends his nights scrambling over the rooftops of Starling City wouldn't begrudge me dual identitie-

*Diggle shoots Tommy in the goddamn face*
John Diggle: Fuck this shit. I'm the goddamn Mayor.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Starting to hate Chesthair, honestly I wouldn't mind if he dies at this point.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
You know what season 3 should have been?

So after Ra's kills Oliver, Maseo brings Oliver back with the lazarus pit. But, Oliver becomes evil/crazy. He comes under Ra's control, and then he starts killing everyone. He goes back to Star City and kills Diggle, Felicity, Det. Lance, which finally forces Laurel to go to Slade for help. Slade agrees and then it's Arrow vs. Deathstroke vs. Malcom vs. Arsenal vs. Ra's Al Ghul vs. Katana and Maseo vs. Ray Palmer

It should have been a full-on bloodbath.There's like 20 different characters on this show most of them just has to go.

Ahhh fuck this show.

I agree with this bit 100%. My biggest problem with Arrow is that they took Ollie the driven, clever, unrelenting badass (and sociopath), and turned him into Ollie the idiotic whiny brute. He went from being one step ahead of all his enemies (both mentally and physically) to now where he does nothing but repeat trite action sequences with his entourage side-cast like every episode is a fucking dress-up Glee performance. They basically made Oliver dumb/unlikable so that the growing supporting cast could take on roles (and characteristics) that Ollie used to fill in s1.

The only Ollie I actually look forward to seeing these days is flashback Ollie, and yeah, it's apparent they've completely run out of flashback ideas but at least Ollie's character is still intriguing/likable. I just roll my eyes half the time during present day sequences, and am bored to tears during the other half—really don't know why I still watch Arrow when I hate all the characters now (and I hate that because I used to like them all in s1/s2!). Shoulda just continued to roll with Diggle the partner in crime and Felicity the comic relief and occasional IT girl and took things slower imo.

GulAtiCa

Starting to hate Chesthair, honestly I wouldn't mind if he dies at this point.

To be fair. He's a police officer who has sworn to uphold the law. Oliver is a vigilante who kills people. Vigilantes are criminals themselves.

From his perspective:
Oliver's group just set a guy on fire. He doesn't know Thea is a little pit-crazy, even so, that's a no-no in his mind. I mean come on.
Roy pretended to be Oliver and got killed for it. He obviously doesn't know Roy faked his death. He probably thinks Roy is dead.
Sara, his daughter, died and Oliver & co went on months pretending she was still alive. This is more Laurel's fault. But he likely holds a grudge against Arrow, since Sara was mixed up with them.
And so on.

Yes, he has been a bit over-board with the negative. But his character only sees one side of this.

I miss punisher ollie with his dad's list. that shit was legit as hell.

Life was so much simpler.

Ollie was driven as fuck and far ahead of everybody else, because he planned everything for years. Moira was a massive secret keeper and sneaky individual who still loved her kids and Walter. Walter had the worst position of everybody, and still kept a cool head.

Thea was on drugs. Tommy was a beta. Laurel was dumb. Chesthair was right.

ZeroX03

Banned
I always found S1 slightly overrated and S3 slightly underrated. Note the word slightly.

Not the biggest fan of Punisher Oliver either.

Magwik

Banned
S1 doesn't really get great until The Odyssey for me. Unless you count Helena in leather a few episodes earlier.

I don't think I've seen so many fans of a show agree on when to tune in or when the show picks up as Arrow fans do with The Odyssey.

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't think I've seen so many fans of a show agree on when to tune in or when the show picks up as Arrow fans do with The Odyssey.

For whatever reason, the creative team likes to use episode 14/15 as something amazing. The Odyssey, The Promise, Out of Time and The Return if you like that episode (and I do). It's their three act structure, so to speak.

Magwik

Banned
For whatever reason, the creative team likes to use episode 14/15 as something amazing. The Odyssey, The Promise, Out of Time and The Return if you like that episode (and I do). It's their three act structure, so to speak.

God the hype hear leading up to the promise was something amazing.
Also I didn't know people actually liked The Return

Mumei

After watching The Flash last week, I spent this last week watching Season 3 of Arrow. I just watched the first episode of this season.

Aaand the characters are all still complete morons.

I'm enjoying it anyway.

Mario007

There's usually a two to three weeks break around that time so its kind of their mid mid season finale.

ZeroX03

Banned
#405 "Haunted" starring Constantine

MATT RYAN REPRISES HIS ROLE AS JOHN CONSTANTINE ON ARROW — When things take a turn for the worse with Sara (guest star Caity Lotz), Oliver (Stephen Amell) calls in a favor from an old friend who deals in the mystical, John Constantine (guest star Matt Ryan). John Badham directed the episode written by Brian Ford Sullivan & Oscar Balderrama (#404). Original airdate 11/4/2015.

Kyoufu

How doesn't it?

I'm not good with words, but I find her recklessness annoying. Then again, I don't enjoy her character in general. Not really her fault, it's just that Arrow has a problem with female characters not being all that good for some reason. I liked Felicity at one point but then her schtick got tiring.

Magwik

Banned

MATT RYAN REPRISES HIS ROLE AS JOHN CONSTANTINE ON ARROW — When things take a turn for the worse with Sara (guest star Caity Lotz), Oliver (Stephen Amell) calls in a favor from an old friend who deals in the mystical, John Constantine (guest star Matt Ryan). John Badham directed the episode written by Brian Ford Sullivan & Oscar Balderrama (#404). Original airdate 11/4/2015.

Alright,
Ollie being old chumps with Constantine really is going to need some explanation.

Oh my fucking god, lol

Ollie: Diggle...there's something else I forgot to tell you.
Diggle: *isn't even listening anymore, is jamming hard on Guitar Hero Live*
Ollie:
On the island...A man was there. He smoked a lot. And wore a trenchcoat even though it was tropical all the time.

CloudWolf

E405 spoilers:
Constantine is an old friend of Oliver's? Of course he fucking is. At this point I won't be surprised if Oliver also met Superman and Batman while on the Island, lol.

Yeah I enjoyed Ollie noting caring about the killing aspect like most heros, but s1 one didn't really pick up for a bit.

He still doesn't care. He only cares if it's Thea doing the killing. I mean, he's hanging around Diggle who straight up shoots everyone and last episode he gave a speech to Thea about restraint after he himself shot a few guys in the chest with arrows.

strafer

E405 spoilers:
Constantine is an old friend of Oliver's? Of course he fucking is. At this point I won't be surprised if Oliver also met Superman and Batman while on the Island, lol.

well batman has a batcave there and Superman had his honeymoon there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom