• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
Get me to write and direct an episode. Crossovers with Flash, Legends, Constantine, Supergirl and Torchwood. Imagine Dragons. Roy flips back into action. Slade looking at things with a surprised smile. Every fight scene will begin with "you have failed this city" and end with Diggle saying "you couldn't dig it". And all the Olicity you could ever need.

ZeroX03

Banned
#306 "Lost Souls" Synopsis

RAY PALMER RETURNS FROM THE DEAD — Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) is frantic when she learns that Ray (guest star Brandon Routh) is alive and being held by Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough). Felicity’s guilt over not finding Ray sooner causes tension between her and Oliver (Stephen Amell). Meanwhile, Sara (guest star Caity Lotz) joins Laurel (Katie Cassidy), Thea (Willa Holland) and the team on a rescue mission for Ray. However, the effects of the Lazarus Pit take over and threaten to jeopardize the entire operation. Donna Smoak (guest star Charlotte Ross) returns to Star City. Antonio Negret directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#406). Original airdate 11/11/2015.

Joni

Wozzly would just ruin everything
If by ruin, you mean make everything perfect.

Get me to write and direct an episode. Crossovers with Flash, Legends, Constantine, Supergirl and Torchwood. Imagine Dragons. Roy flips back into action. Slade looking at things with a surprised smile. Every fight scene will begin with "you have failed this city" and end with Diggle saying "you couldn't dig it". And all the Olicity you could ever need.
And a tag where Tommy's actor is just looking at the episode on TV.

I know people bring her up a gazillion times, but is there a reason Zatanna isn't in anything? Can she not be used? Is there no interest in her character? I feel like it's such a missed opportunity.

IconGrist

I know people bring her up a gazillion times, but is there a reason Zatanna isn't in anything? Can she not be used? Is there no interest in her character? I feel like it's such a missed opportunity.

You mean in anything ever? Because she was a recurring character on Smallville. I think she was also on Lois & Clark once but I might be thinking of something else.

ZeroX03

Banned

Zatanna is a guest character in like every DC animated series. She's just never a leading lady. Anyway there hasn't been a natural entry point for her in the Arrowverse yet, Constantine was cancelled and Justice League Dark might be coming soon. So that'd be why.

Movie interest makes it tough,
Upper DC B-list, not much potential as a solo and a crazy niche spectrum. I'd also put her down as too good of a match for tv(similar to Batman) and that scares WB away.
kinda thinking if they are allowed, Arrow would use her in this season or next.
Appearance in a 2nd Constantine season was basically a lock barring movie use issues but that ended up cancelled.

Though I thought it was a big missed opportunity on Gotham to not have that magician performance Jerome took over to be a Zatarra reference somehow.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I bet Zatanna is usable for TV. I can't even imagine the movies using her anytime this decade. I think she just hasn't fit into the current TV landscape. Arrow just introduced magic this season, so it would be fair to throw her in at some point moving forward.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I bet Zatanna is usable for TV. I can't even imagine the movies using her anytime this decade. I think she just hasn't fit into the current TV landscape. Arrow just introduced magic this season, so it would be fair to throw her in at some point moving forward.
They're supposedly filming Justice League Dark next year

Attempts have been made at Warner Bros to make a Zatanna movie. Never went anywhere, but now with JL Dark, it's likely.

Rosur

So far I'm finding this season much better than the last. But it has a long way to go before I can forgive the sins committed in season 3.

Yea working alot better this season.
Also the phone stuff with Felicity is looking like it will setup the return for Ray/ The Atom in the next couple of episodes (hopefully they don't drag it out too long)

Oliver giving control over the league to a mass murderer is one of the things I'm going struggle to forgive (or at least forget).
Batman can tear down the LOA anytime he wants, it's a DC thing to have them let these organisations exist irrationally.

If a hero destroys his enemies for good, e.g. Batman tears down the league of assassins, then there would be no villains for the hero to fight. We have to accept some irrational decisions, or there would be no superhero stories.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Diggle is so dead...which kinda sucks because he part of the OG crew and quite likable. His helmet still looks like a really bad joke though.

Frog-fu

Banned
Batman can tear down the LOA anytime he wants, it's a DC thing to have them let these organisations exist irrationally.

Oliver isn't Batman and Arrow isn't in the same tone as a comic or animated DC show.

In the context of the show, Malcolm taking over the League the way he did was dumb as shit.

Nyssa should have succeeded her father if Oliver was going to allow the League to continue to exist. They had common ground and mutual respect.

Malcolm had Sara MURDERED and used THEA do it under the influence of drugs after he trained her to become a killer - and all just so he could protect himself.

Post Punisher!Olived has killed for less. He should have killed Malcolm. Or let Nyssa and the League take his life. Or at the very least he should have exiled him under the threat of immediate death if he ever returned.

But no. He lets the guy that killed a woman he loved and turned his sister in a brainwashed killer - which got her killed by the way - not only live, he lets him assume control over a shadowy organisation of assassins, one not all too dissimilar to the Undertaking. Which got Tommy and 500 people or so killed btw.

The only reason Malcolm ain't dead yet is because he is a popular character and the showrunners want to keep Barrowman on board for as long as possible.

We'd talk more about how ridiculous this all is but unfortunately this wasn't even the dumbest thing to have happened in season 3.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yea working alot better this season.
Also the phone stuff with Felicity is looking like it will setup the return for Ray/ The Atom in the next couple of episodes (hopefully they don't drag it out too long)

Maybe scroll up and click on that synopsis.

Kyoufu

The only reason Malcolm ain't dead yet is because he is a popular character and the showrunners want to keep Barrowman on board for as long as possible.

We'd talk more about how ridiculous this all is but unfortunately this wasn't even the dumbest thing to have happened in season 3.

The only reason he's still alive is because he's Thea's father. Oliver doesn't want to rob Thea of that.

I agree with you, it's dumb as shit.

Magwik

Banned
Constantine hype? Constantine hype.

You know what bothers me though? That an IT geek is super hot, manages to get a forensic superhero to like her and manages to date 2 billionaires.
That shit never happens to me.

and becomes one herself!
Also in regards to the clip:
"John I need your help"
giphy+(2).gif

Not sure how I feel about Oliver just happening to randomly know Constantine. Is he going to show up in the episode flashback to explain this?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just got caught up

it does seem like they realized how god awful S3 was, and are slowly fixing things

at the very least least the characters are likable again and they've brought back Sara. i just hope it doesn't devolve back into the garbage that was S3.

nice to see Felicity again, she's the best.

just got caught up

it does seem like they realized how god awful S3 was, and are slowly fixing things

at the very least least the characters are likable again and they've brought back Sara. i just hope it doesn't devolve back into the garbage that was S3.

nice to see Felicity again, she's the best.

I'm glad they got rid of the lazarus pit as well so when/if someone dies they can't just fucking bring them back anymore.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm glad they got rid of the lazarus pit as well so when/if someone dies they can't just fucking bring them back anymore.

yeah that was a nice touch. also puts merlyn and nyssa at odds.

i like the "ticking clock" of the mystery death

i just want people's motivations to make sense this season... everyone kept making stupid decisions last season and it brought it all down. so far they seem to be taking more care to set up plausible motivations for people.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Slightly OT, but can somebody PLEASE tell me where I can get an Arrow show calibre Deathstroke costume? I'll pay any price!

They're supposedly filming Justice League Dark next year

Attempts have been made at Warner Bros to make a Zatanna movie. Never went anywhere, but now with JL Dark, it's likely.
I didn't know about JLD, that's awesome. I hope it all works out. I just want more magic DC, its my favorite subset and it doesn't get much play. As much as I talk Zatanna, I want to see Doctor Fate more than anything, and my lovable Etrigan. I really wish NBC hadn't done Constantine.

JDSN

Banned
Diggle was never the best actor and yet they are gonna put a helmet on him?
Thea's actress decided to throw in a weird stutter on top of her parseltongue speech pattern. Im really liking the male Felicity character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom