• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian-GAF: We're all the same, like Stormtroopers |OT| |AT|

Peanut butter & jelly donut.

DeepFriedPeanutButter2.jpg

Went to an indoor boardwalk thing this weekend and had funnel cake and deep fried oreos. :D

Omg.. I had deep fried Oreos at Plucker's.. It's amazing.. (〒︿〒)

Funnel cakes is the shit at fairs.

You goddamn know it!

Sour Cream & Onion pretzel from Auntie Anne's is heavenly.

Sounds odd, but so interesting. :3 Would definitely try it!
Like everything else in the world.

Peanut butter & jelly donut.

STAHP

They make them with butter and it tastes like the butter. They're great.
I actually don't reply care for the butter taste. Super pretzels for life.

Omg.. I had deep fried Oreos at Plucker's.. It's amazing.. (〒︿〒)

You goddamn know it!

Sounds odd, but so interesting. :3 Would definitely try it!
Like everything else in the world.

STAHP
My friend never had fried oreos before and she complained they were too sweet. ;.;

I guess I shouldn't complain, it just left more for me :D

My friend never had fried oreos before and she complained they were too sweet. ;.;

I guess I shouldn't complain, it just left more for me :D

Whaaat. ;_; Use psychology on her.

Hah, I feel you! Everytime I offer something, and they refuse. "Oh, well if you want some, just tell me." (Yes. YES! THEY'RE ALL MINE!)

Whaaat. ;_; Use psychology on her.

Hah, I feel you! Everytime I offer something, and they refuse. "Oh, well if you want some, just tell me." (Yes. YES! THEY'RE ALL MINE!)
Haha, I bought them for her because she said she never had them. I was just surprised there are people who thing they're too sweet.
Fried Oreos? What?!

:O You've been missing out on a lot my friend.

It's pretty much an Oreo dipped in funnel cake batter, deep fried with powered sugar sprinkled on top.

I've never even had funnel cake.
I.... I.... What?
1078069.jpg

So good.

Oh yes, there are some people who can't handle such sweetness. They weren't blessed like us to handle such godly desserts. :p

Dafuq. What is wrong with you? Go get one, right NAOW.

Sometimes you just have to step up and help those you care about :D

Fuck, I want an auntie Anne's pretzel now and I don't even care about them that much.

Toki767

I've only had fried twinkies. Fried oreos sound odd, but I'd try them too.

I guess fried bananas are too common in Asian desserts to mention. :p

Anyone ever have fish balls and broad noodle cooked in peanut butter? Strange combination, but amazingly good. I tried googling it, but can't find any pictures of it. The pictures below are just examples. I think they might be a unique recipe by a street vendor here in New York. Tastes great, surprised it hasn't caught on.

WafnKnw.jpg

RprxPDG.jpg

Interesting read. I have a friend who is half Jewish and half Indian. We used to joking call him a Half-Jew all the time. He never seemed to be offended by it but now I wonder.

Also, I have heard a lot about Jewish male/Asian female pairings. It seems like the majority of the White male/Asian female pairings I know of are of this persuasion, second only to Catholic white/Asian female pairings. From personal experience it didn't seem like family compatibility (stemming from culture/religion) was the reason and was more often the source of conflict. But there has to be more to it than the White (Jewish?) man's love for Asian women and vice versa.

Funnily enough, my dating a Jewish girl is the only example I can think of where the Jewish/Asian pairing wasn't Jewish man/Asian woman. She had self-professed Asian fever, but ended up marrying a white guy (not sure if he's Jewish) anyway.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone ever have fish balls and broad noodle cooked in peanut butter? Strange combination, but amazingly good. I tried googling it, but can't find any pictures of it. The pictures below are just examples. I think they might be a unique recipe by a street vendor here in New York. Tastes great, surprised it hasn't caught on.

Peanut butter in noodles is amazing.
I haven't had it with fish balls, but my favorite home cooked dish is sesame sauce noodles (ma jian mian). The sauce is seasoned sesame oil & paste mixed with peanut butter. Served with minced garlic pork & tofu, sweet vinegar, and pickled mustard greens. Cold noodles are a must. Oh man.

Here is my shamelessly instagrammed pic:

suzu

Yeah, I get the noodles in the 2nd pic like once a month. It's tasty.

This is interesting. I wonder how many of those couples is an Asian female and Jewish male, though.

I'm curious because I thought that being Jewish came from your mother, not your father-- a practice, it seems, that would encourage people to marry "their" own women, as opposed to "outsiders."

I really do think that the majority of these pairings is Jewish male/Asian female and is a part of a larger White male/Asian female cultural preference. And yes, it seems like being "Jewish" supposedly stems from the mother's side, but I don't think these pairing are occurring because Jewish guys are trying to convert Asian women and want to further their Jewish heritage. It's because they find Asian women attractive.

Sometimes you just have to step up and help those you care about :D

Fuck, I want an auntie Anne's pretzel now and I don't even care about them that much.

Always. ;D

I want one, because I never had one, haha.

I've only had fried twinkies. Fried oreos sound odd, but I'd try them too.

I guess fried bananas are too common in Asian desserts to mention. :p

You must! You will not regret it!

Mmmm.. Fried bananas. :)

WafnKnw.jpg

RprxPDG.jpg

I've never even heard of such a thing, but it looks so damn good.. •﹏•

Yeah, I get the noodles in the 2nd pic like once a month. It's tasty.

Yeah, but add some peanut butter to it. Some hot liquified peanut butter as the sauce. It's probably not that hard to make. Just add peanut butter.

I've never even heard of such a thing, but it looks so damn good.. •﹏•

The pics there aren't the actual thing. They're the ingredients for non-Chinese Asians to visualize what I'm talking about. Though the sauce in the second picture kind of looks close, but you know it's soy sauce and not peanut butter.

What is everyone doing on Saturday? :V

The pics there aren't the actual thing. They're the ingredients for non-Chinese Asians to visualize what I'm talking about. Though the sauce in the second picture kind of looks close, but you know it's soy sauce and not peanut butter.

Either way, I want to eat it! I have been getting these major food cravings lately.. I can't wait for Valentine's Day.

Oh, nice. That sounds like some amazing things can go down. I know that it would for me, hah.

Not sure yet, probably go visit my mom. I have to valentine's day late this year.

That's sweet. Couldn't put together that last sentence.

Two girls at once.

Work.

Why not both?

Someone in this thread.

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKKEKEKEKEKEKEKKEE

But I'm really happy to be seeing my partner, since it's a LDR. We're going to cuddle, watch a movie, and
I'm going to sit on him and make annoying noises until he feeds me sweets.

Way to make me feel bad, bunny. Geez. D:

Oooh, well isn't that awesome. Make it a very memorable one! Have each other's hearts beating simultaneously. :3

How lewd.

Oh, nice. That sounds like some amazing things can go down. I know that it would for me, hah.

That's sweet. Couldn't put together that last sentence.

Why not both?

Way to make me feel bad, bunny. Geez. D:

Oooh, well isn't that awesome. Make it a very memorable one! Have each other's hearts beating simultaneously. :3

How lewd.
Bleh, my phone seems to miss words. My GF is on vacation so we have to do it a little late this year.

Celebrating Singles Awareness Day at work.

Now that is silly. I don't know why people get so caught up over a fake Holiday. I have a friend who thought Valentine's Day on on Friday the 13th this year cause he couldn't give a shit; and he has a wife. If I don't get a day off and the mail still comes to my door, it's not an actual Holiday. It's no different from being single today or being single this Saturday.

Now that is silly. I don't know why people get so caught up over a fake Holiday. I have a friend who thought Valentine's Day on on Friday the 13th this year cause he couldn't give a shit; and he has a wife. If I don't get a day off and the mail still comes to my door, it's not an actual Holiday. It's no different from being single today or being single this Saturday.

I was being sarcastic to TroubledBat. I don't really care about wacky holidays in general as long as I'm able to get a day off sometimes. I could make any day into Mothers or Fathers' Day instead of actually celebrating it on those exact dates. I still have to work anyway, and it'll be fun dealing with all the idiots asking why I couldn't take off to celebrate with my SO.

Question: "Oh how come you're working?"
Response: "Because people procrastinate every holiday making the rest of us work."

BlueSteel

With all the carb goods being mentioned, I thought I'd just chime in and say that Chicago has some of the best donuts in the country : ]

BlueSteel

Where are these donuts? I must know.

Are you in Chicago? Here are my favorites:

Favorite donut place? Donut Vault.

It garnered best donut shop of the year a few years back, and ranks highly every year:

969122_2001902324401_1686893829_n.jpg

My favorite there is their old fashioned donuts. Good initial crunch but very soft.

All time favorite donut: Doughscuit at Endgrain (Picture not mine):
Endgrain1.jpg

Part donut, part biscuit. Great honey filling. Gawwwd. I don't hunger for donuts right now while dieting... but the Doughscuit is an exception.

Other places I like:
Do-Rite, Firecakes

People like, but I'm MEH on:
Stan's, Glazed and Infused

Saturday, my wife has something planned for us in the morning and afternoon, and then we're having Chinese New Year dinner with my family. Sunday, I'm taking her to dinner at KaGaYa, which is supposed to be a really high-end ($$$$ on Yelp) shabu shabu place.

Did you guys hear that ABC is picking up a new show, starring Ken Jeong?

http://deadline.com/2015/02/ken-jeong-comedy-dr-ken-pilot-pickup-abc-1201370820/

Written by Jared Stern (The Internship), Mike O’Connell and Jeong, who is a licensed physician and worked as an internist before quitting to pursue comedy, Dr. Ken stars Jeong as a frustrated HMO doctor juggling medicine, marriage and parenting, and succeeding at none of them. Stern executive produces with Mike Sikowitz, who serves as showrunner, and Davis Entertainment’s John David and John Fox. O’Connell and Jeong co-executive produce.

This might be great news in that ABC is taking FOB and Asian-led sitcoms seriously. But if all the comedy in this ends up being Mr. Jeong's racist stereotype schtick, then maybe not.

Argyle

Saturday, my wife has something planned for us in the morning and afternoon, and then we're having Chinese New Year dinner with my family. Sunday, I'm taking her to dinner at KaGaYa, which is supposed to be a really high-end ($$$$ on Yelp) shabu shabu place.

KaGaYa is legit, enjoy!

BlueSteel

Whoa, I'll be in Chicago next week on business travel. Might check this one out.

Then again, after I win the Powerball tonight, I'll probably skip the trip.

Endgrain is a bit up north in the neighborhood, might be a bit of a diversion if you're here on business.

If you're going to be in the loop, definitely check out the Donut Vault. You may or may not have to wait in line though (during the summer the wait could get ridiculous), so I'd go there right when they open at 8.

You guys are totally awesome haha. =D

Bunny - you on some sugar high or something? Everytime I see food and your response, I have to immediately think:

lOkAn.gif

StMeph

Whoa, I'll be in Chicago next week on business travel. Might check this one out.

Then again, after I win the Powerball tonight, I'll probably skip the trip.

If you're winning Powerball and visiting Chicago, might as well drop by Alinea.

Top Bottom