• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag |OT| Not Based on a DisneyLand Ride

I can't believe how much better this game is compared to 3. I consider it the second best in the franchise, AC2 being the best. I haven't finished the story yet, but I am close. I love how they are handling Edward and the Assassins.

My only problems with the game are old ones, trailing people can get annoying and the climbing is occasionally oversensitive. I've been really enjoying hunting Man-o-Wars to get supplies to upgrade my ship. I haven't gone after the Legendaries yet, but once I upgrade my Mortars and Swivels (the last two Elite upgrades I need) I'll go hunting.

I don't like hunting animals but I am so happy that they just let you buy animal skins in the shops.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just fought this giant ship and the frame rate went to hell when I boarded it. Weird.

Tenrius

... Where? I see single, multi, additional content (dlc) and a few others.

I can't take a screenshot for some reason, but it's right there in the upper right corner next to singleplayer, multiplayer, initiates etc. I guess if you didn't see it there, you just don't have it (or something went wrong), because it's very noticeable.

iNvid02

fucking hell
KuGsj.gif

QFNP. Anyone?

If it's anything like most of the retailer codes, the Target ones will give you access to some exclusive locations (small islands off the main map) which you can visit and find the weapons/outfits in. They'll be marked on your main map so you should be able to sail to them from Sequence 3 onwards.

Anyone else using the companion app? If so ad me my uplay is : TallestMidget

I can't stand waiting hours for my ships to come back from missions, and this will just make it faster :)

Joeki11a

Banned
I was playing this and it looks extremely sharp like it has zero AA of motion Blur

not feeling that, I see jaggies and this game feels not next gen at all

just a HD version port up

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Did you enter the code on the flipside of the cover behind the manual?

I did and I'm having the same problem as him.

That forced stealth section in Tulum is really tedious.

I played it pretty much the same as I would if it weren't forced. The only difference is I used my hands instead of the hidden blade.

I havn't been able to access my fleet since I started the game 2 weeks ago because the Ubisoft's shitty servers are never up. And since it's one of the bigger ways to get money in the game, I'm screwed.

Special C

How do I get a Uplay passport on Xbox One. I got the game digitally and I can't access Kenways's Fleet content. I can't find it in the store.

Anyone know of a head to head between PC and PS4? I normally play these games on PC but I might as well buy a game for my new console.
unless you have a really poor rig, the pc version is the one to go (you probably can find a cheap code off ebay for $30-40 + blacklist).

Assassin%E2%80%99s%20Creed%C2%AE%20IV%20Black%20Flag%E2%84%A22013-11-23-19-6-15.jpg

i think uplay sadly farts with the image quality, but its a gorgeous game for the most part.

Noi

So is there a way to fix the Uplay issue with the PS4 version? I'm having a lot of fun with the game, but I'm a little bummed that I'm not taking advantage of the fleet or chasing down white whales because I can't connect to Uplay on my account.

So is there a way to fix the Uplay issue with the PS4 version? I'm having a lot of fun with the game, but I'm a little bummed that I'm not taking advantage of the fleet or chasing down white whales because I can't connect to Uplay on my account.

I'd also love to know that.

Lingitiz

He's no Jesper Kyd, but Brian Tyler did a great job on the OST.

I'm really liking the soundtrack. 3's was a big letdown aside from the main theme, but this one is pretty well put together.

This song playing when you first get the Jackdaw was a great moment.

Anyone know of a head to head between PC and PS4? I normally play these games on PC but I might as well buy a game for my new console.

PC version is a shit port but it's still the one to get. It can be had for $20-30 and it looks fairly nice. My rig isn't top of the line but I haven't dropped below 35 fps at any point. It runs around 50-60 most of the time

unless you have a really poor rig, the pc version is the one to go (you probably can find a cheap code off ebay for $30-40 + blacklist).

Assassin%E2%80%99s%20Creed%C2%AE%20IV%20Black%20Flag%E2%84%A22013-11-23-19-6-15.jpg

i think uplay sadly farts with the image quality, but its a gorgeous game for the most part.

I'm really liking the soundtrack. 3's was a big letdown aside from the main theme, but this one is pretty well put together.

This song playing when you first get the Jackdaw was a great moment.

PC version is a shit port but it's still the one to get. It can be had for $20-30 and it looks fairly nice. My rig isn't top of the line but I haven't dropped below 35 fps at any point. It runs around 50-60 most of the time

Are the codes for Steam or what? The few sellers I checked didn't say which.

ibhNuyXEpDzm3J.jpg
(PS4)
iuvpTeBvffgMa.jpg
(PC)

TXAA seems to blur shit

Finding it hard to find a difference in them pics. Granted i'm at work on a 1280x1024 monitor so that might be why.

Paches

So I am really stupid and I am stuck in the first area after killing the guy and taking his suit. I can't for the life of me "find a way to Havana".

You can, with pistols

Wtf?

In the last AssCreed game I played being number 2 I liked killing the odd civilian or grabbing a begger and throwing them around or doing a knife kill on them.
Why'd they change this? I know you used to get those warnings about not killing them but still thats kinda shitty.

Teddified

Man the underwater stuff wasn't that fun, I did them cause I felt I needed to.

But I pretty much just grabbed what I could and just didn't care if I died, since everything you collected is kept. Then just went out again to get the rest.

Some of them without the Sharks and the snake eel things where ok, but those damn snake eels sucked. And the Sharks just sucked too, I mean just send me down there with a spear and I'll kill them instead.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
So I am really stupid and I am stuck in the first area after killing the guy and taking his suit. I can't for the life of me "find a way to Havana".

Cuba is an island country, so you need a boat.
"Restricted area" means that you're entering hostile territory, not that the game won't allow you to go there. So go to the beach, (the one closest to where it tells you to go to Havana) carefully. The water at the bottom of the waterfall is deep enough for you to dive off the top safely.

SRTtoZ

I'm too lazy to go searching for the post but I think it was Justin from IGN who said this is a very good game but the Assassin angle doesn't make much sense and I completely agree. Its a fantastic open world pirate game, but I feel like UBI should remove the AC angle to it and just go for a pirate series all together. Fantastic game tho.

Gun Animal

This could either be not spoilers at all or huge gigantic spoilers for both ACIV and... one other game! So maybe don't highlight this unless you've finished ACIV and gotten into all the little easter eggs:
Has anyone talked about how the 'Security Systems Presentation' in ACIV confirms that Watch_Dogs is in the Assassin's Creed canon yet? Seems like a big deal and I would have expected to be reading headlines about it by now.

MilkBeard

So like with a lot of people here, I'm very happy with how AC4 turned out. ACIII was an okay game, but it gave me a bad example of the series as a whole, as it was my first game. I was on the fence about Black Flag, but I'm glad I picked it up. Ubisoft struck a good balance in the open-world design and platforming. It feels like a good fit. Colonial America was a cool concept, but I think it just didn't work with the style of gameplay in Assasin's Creed games. It's a shame that ACIII was super hyped, which caused a bit of a backlash and less interest for AC4, which is a much better game (imo).

Top Bottom