• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed II - The |OT|

kaskade

Has anyone been using Uplay? There's some nice little unlockables for using that. Just hit Y at the start screen and you're in.

Ridley327

Volcynika said:
Are the
assassination contracts you get from Medici
infinite? I've done a ton already and there are still more!

They do eventually end, but there are a lot of them. Most of them have unique setups, too.

d0c_zaius

I was playing the ps3 version, but after seeing the 360 version......and I was at Venice heh.

Anyone know of any good holidays deals for AC2? thanks:D

I think my favorite music is the chilling on the rooftops in Tuscany.

Volcynika

Grimm Fandango said:
Can anyone with the soundtrack identify the song that plays when you're in a race?

Yes, I LOVE THAT MUSIC.

They do eventually end, but there are a lot of them. Most of them have unique setups, too.

Thanks. Love them, but I had no idea if I was ever going to reach an end of them :lol

Huggers

Thanks to that Mr Negative guy and another poster I went out and picked this up despite hating the first game. What can I say, wow. Massive, massive leap over the first game. I love it and have already sunk a few hours into it and will no doubt lose many more to it. Great game, cheers guys

Someone posted the soundtrack a while back but where can you download it? I don't have iTunes installed (like to keep it that way) so I can't check there.

edit: looks like Amazon has it, doh. But I'd prefer a physical copy.

Ranger X

Wow, you guys want to laugh?

There's a chest I can't figure out how to reach yet in the Auditore Crypt. (get it from Uplay).
I suppose I need the climp leap (and I am far from learning it) but hey, maybe some of you knows if I can reach it already?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Keyser Soze said:
Yay! 1000/1000. Have not done that in ages, as no game kept my attention long enough.

AC II will most likely be my 2nd 1000/1000 ever, after looking through the requirements. They really give em out fast early in the game, I had 200 points after the first couple hours.
Great game, though, fuck work I should be playing it right now.

jett

D-Member
Ranger X said:

There's a chest I can't figure out how to reach yet in the Auditore Crypt. (get it from Uplay).
I suppose I need the climp leap (and I am far from learning it) but hey, maybe some of you knows if I can reach it already?

I know which chest you're talking about. It's impossible to reach, with the climb leap or not. Also, you can spot that there's a little tunnel next to it...well the exit is nowhere to be seen in the entire map.

...and there's already another secret area/bonus treasure in the crypt. :p

Sai

Ranger X said:

There's a gate you can swim under in that area.

Ranger X

jett said:
I know which chest you're talking about. It's impossible to reach, with the climb leap or not. Also, you can spot that there's a little tunnel next to it...well the exit is nowhere to be seen in the entire map.

...and there's already another secret area/bonus treasure in the crypt. :p

Yes its that place. And I got the other secret area, it was pretty simple to find actually.
I wonder about Sai's comment up there though, i'll go see if there's a door I can swim under. (only thing I remember is actually doors in the water that I can open for a certain time)

AndresON777

shooting blanks
finished it

damn good game but the last couple of levels were way easier than AC1. Still a huge improvement over 1 even though the first 2 hours or so are damn boring if you played AC1. took me 28 hours to finish the game. didnt even fuck with the feathers but got pretty much everything else. If I didnt hate the platforming controls on some of the puzzles and shit I'd say it was GOTY. I do really love that you can go back and play the game once you're done with the story. Pretty sure you couldnt do that shit in AC1. That Altair costume and sword prolly made it easier since it doesnt have to be repaired.

10/10

I'm hoping for some DLC missions

jett

D-Member
AndresON777 said:
finished it

damn good game but the last couple of levels were way easier than AC1. Still a huge improvement over 1 even though the first 2 hours or so are damn boring if you played AC1. took me 28 hours to finish the game. didnt even fuck with the feathers but got pretty much everything else. If I didnt hate the platforming controls on some of the puzzles and shit I'd say it was GOTY. I do really love that you can go back and play the game once you're done with the story. Pretty sure you couldnt do that shit in AC1. That Altair costume and sword prolly made it easier since it doesnt have to be repaired.

10/10

I'm hoping for some DLC missions

Well in AC1 you could replay any assassination/memory block you wanted. That was the only way to continue "exploring"...although there was nothing to explore really. :p

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i beat AC2 and loved it.. i never got far into AC1 so i started it over last night. i went back to play the intro. i got to the point where i dropped the logs and was stabbed.

so far, it's fun. the graphic issues aren't bad.

how is the game as you get further and further into it?

i might want to focus on another game in my backlog.

Sai

Ranger X said:
I wonder about Sai's comment up there though, i'll go see if there's a door I can swim under. (only thing I remember is actually doors in the water that I can open for a certain time)
There's another gate on the side opposite to that, immediately to your left as you enter that area. Swimming under that leads to a path to the treasure chest above.

DeathNote said:
how is the game as you get further and further into it?
I think somebody suggested this before, but if you want to get through AC1(especially after completing AC2), do the bare minimum of investigations before the main assassinations.

You don't really need to play through it though, unless you want a better grasp of the first game's story; characters that are mentioned or seen briefly throughout AC2, the e-mails, etcetera. If you don't care about any of that, you'd be better off moving on to the next game on your backlog.

Grimm Fandango said:
Wait if Venice is like half the game and I just got to Flori... how far am I?
You arrive at Venice immediately after finishing up with Forli, so you're just about at the halfway point I guess.

Amir0x

Banned
I find it amusing that even inside of Forlì, I can hear Leonardo Da Vinci yelling at me from the docks. "Ezio! Over here!"

I'm like... "I must not be a very good assassin!"

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Amir0x said:
I find it amusing that even inside of Forlì, I can hear Leonardo Da Vinci yelling at me from the docks. "Ezio! Over here!"

I'm like... "I must not be a very good assassin!"
god, I spent so long listening to that god damn loop as I searched for the glyph D=

How are so many people finishing this already? There's like a million treasure chests, and I'll be damned if I'm going to be able to find all the feathers!

Talon

It's rare that I play a game and wish music was playing. The ambient chatter and noises is nice, I suppose. That Venice Rooftops song sounds very east Asian to me for some reason. Actually, I think it's 'cause a section of it sounds almost exactly like the theme from a Korean period piece miniseries.

BeeDog

Good lord this game rocks! Definitely in my top 5 for this year, and here's hoping that the rest of the game will keep upping the ante :D (just finished the 4th or 5th sequence).

A Black Edition bonus quest(ion):

Could someone please tell me the exact locations of the bonus quests please? Thanks in advance.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
How are so many people finishing this already? There's like a million treasure chests, and I'll be damned if I'm going to be able to find all the feathers!
Forget the treasure chests. I spend ALL my money on my villa first and that shit made me so much money. I upgraded all the shops to level 3 and almost 100% my villa. That way, you won't even have to go treasure chest hunting. You'll keep getting a shit ton of $$$ every 20 mins.

Minamu

Ranger X said:

Use Leonardo's wings.

Kaako said:
Forget the treasure chests. I spend ALL my money on my villa first and that shit made me so much money. I upgraded all the shops to level 3 and almost 100% my villa. That way, you won't even have to go treasure chest hunting. You'll keep getting a shit ton of $$$ every 20 mins.

Yah I've done that... I guess I just assumed getting all the treasure chests was part of getting all 1000/1000 achievement points.

Amir0x

Banned
Rez said:
god, I spent so long listening to that god damn loop as I searched for the glyph D=

I finished every single side quest, treasure box and crypt in that place, the entire time start to end I hear Leonardo's little repeating loop. It's so funny, being on top of a tower, hearing "Ezio! Over here!" from like a three miles away.

With shitty assassin skills like that, I'm surprised I don't become Notorious the second I enter any city :(

Ranger X

By the way, mentionning wich glyph you are in doesn't help someone to find wich puzzle you're talking about because the puzzles are in the same order regardless the order you activate the glyphs. :)

Ranger X said:
By the way, mentionning wich glyph you are in doesn't help someone to find wich puzzle you're talking about because the puzzles are in the same order regardless the order you activate the glyphs. :)

No matter which glyph I do first the order would be just like I am doing it for the first time? There's only one Henry Ford puzzle though. And it's kinda hard.

wouwie

Just started AC2. Some very early random thoughts:
- when it comes to creating beautiful (open) game worlds, ubisoft is amongst the best
- the atmosphere is amazing (florence at night.... wow)
- music is nice
- graphics and engine: amazing. Someday, when hardware is powerful enough for this engine, it will look gorgeous (pc version?)
- slightly dissapointed by the engine performance on ps3. It doesn't seem improved since AC1, on the contrary. Lot's of tearing, pop-in and such.
- so far, gameplay seems exactly the same as AC1 (including the terrible AI)

Revelations said:
I cant figure out that Henry Ford puzzle... whats the password for it? The glyph in the town of Forli.

That was a good one. I just did it so it's fresh in my mind.

II-- is where 2 goes. Each - represents "one" while each I represents "three". Think Roman numerals. After lining up II-- with 2, deduce the numbers that are blank by adding or subtracting.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
30jqofk.jpg

please tell me this awful, awful opinion is not widely held.

So I somehow finished "Behind Closed Doors" without killing the target. I was going to jump down and open the gate but fell back outside and it said I completed the mission. Am I screwed?

Top Bottom