• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Shadows delayed to February 14, 2025

Draugoth

Gold Member

Assassin’s Creed Shadows will now be released on 14 February 2025. While the game is feature complete, the learnings from the Star Wars Outlaws release led us to provide additional time to further polish the title. This will enable the biggest entry in the franchise to fully deliver on its ambition, notably by fulfilling the promise of our dual protagonist adventure, with Naoe and Yasuke bringing two very different gameplay styles.

Last edited:

Jaybe

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

Kurotri

• Assassin’s Creed Shadows will now be released on 14 February 2025. While the game is feature complete, the learnings from the Star Wars Outlaws release led us to provide additional time to further polish the title. This will enable the biggest entry in the franchise to fully deliver on its ambition, notably by fulfilling the promise of our dual protagonist adventure, with Naoe and Yasuke bringing two very different gameplay styles.
  • We are departing from the traditional Season Pass model. All players will be able to enjoy the game at the same time on February 14 and those who preorder the game will be granted the first expansion for free.
  • The game will mark the return of our new releases on Steam Day 1.

LMJ

Given the shitstorm with Japan and all the bad press and the underperformance of Ubis SW Outlaws, I'm not surprised...

Take this extra time and polish this game to a diamond Ubi, heed the criticisms and bring in ACTUAL Japanese experts and maybe get some bloody humility and admit you put you foot in your mouth when you tried to pass of Yuske (okay you flat out lied lol) and just be freaking humble for fucks sake!

Seriously more than anything I miss professionalism from the industry, remember we are your damn customers and our wallets can make or break you so show us it!

delishcaek

Neo Member
ah, yes, it's the Star Wars Outlaws release that showed them that it needs more time in the oven... not the countless issues (floating doors, doors without stairs, floating objects, combat animations hitting air instead of an opponent etc) we have seen in every gameplay trailer so far.

They're most likely using this as an excuse to sit out the current bad perception, hoping it will be better in half a year.

Fbh

Even less reasons to pick this up when another and most likely superior Japan themed open world game will release next year

The question being - was it delayed due to controversy (I don’t think Ubi cares about what Japanese people think) or because the game is a mess?

I don't see why the controversy would make them delay it. It's not like they'll remove the controversial aspects.
Maybe the underwhelming sales for Outlaws finally made them realize people are no longer ok with their "release now, fix later" approach.

Last edited:
Top Bottom