• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Shadows delayed to February 14, 2025

Bond007

They saw the Ghost for Yutei trailer....

J/K we knew this was coming based on recent cancellations.
They should have done Feudal Japan years ago when we asked for it- now they are dumping this one the same year we get a Ghost sequel.

Ubisoft switched to the whole DEI 'let's appeal to modern audiences' shtick at the worst possible time - just when they needed a hit. They need to start doing the same things they used to do to get the average gamer back on their side.

mhirano

Yasuke after the delay

l1Wb4yO.jpeg

Don't expect the game to be changed much. Why would ubisoft fix anything after that non apology they had posted a couple of months ago? These snowflakes can't handle criticism so the delay is just waiting for the heat to die down.

Da1337Vinci

Feb is packed and there is genre overlap of other games too. I don't get why not March their fiscal year end on March.

Just release mid March and you get two weeks worth of data that should be enough.

Kurotri

Ubisoft is SPOOKED, they had a call with investors and said they are an entertainment-first company and are not interested to push any agenda. They also put AC Shadows day 1 on steam now. I get a feeling this is a make or break game for Ubisoft lol.

Too bad for them then, that they gonna be releasing around Monster Hunter Wilds, Avowed and Kingdom Come 2, morgan-freeman-goodluck.jpg
Damn I wish I knew they had a call today. Anything else of note?

Last edited:

knguyen

Wonder what will happen to those retarded influencers' Disney trips? Will they still go?
Best thing Ubisoft can do moving forward is set up their email filters with anything contents "sweet baby" to go straight to spam folders.

Valonquar

Ubi just needs to scale back to less games at a time, cut like half their staff and fucking reverse course on the whole GaaS model they seem to believe gamers ever wanted in a single player experience.

Do you know how good this game needs to sell to put Ubisoft back on track after 2024 and the additional development time and marketing cost?

AC:Shadows has to make Wukong look like it has Concord numbers by comparison.

Goodluck.jpg

Bojji

WTF Ubisoft. They are probably changing A LOT inside the game after people found their mistakes.

Last edited:

TheSweeper

Actually not unhappy about that. Wouldn't have had the time to play it in November anyways.

I really hope they deliver a good game. I'm currently replaying Odyssey and it's so much fun. Shadows should be a home run based on the setting alone.

Bernardougf

Less than two months really. November 15.

Wild
Yep you are right .... my guess (wish) would be that they saw that the reception and pre orders were atrocious ... plus outlaws failing after they ignored all the backlash... and maybe this time they realized that the backlash for this game is on par with outlaws if not worse and will make changes to broaden the appeal... probably not ... but who knows... anything is possible right now

Jaybe

I joined the conference call, lol.
A few things, but not that interesting.
Asked on expected costs related to the delay, it is expected to be $20million more
Asked about Ghosts of Yotei also 2025 and in Japan, they think two different experiences can exist in the market for high quality games
They will expedite depreciation on Star Wars Outlaws as it has missed expectations
They are undergoing a Executive Review which may see them sell non-core assets
On next year performance, they didn’t say much but did suggest Rainbow 6 would have improvement in revenue, so maybe something new coming there.

Last edited:
I will look it on another perspective: For them to release the game on Steam on Day 1 is a positive improvement.

Really hate EGS exclusivity on PC platform. I understand console exclusivity and for a degree I support it for that console environment. But PC platform should be free on that.

Like I said, positive step in the right direction for Ubisoft.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Holy shit ubisoft

I have Kingdom Come deliverance 2, Civilization VII, Avowed & Monster Hunter wilds in February.

You have no chance

Bernardougf

Yep you are right .... my guess (wish) would be that they saw that the reception and pre orders were atrocious ... plus outlaws failing after they ignored all the backlash... and maybe this time they realized that the backlash for this game is on par with outlaws if not worse and will make changes to broaden the appeal... probably not ... but who knows... anything is possible right now
And this is exactly what happened ... to what extent remains to be see

KaiserBecks

Respect to Ubisoft for addressing those issues, they could’ve just delayed it without saying anything. I hope they’ll put the additional time to good use. Also, I don’t see Kingdom Come releasing in february. Monster Hunter will be Ubisoft’s main problem.

Arachnid

They can take their time if it gives a better product. I really don't want to deal with a release as buggy as Valhalla again.

YuLY

And this is exactly what happened ... to what extent remains to be see
The problem is, they have even worse competition in February, even more games in that style, 3 medieval style game...Monster Hunter Wilds, Avowed, Kingdom Come 2, like...it really is worse.

pudel

Respect to Ubisoft for addressing those issues, they could’ve just delayed it without saying anything. I hope they’ll put the additional time to good use. Also, I don’t see Kingdom Come releasing in february. Monster Hunter will be Ubisoft’s main problem.
Yeah, good point. I wouldnt bother if Avowed and/or KCD2 would delay a bit further....just to make sure they dont get cannibalized in February. That month is a real mess now....holy shit.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Finally, let me address some of the polarized comments around Ubisoft lately. I want to reaffirm that we are an entertainment-first company, creating games for the broadest possible audience, and our goal is not to push any specific agenda.

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

Laptop1991

If it's because of the state of the game that Ubisoft are delaying it, then it's a shame the community had to point these issues out and Ubisoft was going to release it in that state anyway despite the Japanese culture and history issues, this game will never hit the height's no matter when it's released.

Last edited:

MonkD

They decided that the "break in case of emergency"-title should focus on pandering to ensure mass appeal. And now they're getting even closer to the massive shadow that GoT cast, and now that shadow is creeping closer again and with a female protag to boot. This is too much fun

SJRB

Gold Member
First of all, good on them for actually doing something instead of just pushing it out the door which clearly happened with Outlaws.

But a three month delay is not going to make a difference.

My bet is they're doing this just to let the negative sentiment settle down.

Top Bottom