• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

this sucks. I did a companion mission while i wasnt connected to the app through Unity. Now it is acting like I never did it in the app. So, my best assassin is stuck on the mission for 24 hours

now I also cant seem to open chests through Unity that I have unlocked through the app

ssjali

Could anyone tell me where I can find the last glyph in the companion app for Sorbonne #1?

10393894_905294076161136_4567697793052990657_n.jpg

What is the point of having a million NPCs in one area if a guard is going to spot me from 50 yards away while I crouch in said crowd and then have him pull out his musket pistol, shoot through 20 people, and hit me perfectly? Guns in AssCreed are terrible.

ZeroX03

Banned
What is the point of having a million NPCs in one area if a guard is going to spot me from 50 yards away while I crouch in said crowd and then have him pull out his musket pistol, shoot through 20 people, and hit me perfectly? Guns in AssCreed are terrible.

Don't crouch. It makes you more obvious in crowds. Just walk. It's fucking stupid. Stealth in this is bad.

has anyone had a problem with chemical revolution or american prisoner not showing up in game? Ive done all side missions, and those just arent there. I even got the side mission map

Have anyone been able to unlock Altairs outfit through the companion app?

im pretty far into the app and havent seen anything about that. I am wondering if there is just a certain chest that will have it in it. Im really hoping you dont have to do everything in the app to unlock it

Mogwai

im pretty far into the app and havent seen anything about that. I am wondering if there is just a certain chest that will have it in it. Im really hoping you dont have to do everything in the app to unlock it
That's my worry too, that you have to complete it all before it unlocks...

Are there any news on the Initiates? I want to earn some points so I can unlock Connor's outfit.

So what are all the Paris Stories sections? I've unlocked five of them - murder mysteries, paris stories, nostradamus enigmas, social clubs and cafe theatre - that leaves two more. One I think is the helix rifts, but what's the last one?

Kuldar

Great, I have the lost assassin bug with the Companion App. They fixed it but the update is incompatible with my device.. So I'm stuck with an useless app, thx Ubisoft.

SJRB

Gold Member
Arno looks badass with his master outfit. Red scarf around his belt, so cool. And it individually animates, too.

Really glad they [finally] went with full customization, even though some stuff is a bit TOO easy. I'd love to see stores return, it's kinda silly I can buy armor and weaponry from a menu, I want to visit a blacksmith or something. Breaking my immersion, man!

Make a "hidden" upper room in the safehouses you unlock with a special Assassin merchant, or something.

Also, another open world game with the crucial flaw of not keeping stats. I want to know how long I've been playing. How many miles I've ran/climbed, how many people I've killed, etc.

Dead

well not really...yet
Arno looks badass with his master outfit. Red scarf around his belt, so cool. And it individually animates, too.

Really glad they [finally] went with full customization, even though some stuff is a bit TOO easy. I'd love to see stores return, it's kinda silly I can buy armor and weaponry from a menu, I want to visit a blacksmith or something. Breaking my immersion, man!

Make a "hidden" upper room in the safehouses you unlock with a special Assassin merchant, or something.

Also, another open world game with the crucial flaw of not keeping stats. I want to know how long I've been playing. How many miles I've ran/climbed, how many people I've killed, etc.
yeah, another thing AC2 did. Individual stores for the various types of gear and items. I also dislike that you can just straight up buy everything from the menus.

And its weird the game doesnt list time played, all previous AC games did

Cavalier

Banned
Okay I'm losing interest in continuing big time. They have to change up the gameplay sooner or later. Not much strategy involved other than just getting the timing right. I would like to see them do Zelda-style combat but improved. This is just plain boring now. Glad I rented it!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The Companion app is the most pointless stupid waste of time I have ever experienced.

it requires a ridiculous amount of work and time to open those chests.

Once you do open those chests all you get is a measly 250F.

Don't bother. It does nothing to add to the game other than serve as a time waster.

Corgi

Banned
Yeah all these chests and quests are pointless. If I need gold I just leave my game on when I do something else.

I'm only doing the ones that unlock gear.

Did my first co-op mission. Had a decent time although combat is even worse due to latency. And most of the challenge is just running around the environment trying to find the objective. The communication options are pretty lacking too.

Yasae

Banned

I had already been spotted and just tried to run and hide in the crowd. My mistake for thinking that would be a good idea since guards must also have Eagle Vision.
First: enemies are crackshots in this game. The AI does cheat a bit.

Second: I sincetely hope you're not dodging into a crowd in plain sight. Enemies bypass blending if you do it right in front of them; it's not an invincibility maneuver. What the game is trying to do is to get you to break sight and then hide (most of the time).

I didn't expect to say this but I think this is the best AC campaign I've played. What they've done with the interior spaces (i.e. actually make some) makes a HUGE difference in campaign mission design. AC to me used to feel like a giant lego village with nothing actually on the inside of every building. It made it a feel like a giant hollow city. Having such developed interiors does wonders for what the designers can do. Robust stealth missions (with actual stealth controls now, thankyougod), better encounter design, some interesting interior platforming...

...there were some nice pieces in AC2 and Brotherhood but nothing in 3 and 4 was the worst for this since almost the entire game took place outside (and the stealth amounted to atrocious tailing and hiding in bushes gameplay). This is really great.

And the graphics. Goddam.

Shame the performance is trashola.

The one thing I would say is that I don't feel yet like they've done a good job of exploiting the French revolution. The game basically starts with the Bastille front and center, and since then I don't feel like there's been much of a revolution going on. Maybe it becomes a bigger plot issue as time goes on. But so far in sequence 5, aside from some large crowds in some spots, it doesn't feel right.

Good post and I agree with pretty much everything - especially the fact that this is my favorite AC campaign as well. Shame about the buggy-ness of it and all but it sure isn't dampening the great time I'm having so far.

Dahbomb

So...I did all this, opened ports, and enabled DMZ for the static IP I set up on PS4 (and my NAT type even changed from 3 to 2) and...still can't connect in Unity. :(

What now...
Don't know what else to say, maybe restart the game and try to join a Co op game? You can play other games online right?

bargeparty

Am I the only one a bit disappointed with the parkour/traversal? I was excited to hear they added in a free-run button, but was annoyed to find out simpy running will still cause you to latch on and climb things you don't want to. The free-run button should do all of that and running should be running.

An example of my dissappointment in the parkour:

Why doesn't Arno kick off stuff more? Like running towards a wall he should kick off the adjacent wall instead of climbing over straight on. Aiden Pearce was better at parkour in some cases.

Leeness

Don't know what else to say, maybe restart the game and try to join a Co op game? You can play other games online right?

I did, turned the Ps4 off and on, etc. Still won't connect.

I haven't tried playing other games online (only just got PS4 a few weeks ago), but I can go online, send messages, download things, etc.

Beaulieu

i don't understand how the companion app works or wtf im supposed to do. "brotherhood" option is greyed out, I can only look at the map.
found two nomad points in the game, no idea what they did.

connected to initiate, cannot open golden chests.
i guess ill never be able to platinum this...

man i miss the day where a game was only a game and there was none of that stuff...

still love the main game tho.

Beaulieu

Am I the only one a bit disappointed with the parkour/traversal? I was excited to hear they added in a free-run button, but was annoyed to find out simpy running will still cause you to latch on and climb things you don't want to. The free-run button should do all of that and running should be running.

An example of my dissappointment in the parkour:

Why doesn't Arno kick off stuff more? Like running towards a wall he should kick off the adjacent wall instead of climbing over straight on. Aiden Pearce was better at parkour in some cases.

yeah parkour is weird and unresponsive and i never go where I want to go
I think the low framerate is partly responsible for this

yeah parkour is weird and unresponsive and i never go where I want to go
I think the low framerate is partly responsible for this

The windows, man... the open windows have invisible force fields that throw me back whenever I try to gracefully parkour into one. Especially when I'm being chased.

SJRB

Gold Member
The windows, man... the open windows have invisible force fields that throw me back whenever I try to gracefully parkour into one. Especially when I'm being chased.

Are you pressing L2? Entering windows requires a different button press than the basic parkouring.

bryanee

I really wish you could whistle and use enemies as human shields. Why oh why did they take those out? And while combat is a little harder its also more annoying.

Xevren

Think I'm on the last sequence now, overall I'm having a blast with it. Haven't run into many glitches unless I'm doing multiplayer, people keep getting stuck in walls and it's really irritating. Really enjoy the rift portal sequences that show up.

So it turns my phone wont run the app properly. Is this nomad bullshit required for anything of interest?

Nope... it's a complete grind to unlock anything of worth (e.g. a single clothing option) and most of your hard work gets you chests of money that you could have earned with less than 10 minutes of play (while having more fun.)

Carbonox

This Initiates lark is all sorts of bullshit. Doesn't fucking work properly and I'm still level 1 for some reason even though my Uplay account is synced to a whole bunch of AC games (even though it claims I'm not). How the fuck do you make this crap work?

The ONLY thing I want out of Initiates is Connor's outfit cos it's my favourite in the series. I did get Edward's though but you get that from the off.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So, uh, any good Android emulators out there? I don't have a smart device to run the stupid Unity app, and I'm not looking to get one any time soon.

Corgi

Banned
people that beat the game or are near the end,

stealth or health gear?

Really curious if high stealth makes stealth any less shit or just having more health so you can tank your way through the game.

This Initiates lark is all sorts of bullshit. Doesn't fucking work properly and I'm still level 1 for some reason even though my Uplay account is synced to a whole bunch of AC games (even though it claims I'm not). How the fuck do you make this crap work?

The ONLY thing I want out of Initiates is Connor's outfit cos it's my favourite in the series. I did get Edward's though but you get that from the off.

they are working on legacy syncs right now.

Top Bottom