• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

im pretty far into the app and havent seen anything about that. I am wondering if there is just a certain chest that will have it in it. Im really hoping you dont have to do everything in the app to unlock it

It says its in the Pantheon set of quests. Not sure if you have to do all 9 missions to get the last one, or just do the 3 mission area 3 times.

Naite

people that beat the game or are near the end,

stealth or health gear?

Really curious if high stealth makes stealth any less shit or just having more health so you can tank your way through the game.

My gear was aimed more towards items (phantom blades, smoke bombs, potions and lockpicks being my main priority) while health upgrades let you take a couple of shots. Most of the legendary gear cover both anyways. Once you take phantom blade or stealth kill all the rooftop snipers you can just bulldog your way through everything.

Sidzed2

Real talk; this is one of the best Assassin's Creed games in the series. By and large, the main mission design is leaps and bounds better than it has ever been (although there a still a few duds) and even the side content is well-fleshed out and meaningful (barring the awful collectibles gated behind some dumb app I will never play). The addition of stealth mechanics and interiors makes a huge difference.

The story is a tiny bit flat, but the historical backdrop is terrific and the characters are spot on. Arno may be Ezio 2.0, but Ezio was an archetype anyway, so who cares - it works.

The visuals are, on the whole, amazing, and playing offline the performance on PS4 was fine for me. The worst sections appeared in the first couple of sequences, but after that, play seemed relatively smooth throughout.

I also love that they stripped away a lot of the bloat. No more gondolas, ships, horses, wanted posters, Brotherhood mechanics, tower defense, bandit and courtesan guilds, tower defense, bomb-making, or any of that other extraneous crap.

The game is obviously rushed, and could have used a few extra months of polish, but on the whole this is a really solid game and I don't get the hate.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So...I did all this, opened ports, and enabled DMZ for the static IP I set up on PS4 (and my NAT type even changed from 3 to 2) and...still can't connect in Unity. :(

What now...

I have read that it's either/or.

Either you open ports OR enable DMZ. Not both. Apparently they don't play nice together? So I;ve read anyway. Idk... I recommend trying just the DMZ and see where that gets you.

And make sure you do a power cycle after it's set up.

I keep seeing pictures from this room pop up but I've been unable to find it. Anyone know where it is?

ibhkclrlP15aFx.png

Yasae

Banned
Welp, co-op with BrassDragon.

Very fun, but lag affects your button inputs. Yikes! There were also several markers for descents but I could never find the stairs down. That never happens in single-player.

Corgi

Banned
My gear was aimed more towards items (phantom blades, smoke bombs, potions and lockpicks being my main priority) while health upgrades let you take a couple of shots. Most of the legendary gear cover both anyways. Once you take phantom blade or stealth kill all the rooftop snipers you can just bulldog your way through everything.
legendary gear things you buy or unlock?

Are there 'tomb' equivalents in this game with some ultimate set of stuff?

this sync kill trophy is going to be impossible. I have not played one co op game where the rest of the people dont just sprint into everybody and start a huge fight, and I have almost played them all

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
this sync kill trophy is going to be impossible. I have not played one co op game where the rest of the people dont just sprint into everybody and start a huge fight, and I have almost played them all

Huh. I accidentally got a quad sync-kill on my first coop mission.

So is the only way it is possible to purchase all the Skills is to do all the co-op missions? Or are there other ways to earn sync points (aside from the main campaign, obviously)?

Welp, co-op with BrassDragon.

Very fun, but lag affects your button inputs. Yikes! There were also several markers for descents but I could never find the stairs down. That never happens in single-player.

I really like the way the game presented that to me: in the middle of something, an assassin walks up and whispers 'Someone needs your help'. You press a button, a wham, you're in a club member's coop.

Cool stuff.

I think the stair icons in 'Heads Will Roll' are misplaced, the actual descents are further along the corridors.

Skyzard

Banned
I JUST realised you can use the companion app as a quick reference for the map on your lap! Let's see how it holds up tracking the player.

-Not bad!

Everything else about it sucks of course.

Anyway, I'd love a less obtrusive health bar perhaps in the bottom left, near the mini-map in-game. The bright blue default one in the top left is huge and stands out so much against the beautiful game. I can disable it but it's pretty vital.

-Deimos

I really like the way the game presented that to me: in the middle of something, an assassin walks up and whispers 'Someone needs your help'. You press a button, a wham, you're in a club member's coop.

Cool stuff.

I think the stair icons in 'Heads Will Roll' are misplaced, the actual descents are further along the corridors.

That's pretty cool. Does the game do that every time a club member starts a co op mission?

Corgi

Banned
everyone is talking good stuff about the campaign.

I start up the next mission.

'templar ambush'.

hey run 1200m to the mission point and no fast traveling.

Fuck.

edit: wait nvm, was looking at the wrong marker.

Bollocks

ok, how can I use pistols?
It says in the loadout screen hat I have 2 of them but I don't know how to equip them.
All I can do is choose between normal blades or berserk blades?
Do I get it later down the road? I'm in sequence 7 btw

Dominator

It says in the loadout screen hat I have 2 of them but I don't know how to equip them.
I don't get what your issue is. Do you have one equipped? It should be on the bar you switch between blades.

Leeness

I have read that it's either/or.

Either you open ports OR enable DMZ. Not both. Apparently they don't play nice together? So I;ve read anyway. Idk... I recommend trying just the DMZ and see where that gets you.

And make sure you do a power cycle after it's set up.

Hm, okay... I'll try either or. :(

Also, just to make sure, you're the one that added me on PSN, right? Same name, but you never know. :D If so, I'll talk to you on PSN soon (just doing some homework) and see if we/I can get this to work. I want to play co-op :(

Corgi

Banned
there is something real satisfying doing these high profile hidden blade kills.

well done on the animation team for those.

Also long weapon animations are nice too. probably my favorite.

Skux

Have you bought a pistol? They are equipped in the gear selection screen. When you have one you should be able to press Left on the D-pad to equip it.

I JUST realised you can use the companion app as a quick reference for the map on your lap! Let's see how it holds up tracking the player.

-Not bad!

Everything else about it sucks of course.

Anyway, I'd love a less obtrusive health bar perhaps in the bottom left, near the mini-map in-game. The bright blue default one in the top left is huge and stands out so much against the beautiful game. I can disable it but it's pretty vital.

You can also set waypoints by tap and holding.

Dominator

The running hidden blade kills are some of the most satisfying kills on video games. I love the moves Arno does, where he just spins around and slices, or knocks their leg out and goes down for the kill.

So awesome.

looks like u might have to do all nomad missions and get the artifacts locked behind the app to fully 100% sync this game. They are both listed under the progress tracker, which adds up the 100%. Considering the artifacts are hidden behind the final locations in the app, this will take weeks

charsace

Hold LB to bring up the aim mode, aim, and RT to shoot. You can quick fire on an enemy when you are focused on them. Has anyone seen a good sniper in coop yet? I can play a good stealth character and a good tank. Most people are either stealth or something random online. I have only seen one player so far who has been good rifler.

Huh?

Neo Member
I'm really early in the game, but are the side quests also not visible after syncing, or is it just the collectibles? Also, are the bars denoting how much stealth, health, etc. you have just showing your level because of the modifiers, or are there separate stats besides the modifiers?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Did you get the ranged weapon skill from the ranged skill tree?

Corpekata

Banned
Some sidequests only show up when near, like the murder mysteries after the first one. The guy in the cell will give you clues on where they are so you can find them.

Carbonox

I know many people have been calling for AC to be harder combat-wise for so long but fuck me do I miss the killstreaks and brutality of Connor/Edward's fighting styles. Or "auto-win" if you wanna be accurate.

Pulling this off in Black Flag is the most satisfying shit ever:

I do appreciate what they're trying to do though but yeah, I miss the old fighting styles. :(

nick nacc

Banned
coming off of assassins creed 3 and Black Flag, does this combat seem super janky and slow?

Say what you want about assassins 3 but the combat animations were fantastic, possibly even better than 4 since they suffered from less clipping. Black Flags combat was super fun, quick, and satisfying.

I just got past the intro and I know I still have a ton to go, but yeah. Am I alone thinking it is super slow and unsatisfying?

Corgi

Banned
coming off of assassins creed 3 and Black Flag, does this combat seem super janky and slow?

Say what you want about assassins 3 but the combat animations were fantastic, possibly even better than 4 since they suffered from less clipping. Black Flags combat was super fun, quick, and satisfying.

I just got past the intro and I know I still have a ton to go, but yeah. Am I alone thinking it is super slow and unsatisfying?
Somewhat. No more long canned counter kill animations is nice, but the core weapon combos are still pretty sluggish. I don't get why ubisoft can't figure that out yet.

Give them a platinum game and make AC sword combat 1/4 as good and I'll be thrilled.

Namikaze1

Beat it earlier. Arno is a great character but man I want to play as Elise. I would say the story in this is quite good. I like the customization and the murder mysteries. I hated the whole Nostradamus riddle solving bullshit. I dislike the fact that I will have to replay coop missions to get the better gear if you don't get it the first time around. Arno sometimes (in my experience it's 80% of the time) doesn't want to go where you want him to. Going to cover sometimes doesn't respond. Out of all the games I played this year, this one has giving me a ton of headaches. I can't barely play half an hour before my head is pounding. The game needed some more time to be optimized. I enjoyed my experience but I don't see myself returning back to Paris. Overall, I agree with all the 7 scores the media has given it.

i still can't do CO-OP missions on PS4. the timer just keep counting up forever and nothing happens. is this Ubisoft problem or are people playing it?

NAT is type2 and I have DMZ'd the console

Edit: also, is there a way to stop that timer after I initiate it? because it locks out the fast travel feature and I have to reboot the game to get rid of it.

Top Bottom