• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Ayesha: Alchemist of Dusk |OT|

kswiston

The FB Atelier page just posted this:

Though the comments are just... *sigh* from the "dual audio or nothing" crowd. I get people being disappointed but the way some are expressing it is just embarrassing.

Did PEGI seriously give this game a 16 rating because people consume alcohol or tobacco in it?

Coxy

Did PEGI seriously give this game a 16 rating because people consume alcohol or tobacco in it?

From PEGI:
Atelier Ayesha: the Alchemist of Dusk
Tecmo Koei Europe Ltd
The content of this game is suitable for persons aged 16 years and over only.
It contains: Encouragement of the use of alcohol/tobacco

apparantly, still not as ridiculous as Totori getting an 18+ rating in australia for violence

Nice OT .
i'm still not done with totori & meruru so i won't get this one.

No Limited Edition , nor japanese track doesn't excite me either so , well...

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Time and money probably play a larger factor, things which GUST probably doesn't have a lot of. I don't think you'll see in-game costume changes where you previously didn't only due to hardware.
I don't know. Gust has made giant leaps and bounds with the presentation of the Atelier games this gen despite being a small studio. Visible equipment really doesn't seem like an insurmountable leap.

...Though I'm still not sure they'll go that route because it could eat into their DLC costume sales.

OceanBlue

I don't know. Gust has made giant leaps and bounds with the presentation of the Atelier games this gen despite being a small studio. Visible equipment really doesn't seem like an insurmountable leap.

...Though I'm still not sure they'll go that route because it could eat into their DLC costume sales.

I'm not saying they'll never do it. I just don't think that the power of the machine is an important limiting factor in whether they go with visible armor or not.

These days I really hate playing RPGs on big screen. Vita version por favor.

Besides needing more games on my vita, I'm waiting for Totori for this reason. Depending how long the next atelier games come out (if it does) for vita (ie: meruru, ayesha), I may go for the vita port over the ps3

Eusis

Any word on the manual? I'm optimistic after seeing the unboxing for the Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 as that had a decent sized, full color manual and was out just a month ago, but maybe that was a higher priority release?

Any word on the manual? I'm optimistic after seeing the unboxing for the Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 as that had a decent sized, full color manual and was out just a month ago, but maybe that was a higher priority release?

The unboxings of the japan/asia versions on youtube have a nice looking full color manual.

Eusis

The unboxings of the japan/asia versions on youtube have a nice looking full color manual.
That doesn't mean a thing for NA or European release most of the time though, though RE6's shown as a mild example why those two don't reflect each other either.

... Unfortunately, I do expect your answer's the best I'll get right now. :/

Eusis

Slated for Wednesday for me, from Kansas. Ah well, at least they didn't hold it off until tomorrow to ship (and I could be surprised still.)

Makes the manual part kind of moot now though, the main reason I was curious was whether it was worth buying physically or digitally for the $10 credit. After Atlus of all companies dumping it on 3DS, a platform they're not forbidden from including manuals on I'd think, it seems we've entered a free fall where the best we can hope for is that what XSEED did with Ragnarok Odyssey catches on and more and more publishers start including small-but-meaty guides as LE incentives. Whether that catches on or not I'd at least like to get in physical form some of the last games to have decent manuals.

MechaX

I really fear they're sending this one out to die, which would be a shame as it's probably the best game in the franchise in ages. The new alchemy system is engaging, the characters and plot are honestly engaging, it's the prettiest game Gust has ever made by a country mile, and it even manages to rein in the excessive fanservice that plagued the Arland titles. It's the perfect Atelier title for America, and they're doing nothing with it. :\

I won't lie, this actually got me interested in picking this up. And this is coming from someone who never touched any Gust game for that matter (artstyle just was not for me, and I often did not appreciate its thick innuendo-brand of humor).

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So, those who played the Japanese version, any general tips to look out for in this one versus the last trilogy?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Someone please confirm if it still has the vocal songs whenever one of you finishes it. That will help me decide if I should grab a localized version or import for cheap.

Lusankya

From PEGI:
Atelier Ayesha: the Alchemist of Dusk
Tecmo Koei Europe Ltd
The content of this game is suitable for persons aged 16 years and over only.
It contains: Encouragement of the use of alcohol/tobacco

apparantly, still not as ridiculous as Totori getting an 18+ rating in australia for violence

Haha, I love how they don't give a shit about alcohol, tobacco, swear words or sexual themes in Germany. USK 6, bitches!

Too bad we freak out over everything regarding violence in video games.

Parfait

Q: Is the Japanese voice track included?!
A: Unfortunately, no. There will not be Japanese voices included for unknown reasons. (AKA Tecmo-Koei might be cheap butts)

h6MEfXS.jpg

Its hard for me to get excited for Gust games in the first place, but I was actually interested in this one enough to think of picking it up at full price. Now i have to go trawling on youtube to see if the english dub is any good (likely not). Any idea if the voices can be turned off?

Volcynika

And they couldn't get release date delivery with Amazon?

... No, more likely they just didn't tell Amazon they could do it, given copies did ship today.

Amazon changed mine to "Shipping Soon" status yesterday, WHY AMAZON WHY DID YOU NOT SHIP. :(

LuuKyK

The english voices are pretty good so far. Im impressed. Also, like, two minutes in the game and I already recognized one of the guys has the same voice actor as Asbel in Tales of Graces f. lmao I like his voice though, so thats good.

Someone please confirm if it still has the vocal songs whenever one of you finishes it. That will help me decide if I should grab a localized version or import for cheap.

Vocal songs? You mean in the opening? They are in, if thats what you mean.

h6MEfXS.jpg

Its hard for me to get excited for Gust games in the first place, but I was actually interested in this one enough to think of picking it up at full price. Now i have to go trawling on youtube to see if the english dub is any good (likely not). Any idea if the voices can be turned off?

As I said, they are ok so far. And the voices can be turned off yes, if you lower the voices to 0 in the options menu, Im guessing.

Oh snap! Just found out my game shipped yesterday and its gonna be here soon!

Looks like I'll be playing today! Really hoping the English dub is good. Can't wait! It's almost here!

Edit: Luukyk, any guess on who played Ayehsa and Willbell?

Clov

Since Amazon.ca isn't stocking it, I'm waiting for Videogamesplus to get it. Hopefully they'll have it soon.

LuuKyK

Oh snap! Just found out my game shipped yesterday and its gonna be here soon!

Looks like I'll be playing today! Really hoping the English dub is good. Can't wait! It's almost here!

Edit: Luukyk, any guess on who played Ayehsa and Willbell?

Not really. Ayesha is kinda annoying though. x_x

Ah, that's great. Thanks! There should be three of them in the game. Glad to hear it's in.

Unless I'm missing your point, there are more than three vocal songs in this game. I can think of 7 off the top of my head. Might be one more, but I can't remember.

Luukyk said:
Not really. Ayesha is kinda annoying though. x_x

Oh no! That's the last person that should be annoying. She's the one that's gonna be talking most of the time. :(

Anyway, I'm hoping it's not Laura Bailey or Wendy Lee, at least.

LuuKyK

God, they really managed to make this game look prettier than the last ones. The art style is SO good. The music too.

Oh no! That's the last person that should be annoying. She's the one that's gonna be talking most of the time. :(

Yeah, its the typical jrpg cute girl voice, if you know what I mean. Its not terribad, but its not good either. I find myself skipping most of her dialogs after finishing reading it. lol

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Unless I'm missing your point, there are more than three vocal songs in this game. I can think of 7 off the top of my head. Might be one more, but I can't remember.

Sorry, I meant to say that there's at least 3 vocal songs from the videos I watched. I know that the vocal album has around 10 songs.

Sorry, I meant to say that there's at least 3 vocal songs from the videos I watched. I know that the vocal album has around 10 songs.

I see. Gotcha!

Lyuukyk said:
Yeah, its the typical jrpg cute girl voice, if you know what I mean. Its not terribad, but its not good either. I find myself skipping most of her dialogs after finishing reading it. lol

I'm guessing it sounds pretty exaggerated, right? Doesn't sound like someone's natural voice.

LuuKyK

I definitely heard at least two vocal songs already. And I just started. The OST is pretty much intact from the japanese version.

No Japanese vocal track?

4e3wg.gif

Yeah. :/ Sucks. Blame Tecmo Koei for this.

I'm guessing it sounds pretty exaggerated, right? Doesn't sound like someone's natural voice.

Its not exaggerated. It just seems forced and not natural. It really is weird that for now she is the only bad voice in the game. lol

Edit: Oh and btw, I may be wrong, but Regina seems to share the same voice actor as Pascal in Tales of Graces f. wow lol Tales of Graces f 2.

Edit: Oh and btw, I may be wrong, but Regina seems to share the same voice actor as Pascal in Tales of Graces f. wow lol Tales of Graces f 2.

Kate Higgins then. Cool.

She also did Lissa from Fire Emblem Awakening and Tails from Sonic Colors and after.

A.E Suggs

I'm picking this up later today, should be able to actually play it by friday lol.
No Japanese vocal track?

4e3wg.gif

I've seen you post in the last topic about this game. Do you people just show back up just to make witty responses like this? I mean seriously though we don't need the same exact people saying the same exact thing we get it you aren't buying, so can you please use that other thread for complaints please?

cjkeats

I started Meruru the weekend, my first Atelier game. Didn't realize this was so close. I wonder if I should drop it seeing as it's a new arc for this one. Meruru don't seem to be too concerned with the previous games anyways.

I wonder if this will this be hard to find in the near future? Money is pretty tight so I don't know if I can swing buying a game for the backlog. Then again, Meruru is still easily available at my local EB's.

evilalien

I wonder if this will this be hard to find in the near future? Money is pretty tight so I don't know if I can swing buying a game for the backlog. Then again, Meruru is still easily available at my local EB's.

It's a different publisher so I wouldn't judge based on availability of previous games. Hopefully it is still readily available in a few months though because that is when I intend to buy it.

Top Bottom