• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Friends, I went to the Evolve show last night. Chris Hero is in fact, yes, really fat. However, he maybe started hinting at going full-blown heel, which then allows me to rationalize that he's let himself go so bad that he knew he was going heel. And to me, nothing gets more heat in 21st century graps than a fat man who can wrestle.

Totally forgot about Evolve this weekend. They got BERRIED~ by NJPW. How were the shows? I think there is another one tonight.

Idk, everything Ishii does just doesn't look good to me. Same with Honma. I just don't see what people see in them. They're so far below the AJ/Tanahashi/Okada/Nak/Shibata level.

I don't think anyone's claiming they're on the quite same level as the main eventers (even if Ishii is in a great run of form), but I thought it should be pretty easy to see why they're so loved - Ishii's got that fire and never give up attitude and his selling (when it happens) is real good. Hell, he had multiple people in the audience today CRYING because he was getting so beat up. As for Honma, he's the ultimate underdog, never wins, bit of a comedy character, but has fantastic facial expressions and, quite possibly, the best fighting spirit spots in the company. Even better than Shibata's.

Enjoyed reading your thoughts man, not sure how you're going to like some of the real counter-for-counter heavy matches, though. Goto vs Anderson comes to mind.

Slizeezyc

Totally forgot about Evolve this weekend. They got BERRIED~ by NJPW. How were the shows? I think there is another one tonight.

Last night's show had a bunch of very good matches with a good mix of styles, but nothing that just blew me away. And yeah they had a show Friday and one tonight.

I tried to stay up for NJPW after going to the show but that didn't work out so well.

strobogo

Banned
I don't think anyone's claiming they're on the quite same level as the main eventers (even if Ishii is in a great run of form), but I thought it should be pretty easy to see why they're so loved - Ishii's got that fire and never give up attitude and his selling (when it happens) is real good. Hell, he had multiple people in the audience today CRYING because he was getting so beat up. As for Honma, he's the ultimate underdog, never wins, bit of a comedy character, but has fantastic facial expressions and, quite possibly, the best fighting spirit spots in the company. Even better than Shibata's.

Enjoyed reading your thoughts man, not sure how you're going to like some of the real counter-for-counter heavy matches, though. Goto vs Anderson comes to mind.

See I don't see much fire at all in Ishii. He's very stoic. And I don't like Anderson so I don't think I'm going to like any of his matches, even against guys I like. I don't really like Yano at all either, but I understand his role a lot more than the other guys I'm not into.

somedevil

From the Rock. His Mother and Cousin who is in developmental survived a head on car crash with a drunk driver.

10518136_320629478111086_876448815_n.jpg

does anyone watch Championship Wrestling From Hollywood?
Willie Mack
Scorpio Sky aka Harold
Matt Stryker
Matt Hardy, X PAC, Jake the snake Roberts was on there recently. Cool show to watch. Too bad it airs way too late.

E: D Brine was on that show when it was NWA Hollywood. So was Colt Cabana and Shaun Ricker with the legendary Percy Pringle. RIP :(

I don't understand the hatred. Its the friggin ninja turtles.

Joel Schumaker could have directed it and I would get front row seats because...turtles.

I loved TMNT when I was little. I still play Turtles in Time at least once a year too. The current Nick cartoon and IDW comic are both fantastic and I'm a fan of each of them as well. Hell, the current Nick cartoon might be my favorite incarnation of the Turtles ever, but there's just something about this movie that rubs me entirely the wrong way. It's mostly the hideous designs, but a lot of the story choices bother me as well. April being a kid seemed weird at first to me in the Nick cartoon, but now I think it's a great twist on the franchise. April
being the original owner of Splinter and the turtles (who learned ninjutsu from a ninja picture book they found in the sewer post mutation)
in the movie is ridiculous to me.

Part of me is annoyed to see the movie do so well because I don't want any of the movie's stink rubbing off on the comic or cartoon because it's so successful. :/

Willie Mack
Scorpio Sky aka Harold
Matt Stryker
Matt Hardy, X PAC, Jake the snake Roberts was on there recently. Cool show to watch. Too bad it airs way too late.

E: D Brine was on that show when it was NWA Hollywood. So was Colt Cabana and Shaun Ricker with the legendary Percy Pringle. RIP :(

I was surprised that Matt Hardy was in it.

Preacher Cena Monday after Summer Slam "last night I got the crap beat out of me, clearly some of you seemed to enjoy that, some of you don't, those of you that wear the banner Hustle Loyalty Respect you are the ones I'm concerned with. No matter who carries the belt all of you know THE CHAMP IS HERE!" Completely no sells The beating Brock gave him continues the soul sucking status quo

Raw64life

Just finished watching the majority of these. Great stuff. My NJPW experience was limited to Wrestle Kingdom 8 and the ROH/NJPW show I went to in May before this so I got to see a good amount of the mid-card guys. It's refreshing to see mid-card/tag team guys fight main eventers and not have it just be glorified squash matches. If you watched these completely blind to NJPW you'd have trouble figuring out who's where on the pecking order.

Also, I looked up Suzuki and he's fucking 46. Moves pretty damn well for being around for that long and also doing MMA for a decade.

Ithil

It just seems really hard on a dude who has been broken down and fighting retirement for close to 10 years now.

He had a pretty bad tournament last year with crummy matches due to his injury, and was taken out before the end with his rib injury. He probably wanted to make up for that and have some good matches, which he did.

somedevil

Can someone tell me if Naito is a heel or a face because it seems New Japan is not sure either. It just seems after the fans rejected him last year they haven't come up with an idea what to do with him.

edit: Also, hopefully New Japan gives Ishii some time off to put himself back together

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I watched the first episode of Columbo on Netflix today. Shit was dope. All obfuscating stupidity up in this bitch

Columbo is a great detective show. Pales in comparison to the original Kojak though, so if that ever pops up on Shitflix, I highly recommend it. Imagine if Columbo was smarter, more of a badass, Greek, and slick as fuck.

Columbo is a great detective show. Pales in comparison to the original Kojak though, so if that ever pops up on Shitflix, I highly recommend it. Imagine if Columbo was smarter, more of a badass, Greek, and slick as fuck.

Most I know about Kojak is that Telly Savalas is one smooth Lex Luthor looking motherfucker

kojak.jpg

Top Bottom