• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

Mainstream acceptance? Non-existent.

tumblr_m9a15lYCtT1qb9pa3o3_250.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Earthquake vs Owen Hart was supposed to happen and it didn't because Quake got injured. But they advertised it for the next week!

New Generation lied to me!

Alucard

Banned
Well the impact viewership is in:

Ouch, the change of dates did affect them. Now the wait is to see if the people come back now knowing its on Wednesday.

Shit. They'd been hitting over a million steady before the change. Might take a few weeks for fans to adjust. I'm sure there will be people trying to tune in today who forgot about the change.

strobogo

Banned
The Shield special was better than I thought it would be. I was surprised the acknowledged that these guys worked the indy scene.

Why would you ever be surprised about that considering how frequently pictures from ROH/CZW are on WWE.com and how both the Bryan and Punk docs had a lot of ROH/IWA footage?

JavyOO7

So apparently NXT has already aired on the network... is that a change in the schedule or just an one-off thing?

God damn you are right. I'm going to watch that right now! ...

but before that, I want to watch that Ascension promo where they talk about how they are going to deliver total ANNI ... YAH!!! ... LATION!!! to their opponents.

(let them talk some more. They're not that terrible on the mic)

Sokantish

but before that, I want to watch that Ascension promo where they talk about how they are going to deliver total ANNI ... YAH!!! ... LATION!!! to their opponents.

Man, I thought that ANNI ... YAH!!! ... LATION! was so bad...

njean777

old content has its appeal
gQfXDU5.gif

He should do that on raw. I mean why do they make wrestlers only do a certain set of moves after they move up from NXT or the indies. They can do more moves and just leave the finishers the same.

Btw did we get smack down spoilers this week? Would like to know if I should waste my time watching it this weekend.

Alucard

Banned
I find that Smackdown usually has between one and three segments worth watching, so I'll be checking it out.

Sad times about Impact, though. Hope those numbers pick up.

That was just hilarious. I love that they play up YAH. Before they were just tough dudez with a metal entrance. Now they have their own "YES" chant. And Konnor does that weird shoulder shimmy before yelling "AYO VIK. PREEEEEEACH!"

somedevil

He should do that on raw. I mean why do they make wrestlers only do a certain set of moves after they move up from NXT or the indies. They can do more moves and just leave the finishers the same.

Btw did we get smack down spoilers this week? Would like to know if I should waste my time watching it this weekend.

Smackdown Spoilers:

* Randy Orton kicks off SmackDown with a promo talking about Roman Reigns. Orton says Reigns won a battle but not the war. He says tonight's main event against Rob Van Dam is an example of what he will do to other Superstars.

* Seth Rollins vs. Jack Swagger is up next. Rollins hits a Curb Stomp outside of the ring and wins by count out.

* After the match, Bo Dallas comes out and tells Swagger to keep Bo-lieving and don't be a Jack Zero.

* Backstage segment with The Miz asking Kane for another shot against Dolph Ziggler. Kane says it won't happen but puts Miz in a match with Roman Reigns tonight.

* Rusev squashed Sin Cara.

* Backstage segment with Rob Van Dam. Randy Orton attacks him from behind and they brawl to the ring. They continue fighting and both get counted out. Orton continues to viciously attack RVD after the match and hits the draping DDT from the barrier.

* Natalya vs. Paige in a non-title match is next. AJ Lee comes out and takes the Divas Title. Paige grabs the title back but Natalya takes advantage and gets the win with a Sharpshooter.

* Stardust and Goldust defeated Erick Rowan and Luke Harper. After the match, Rowan and Harper beat them up.

* Roman Reigns defeated The Miz with a spear. After the match, Randy Orton came out and had a staredown with Reigns. They brawled to end SmackDown.

There were rumors going around yesterday that Bryan needed Tommy John surgery. Meltzer says today that he's still being evaluated as to what he needs.

To my understanding, Bryan's problem is in his nerves, not in his ligaments, which Tommy John surgery corrects so Tommy John surgery wouldn't have made sense.

jred2k

I read the spoilers earlier this week and they had the match times included. I think there is about 20 total minutes of wrestling and the longest match was something like 6:24. It must be one big Summer Slam recap.

Why would you ever be surprised about that considering how frequently pictures from ROH/CZW are on WWE.com and how both the Bryan and Punk docs had a lot of ROH/IWA footage?

Just thought there was this attitude of these guys didnt exist before the WWE. I guess that was from years ago.

If you could marry one of the Bellas who would it be?

Id take Nikki because I love huge bewbs. I think the chances of it succeeding would be better if it were Brie though.

Top Bottom