• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Danoss

Time to get midonnay a Tomic related tag, EatChildren.

Smuggest image I could find for the cheater. Could always lock the avatar :p

sJYNP.png

Gazunta

Fired up the Xbox for the first time in ages to play some stuff. Played Saints Row 3 for a bit, got bored. Fired up Pinball FX 2, got bored before selecting a table. Played Daytona and nobody else in the world was playing. Played Snoopy Flying Ace and that was OK for a minute or two but nobody wanted to play anything except boring Dogfight. Played Torchlight and got bored because I couldn't remember what I was doing. Was going to fire up Skyrim and figured it would take me half an hour I don't have to get anywhere and then realised I wasn't having any fun playing Xbox.

iOS has really become my be all and end all of gaming. I have a short attention span so I can play five games in 2 minutes and I can sit in my couch to play instead of sitting on the floor near the TV like I'm a kid watching cartoons.

in short: get off my lawn you damn kids

Chips: Red Rooster, KFC or Souvlaki Hut.

Honourable mention to Hungry Jacks for the onion rings.

Burgers? All depends on what you are hankering for at the time.
Hungry Jacks tend to be tasty and you get a good amount of ingredients in there but usually have way too much oil floating around in that wrapper
KFC are bulky are focused on the chicken fillet. Anything else is usually pretty limp. Their Signature Range burgers that had for like 2 weeks were very impressive with great ingredients with a perfect balance, even better than cafe/bistro food in that price bracket.
McDonalds have stepped up their game and the quality of ingredients have improved over the years (even if the nuggets don't taste as good now) and have a nice range of options like the fancy burgers.
Red Rooster is pretty eh

iOS has really become my be all and end all of gaming. I have a short attention span so I can play five games in 2 minutes and I can sit in my couch to play instead of sitting on the floor near the TV like I'm a kid watching cartoons.

in short: get off my lawn you damn kids
Sound like you have smoked too much weed man. You need to like, get back into reality and realise sometimes things take longer to happen than just throwing some 2 minute noodles in the microwave.

Clipper

When I was still getting burgers (before the diet), the only ones I'd bother to get are Portuguese Chicken burgers. That Chilli sauce is just superb. Oporto is what got me into them, but it seems their recipe just isn't as good since they started getting really successful. Still better than anything from the big two, though, and Ogalo and some other stores still make them the way Oporto used to make them.

I'll agree that I do prefer Hungry Jacks to McDonalds in absence of a better alternative, though. That is, unless the McDonalds is in Japan. Japanese McDonalds is something amazing compared to those in other counties I've tried.

I can't figure out how rental agencies come up with rental prices, guessing I assume. Saw a few 4 houses that were okay, saw 2 that were utter dumps, and 2 awesome ones. All within 5mins of each other and all at basically the same price.

And to make matters worse, every agency has a slightly different application form so I can't just fill one out and copy it. I just hope I get the first one I applied for, if not I can see this dragging out something shocking.

Quiet day on AusGAF! Time to shit it up to make the page seem longer.

Today was a good day. Well, aside from when I was doing the laundry and the boy plonked himself in a little basket to watch the machine go around.

20120122_115859y1akq.jpg

I thought it was cute at first until I realised he had stuck a book in there, as if it would turn it into a movie or something for him to watch. Not quite there yet on how television works.

20120122_175119l0bod.jpg

Had Tonkatsu on a bed of steamed carrots, onion, broccoli and (yuck) beans with california rolls and Corona (lemon inc.) to wash it down. Soooo good. Really want to get back to civilisation where I can have this kind of thing all the time.

20120122_1840253rlii.jpg

The night ended with THE BATMAN having his nightly warm milk to ease his poor muscles after a long day pretending to be a millionare. No crime fighting tonight please.

Japanese McDonalds is something amazing compared to those in other counties I've tried.

Would die for a Green Tea Milkshake! Also McDonalds do a great job of diversifying their products targeting each market. Big reason for why the are so successful. Well, that and fat kids.

I can't figure out how rental agencies come up with rental prices, guessing I assume. Saw a few 4 houses that were okay, saw 2 that were utter dumps, and 2 awesome ones. All within 5mins of each other and all at basically the same price.

And to make matters worse, every agency has a slightly different application form so I can't just fill one out and copy it. I just hope I get the first one I applied for, if not I can see this dragging out something shocking.

There is a house 2 down from us that is a 2 story duplex. One side of it is for sale for $600,000 (while a nice one story 3bdr went for $280,000 the other side of us) and the other side is rented out NIGHTLY for $280. A night. It has a balcony that overlooks the court and the train station. Can't even see the beach from up there.

Rental market doesn't make any sense.

There is a house 2 down from us that is a 2 story duplex. One side of it is for sale for $600,000 (while a nice one story 3bdr went for $280,000 the other side of us) and the other side is rented out NIGHTLY for $280. A night. It has a balcony that overlooks the court and the train station. Can't even see the beach from up there.

Rental market doesn't make any sense.

Yeah its crazy. Though the bad thing is, after seeing the 2 awesome houses there's no way in hell I'll be settling for any of the others, hopefully.

midonnay

limited bandwidth + more revenue from multichannels

its not really going to change until we move from Mpeg2 to H264....which could take 10 - 20 years :(

Danoss

Yeah, it is a shame we don't get to see Tomic getting demolished in HD. As far as I know, the cams are HD, but they've chosen to play repeats of crap shows on their HD channel.

I could see this result coming from Federer, not that it wasn't easily predictable. From early in the match Federer had been pushing Tomic's service games, making him battle hard to win them. If that continues, which it has, it's not hard to start taking those breaks.

Just finished Halo:CE Anniversary Edition: AusGAF Community Edition.

I'll post some impressions later tonight or tomorrow; when I last looked there no one after me in the list. If there's still no one by Wednesday morning I'll send it home to Choc instead.

Why free to air don't broadcast sport (especially big sporting events ie. Australian Open) in high def I'll never know.

Yeah, I'm flicking back and forth between the tennis and the big bash semi on fox sports hd, and the tennis looks like complete arse.

Been watching as much of the tennis as possible on fox sports in hd but they don't have the big matches :(

Danoss

C'mon Federer, break him again to really rub salt in Tomic's wound!

Edit: Awww :(

VVV Yep, Federer is very clever and highly skilled. Tomic was really taken to school tonight and I doubt he will be humbled at all by it.

hamchan

I always love watching Federer play. Such beautiful moves. Tomic put up a fight in the first set but has just gotten steamrolled since then.

I just got to the part in Saints Row 3 that goes FANTASTICALLY with this weeks episode of Archer! So good. The story missions in SR3 are brilliant. Spent tons of time on the side mission stuff and now being rewarded with some very fun gameplay.

Wait. The Tomic match is over already?

Corona should be drunk with lime, not lemon. As mentioned to you on Twitter, look for the imported one if you can find it.
I just went with what was free in my fridge. If I wanted to buy a summer beer I would almost always end up going with a cider instead. Only drink Corona, Sol, etc when it is someone else paying. I actually enjoy Coopers Pale Ale in the summer most out of any beer, probably just some kind of psychological call back.

Yeah its crazy. Though the bad thing is, after seeing the 2 awesome houses there's no way in hell I'll be settling for any of the others, hopefully.
Especially if you are locking into a 12 month lease, wish our place was only 6 months.

Just finished Halo:CE Anniversary Edition: AusGAF Community Edition.

I'll post some impressions later tonight or tomorrow; when I last looked there no one after me in the list. If there's still no one by Wednesday morning I'll send it home to Choc instead.
I'll give it a shot, loved the original game but that was a LONG time ago. I have a sneaking suspision that it was because I wanted to find a reason to want an Xbox since I only really liked Reach and though the others were medicore at best.

limited bandwidth + more revenue from multichannels

its not really going to change until we move from Mpeg2 to H264....which could take 10 - 20 years :(

But I really don't want to wait that long.

Tomic has no chance.

And its glorious.

Yeah, it is a shame we don't get to see Tomic getting demolished in HD. As far as I know, the cams are HD, but they've chosen to play repeats of crap shows on their HD channel.

I could see this result coming from Federer, not that it wasn't easily predictable. From early in the match Federer had been pushing Tomic's service games, making him battle hard to win them. If that continues, which it has, it's not hard to start taking those breaks.

Yeah I flicked over to mate and 7two hoping to see a HD coverage and there was garbage on.

god, you know you're fucked when you have to go to the drop shot to win a point off your serve :p

haha yeah.

Yeah, I'm flicking back and forth between the tennis and the big bash semi on fox sports hd, and the tennis looks like complete arse.

Been watching as much of the tennis as possible on fox sports in hd but they don't have the big matches :(

Im just glad I don't have a bigger tv in cases like this. Would look even worse.

Federer won, thank god.

7Mate had a Jurassic Park marathon!

Going to try for a 6month lease. Don't want to be locked in, especially if I have bad neighbors which is my biggest concern.
Our last house, the couple in the unit behind us separated during our time there. They spent most of their time shouting or beating each other. They even accused us of breaking into their POS car to steal collection money for some charity he has for homeless people. Was fucking horrible having to go to work and worry about my partner and son at home and what could happen to them.

By contrast that is the only bad neighbour I have ever had, currently we are in a court full of nice old people or families. Never hear a peep out of anyone after 6pm.

Our last house, the couple in the unit behind us separated during our time there. They spent most of their time shouting or beating each other. They even accused us of breaking into their POS car to steal collection money for some charity he has for homeless people. Was fucking horrible having to go to work and worry about my partner and son at home and what could happen to them.

By contrast that is the only bad neighbour I have ever had, currently we are in a court full of nice old people or families. Never hear a peep out of anyone after 6pm.

I drove past the house I applied for last night and everything seemed quiet. Though I do realise that's not the best gauge, just wishful thinking on my behalf that it will be fine.

get foxtel or move to New Zealand

Neither of those are appealing options.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I installed LastPass earlier today and spent the last few hours changing all known non-ISP passwords to randomly-generated ones. I can't seem to access Entropay, though (one account needs a reactivation code which doesn't seem to be arriving in any of my inboxes, and the other account returns "action not allowed" when logging in), but I'll deal with that tomorrow.

Woot! Another game down! SR3 was fantastic! 23 hours of play, 85% overall completion. Lots of fun.

2012 Completed Games
Assassins Creed Brotherhood (360)
Batman Arkham City (PC)
Saints Row 3 (PC)

I just tried Kookas lemon biscuits. I am disappoint.

Try the cherry ripe ones if you can find them. Delicious.

elektrixx

Banned
I stayed in Sydney with the former Level 3 crew to go to the Insert Coins and Teen Spirit events. I had an awesome time; Sydney is just such a more interesting place than the Central Coast.

Salazar

Drank far, far too much. Head is ringing.

Spend all week recovering from flu, and this is what I do to myself on Sunday night. Fuuuuuuuuck.

Yagharek

I saw newt grinch's speech this morning, and the house power breaker flipped out in disgust. He is the personification of everything that I hate about conservative christians.

Bernbaum

Australian KFC chips > Rest of the world KFC chips. The same cannot be said for their chicken products.

-

Gin is a terrible product for terrible people. Needless to say I drank an entire bottle of Gordon's last night. The first thing I purchased with British pounds since arriving was a bottle of Pimm's (which I have been advised is a summer drink) but I'm yet to try it properly with all the fruit and stuff. I think I'll be happily don the title of a gin drinker.

-

Marmite is the inferior spread.

-

British politeness is tiring.

midonnay

^^^^^^ Oz KFC are huge compared to south east asian KFC

a gem by Gambhir :O

We're beginning to realize that when we go overseas, every country prepares wickets according to their own strengths," Gambhir said. "We need to prepare according to our advantage as well. There should not be a lot of talk when Australia, South Africa and England come home that we should not be preparing turners.

"So once these people come to India, I think that we should not be hesitant in making turners. That's when we will get to know whether they're mentally strong. The kind of chitchat they do when we go overseas and talk about our techniques, that's when they will be tested and see how good they are against spin bowling."

bwahahaha, what have we been playing on the last 20 years then

Top Bottom