• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

giri

Gazunta said:
The only good thing about massive headaches is how fucking awesome you feel once they're gone.

Will I crack Skyrim open this weekend? Probably not. I want to get a week ahead on the comics, and the new book collection needs to be finished by the end of November if I'm going to make it in time for April's Supanova. Damn it all :/
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm i might actually make it to that supanova, haven't been for 2 years now.

I will make sure i don't intro my self and hide like a proper nerdlinger.

Finished Uneven 3: Drake's Regression this afternoon.

So uneven. Some great stuff but God the enemies are cheap in the last
99%
of the game. Shooting is the worst part of the game, made worse by enemies shooting at you whilst you platform. Uncharted 3 is this gen's Jak II.

My ozgameshop SS shipped yesterday so hoping it comes as quickly as my last order from them which was only a week (inFamous 2 if i recall correctly)

Ydahs

Uncharted 3 finally arrived. Still don't understand how my Coldplay albums arrived 5 days earlier, yet shipped at the same time. Ah well.

Will get through Xenoblade and Zelda first before I touch it. Gotta say my hype for it has died down a bit, with all the talk about control issues and unpolished gameplay.

Gazunta

markot said:
tytytytyty!
ty-the-tasmanian-tiger-2-200405100818189.jpg

My brain just can't process 'TY' as 'thank you'

Deeku

Mario's pretty cool! I still can't do the 3D in a 3d space though, gives me a headache even on low. But the 3d effects for the 2d postcards are pretty nice, makes me even more excited for Paper Mario.

And yeah clipper, the manual and packaging is pretty crap. We got jipped too because the UK box is nicer with the hole art!

From the OT:
30colrl.jpg

jambo

I'll PM you when I get home.

Man I love wearing my bright red "This is NeoGAF Dude" shirt in town, everyone reads it. I always get asked about it when I buy lunch too.

No Gaffers have noticed yet though =[

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
Fuck, I had the AusGAF tab and the cricket tab open next to each other and for a moment I thought Australian were 5/5

given that you thought that could happen it shows the complete state of aus cricket right now

jambo

commanderdeek said:
What do you tell them? lol

I normally just say it's a website or a gaming website. The one time I did explain it to someone at work they kinda just did the :\ face so I don't bother any more :lol

Rahk said:
What's your Tribes man name? Mine is Rahk.

Perhaps we should do a list thing.

Rahk
Jintor
Jambo

This has really, really, REALLY been annoying me.

It's jambo, not Jambo.

Lower case j people!

justin.au said:
How is the Tribes beta?

Ridiculously awesome, feels so much like T1 and T2.

Shaneus

3chopl0x said:
I want the DLC now :<

ilyLJ2qrYYl9L.png
10 PRINT "But you can't get that achievement until you have all the achievements."
20 PRINT "But you can't have all the achievements without that achievement!"
30 GOTO 10

Gazunta said:
Wait, I thought we all WANTED the new SSX to get rid of the bro shooter look and go back to the OTT sillyness?
We WANTED Amped 4.

When I read that it used It's Tricky for the theme, I thought "Thank fuck, a game that's gonna be about having stupid fun and not trying hard to be cool". Then I read shortly after that it was a dubstep remix (because, you know, there aren't enough of those around at the moment).

Seriously, Amped 4. Now.

VOOK said:
We did, just without the dubstep.
Yerp.

Choc said:
SSX Tricky had the tricky song to

gamers never happy
No. Just... no.
People with TASTE are never happy. Hence, why I'm going all emo until Toys for Bob make a true sequel to Star Control 2. Without dubstep.

VOOK said:
This is better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-lwdL31rZ8

markot said:
Webster's dictionary describes a Wedding as the process of removing weeds from ones garden...
Fuck you.

roosters93 said:
new league is soooo funny
and community is good too.
I like you.

Jintor

I think like Kritz I'm burning out on Skyrim at around the 60 hour mark. But what a 60 hours! And I still have, like, probably 60% of the map unexplored! Jesus christ.

Yagharek

Choc said:
Good News Everyone!

The library is no where near a sfucking bad as it used to be in Halo

Hopefully they can remake Halo 3 then, and make it half decent.

I never got the hate for the library, it was a fantastic level with some pretty frantic moments. Conversely, I never got the love for halo 3 and the dreadful levels within it that managed to completely ruin the experience.

New monitor is mind blowing. So huge on my desk and looks so boss editing a Word document in Portrait position. Still some fiddling to do with the colours though by the looks of it.

Salazar
Banned
(Today, 01:22 PM)
Reply | Quote
V6kB3.gif

Noooooooooooooooo! I want to stare at your avatar when you post all the time!

evlcookie said:
I guess I'm playing sr3 wrong since the car handling seems fucking shit house. Could be because of the keyboard and not a stick but it's just so stiff.
Bind drift to your right mouse button. All done. Hold down W and just drift into corners. So much fun.

Lafiel said:
Amusingly, right now I'm currently considering moving in with my grandparents in Melbourne on a temporary basis if I manage to get a job here. (currently live in geelong atm).
You live in Geelong too? Man you me and Shaneus should have hooked up and had some beers or at least made a bowling team. You could have been our Donny.

Fredescu said:
Skyrim coming out at a time when I've got no time for videogames and then actually turning out to be really good kinda sucks. I've told myself I'm not going to buy it until I've finished Deus Ex:HR which I pre ordered and haven't even started.
All the better to wait for the GOTY edition with an extra 100 hours content!

legend166 said:
Has anyone noticed that the part of AusGAF that doesn't actually post in AusGAF is mega douchey?
I have quite a few Australians on my ignore list. They don't post in AusGAF thankfully.

commanderdeek said:
Mario's pretty cool! I still can't do the 3D in a 3d space though, gives me a headache even on low. But the 3d effects for the 2d postcards are pretty nice, makes me even more excited for Paper Mario.

And yeah clipper, the manual and packaging is pretty crap. We got jipped too because the UK box is nicer with the hole art!

From the OT:
30colrl.jpg
That is so damn awesome! Looks cool plus uses less plastic so you save 5 dolphins!

markot said:
More like a WEEDING! Am I rite?!
Probably.

Shaneus said:
We WANTED Amped 4.
Seriously, Amped 4. Now.

Fuck you.

I like you.
See THIS is a man with his head screwed on straight. Where the fuck is my Amped 4 Microsoft? Why bring out 3 at the launch of the 360 and then just sit on it? Morons!

Deeku

Aww that sucks, I guess it's from that Penn State thread?

Oh well, at least he can now spend some quality time with his distant relatives!

Top Bottom