• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Deeku

Man what's taking the fedex guy sooo long? I hate waiting for stuff to arrive:/

I need to play a bit of Mario and get it out of my system asap so I can focus on studying!

3chopl0x said:
I want the DLC now :<

ilyLJ2qrYYl9L.png

WTF How? I've played for 40 hours so far and only done about 15% of the game I reckon.

Gaz, Brendan Brewer should have his own twitter account.

I'm pretty sure @brendanbrewer is available. @SevenOutOfTen is already taken by the looks of it.

Gazunta

BanShunsaku said:
Gaz, Brendan Brewer should have his own twitter account.

I'm pretty sure @brendanbrewer is available. @SevenOutOfTen is already taken by the looks of it.
Oh thanks for the idea! Just registered it. No idea what to do with it yet...

Clipper

Today I was both amazed and disheartened by the manuals included with some games that arrived...

Here we see the death of the great Nintendo manual... This is the entirity of the disappointing SM3DL manual (well, it does have a reverse side, but it's just all the legal info):
photo-78.jpg

It does have a software manual as well, but I've always loved my Nintendo manuals and this is definitely the worst I've ever seen.

On the other side of the scale, though, this also arrived:
photo-79.jpg

I totally did not expect a map in the standard edition of the game. Good work Bethesda! If only more games could include special stuff like this. The manual is also 21 pages of full colour, something which is very rare to see these days.

jambo

Clipper said:
Today I was both amazed and disheartened by the manuals included with some games that arrived...

Here we see the death of the great Nintendo manual... This is the entirity of the disappointing SM3DL manual (well, it does have a reverse side, but it's just all the legal info):
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/Dr_Clipper/photo-78.jpg[IMG]
It does have a software manual as well, but I've always loved my Nintendo manuals and this is definitely the worst I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's terrible, they normally make great manuals for Mario games =[

legend166

Fusebox said:
Phew, I haven't posted in there.

But I do smell Penn State whenever I hear people talking about how wonderful Peter Roebuck was.

That's a bit unfair. There's nothing to suggest Roebuck was a pedophile.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Clipper said:
How much longer do you need to wait, mate?

If I had the game today, I could sit and play it all weekend and have a review up Monday/Tuesday before the AU release. Zelda, we (Vooks) will not be able to review in time.

This isn't some 'I deserve the game before everyone else', it's that I want to review the game before our review becomes even more pointless.

It's out here Thursday, unless you know the street date breaks.

In other news Microsoft has started to spam me shit multiple times a day, even after unsubbing. Their Twitter Social Media person hasn't responded to anything in a few days.

http://i.imgur.com/blDpI.png

VOOK said:
In other news Microsoft has started to spam me shit multiple times a day, even after unsubbing. Their Twitter Social Media person hasn't responded to anything in a few days.
That's funny, I don't get any emails from them except when my non-auto-renewing subscription is due.

Echoplx

Sutton Dagger said:
HAHA wow... So what do you think of the game then :)

Is there more stuff for you to do even though you have all of the achievements?

On a scale of 1 to best game ever I'd say it's best game ever.

There's still plenty of sidequests I haven't done, plus exploring dungeons etc.

I already have the most powerful weapon/armor in the game (Legendary Deadric) which I crafted and I have destruction spells at master level.

Mistle

VOOK said:
It's out here Thursday, unless you know the street date breaks.
Apparently Gametraders are selling import copies? I wonder if this'll lead to a situation similar to OoT3D.

I assume nobody has seen an Aus version of SS out in the wild yet? I'm curious as to if it'll have the shiny cover like US or the matte (boring) cover like EU.

3chopl0x said:
On a scale of 1 to best game ever I'd say it's best game ever.

There's still plenty of sidequests I haven't done, plus exploring dungeons etc.

I already have the most powerful weapon/armor in the game (Legendary Deadric) which I crafted and I have destruction spells at master level.

Awesome, I'm just totally enthralled by this game, I never fast travel or anything and I'm taking my time exploring. I've only been to 3 of the major cities and only 4-5 little villages. There is just so much to do. I think I'll be playing Skyrim for literally hundreds of hours, it may well be one of my favourite games ever.

VOOK

Mistle said:
Apparently Gametraders are selling import copies? I wonder if this'll lead to a situation similar to OoT3D.

I assume nobody has seen an Aus version of SS out in the wild yet? I'm curious as to if it'll have the shiny cover like US or the matte (boring) cover like EU.

Stores are selling, just none around here.

Possibly, but stores don't have their OoT or SS stock yet so there's nothing to break yet.

Hopefully we get the shiny version.

Fusebox

Banned
I never fast travel either, awesome stuff always happens on my way back, and sometimes I get lost and find awesome random shit. GOTY!

jambo

Booked some flights to Bali next year.

Straight after Supanova I fly to Darwin, then on to Bali. Back again a week later.

giri

jambo said:
Booked some flights to Bali next year.

Straight after Supanova I fly to Darwin, then on to Bali. Back again a week later.
Darwin is awesome fun. Book a fishing trip, it's AWESOME.

Fredescu

Skyrim coming out at a time when I've got no time for videogames and then actually turning out to be really good kinda sucks. I've told myself I'm not going to buy it until I've finished Deus Ex:HR which I pre ordered and haven't even started.

VOOK

Gazunta said:
Wait, I thought we all WANTED the new SSX to get rid of the bro shooter look and go back to the OTT sillyness?

We did, just without the dubstep.

Choc

Banned
just so you know i have no issue with local shops importing games to beat the local the monopoly of EB

i dont count this as a street date break ;)

Gazunta

The only good thing about massive headaches is how fucking awesome you feel once they're gone.

Will I crack Skyrim open this weekend? Probably not. I want to get a week ahead on the comics, and the new book collection needs to be finished by the end of November if I'm going to make it in time for April's Supanova. Damn it all :/

Choc

Banned
SSX Tricky had the tricky song to

gamers never happy

FWIW, the old SSX of the new SSX was really good

even though it was dudebro

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
That storm looks like it's slowly closing in. It's bound to happen at 5 just as i step out of work to walk home.

Always fucking happens.

Top Bottom