• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Axiom

I am trying to find a crappy place in Melbourne nearish to my planned design college next year.

Not wanting to live with people makes things so hard.

Deeku

Suits aren't that bad in summer, you just need to make sure it's a "summer" suit - lighter fabric, breathable.

You're in aircon most of time anyway!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I work in a warehouse but i can probably still wear thongs cause no one would give a fuck. Unless the OH&S guy turns up, Whoops!

I try not to wear shorts to work since i think i look like an idiot. Do i wear short socks or long socks and just push them down, I'm going the short ones.

My legs are hairy but i doubt they beat jambos. I never understood the idea of waxing a male body, If i had a 6 pack that might change though i guess.

jambo

Our AC got replaced at work earlier this year and it is amazing, so nice and cool in the office at the moment.

The main reason I wore thongs is because the only pair of casual shoes I have atm are some high top chucks and they are way too hot when it's this warm!

Gazunta

Game dev = some gaming-related shirt, jorts, converse sneakers on the days when i feel like wearing shoes

new job = business attire minus a tie

hate you guys

GMG DLC code came through overnight :)

Speaking of which - Choc, how many hours did it take you to beat Saints Row 3?

I ask because I've got some gaming time up my sleeve this weekend and I really want to play Skyrim. But if I can beat Saints Row 3 in a couple of sittings I might do that while its fresh. I'm about 44 hours into Skyrim and I think I'm going to be playing that for a couple of months :)

ClivePwned said:
because Cats in Tuxedo's in cool. This pic is not my cat. My cat looks almost the same, sans one eye.
I offer $300 for your 3 eyed cat dear sir. He will be dressed as a dog of hell gatekeeper and will be taken around town in a wagon asking for donations to keep the devil at bay.

codswallop said:
I wore pants today. The forecast is for 33. I really should have checked the forecast while I was pantsless.
The joys of working in an office. Every day is pants day. Also brand new office with split system. The other admin took the radio over today though so now I am suffering through Top 40 shit instead of Triple J. Poo.

giri said:
Skyward Sword 7.5 Review Reactions

hahaha, some people are just insane.
Nintendo fanboys are much more entertaining than Sony/MS fanboys. Rather than just being moronic it takes on a desperate feeling that is just even more delicious to lap up. It's a fucking review, who gives a shit! Nintendo certainly don't give two fucks about their metacritic scores. Their PR fluff is much more worried about the printing-money facility of the consoles.

legend166 said:
Why am I seemingly the only person who really enjoyed the *midway Uncharted 3 spoilers*
ship graveyard?
That's easily been the most enjoyable part of the game for me. Sure, the enemy encounters are a bit crappy, but practically every single enemy encounter in all three games is crappy. Everything else has been a bit boring for me.
I loved it. Really satisfying to get through the challenging waves of enemies using the wide open environment to your advantage. Plenty of options, last time I went around the right using stealth and got all the way to the turret and just mowed everyone down. Time before that I moved down the middle using the water and dock as cover from the fire.

ClivePwned said:
cool, when does that start? Monday?
Starts on Wednesday by the looks of it.

giri

reptilescorpio said:
Nintendo fanboys are much more entertaining than Sony/MS fanboys. Rather than just being moronic it takes on a desperate feeling that is just even more delicious to lap up. It's a fucking review, who gives a shit! Nintendo certainly don't give two fucks about their metacritic scores. Their PR fluff is much more worried about the printing-money facility of the consoles.
I dunno about that

the 8/10 blow up for Uncharted was really quite entertaining. One of the most entertaining things in gaf history.

Hey, AusGAF, I made an AusGAF Twitter List because why the hell not. If you aren't in the list and want to be, post or PM your Twitter thing.

reptilescorpio said:
The joys of working in an office. Every day is pants day. Also brand new office with split system.
Interestingly (to me and no one else) when I started where I work there was no AC in the office. With proper thermal management it was bearable until it was 3 days in a row over 30c. Then we got AC installed and in the corner where I sit it's always unbearably cold.

Rez said:
Yo Melbourne GAF, looking for an awesome housemate?

so am I
Everyone is looking for housemates when I can't afford it.

Gazunta said:
Game dev = some gaming-related shirt, jorts, converse sneakers on the days when i feel like wearing shoes

hate you guys
Hopefully I live through life wearing the minimum required business attire by doing gamedev but living on the edge in case the company randomly goes under. :(

codswallop said:
Hereafter referred to in AusGAF as "the reptilescorpio button".
Everyone can feel free to thank me, rather than timedog, for the sweeping changes about to come into office on NeoGAF thanks to my continued existence in this most esteemed of positions.

giri said:
Don't wear a full suit, but do still have to be in full formal work attire. Long sleeve business shirts & ties in summer are painful... luckily i don't have to wear the tie during summer these days.

Also, where do i leave feedback that the new excel help search is utterly terrible. It uses bing search and shows results for general websites, not the excel help files. Utterly frustrating, if i wanted to search the web, i'd have used a god damn browser.
I was allowed to ditch the tie and jacket a week into the job which was great. Not like I dress up for anyone anyway. Also lol at the Bing search, burn that shit in a fire.

shanshan310 said:

and
its right as exams finish. Daaaaaamn you.
Why the hell would you be on GAF then! Go out and celebrate! Get drunk and go to the opera!

FallbackPants said:
In gaming, I bought my first Saints Row game last night. And while it's fun, I don't get the fawning over the series that parts of GAF have. The whole time I was playing I was just thinking "man i'm looking forward to GTA V."
GTA4 was great if you didn't want to have fun. SR3 really is fantastic, the PC port has had no issues aside from a few pop ups at the start and fuck me, the new handling for the cars is brilliant. Makes an otherwise tedious task of driving halfway across the map for an assassination a joy when you can Duke enter a random passing sports car, barrel along the streets while taking corners at full speed drifting through like a damn superman. So much fun. Some of the gang attacks can get too consuming though, once you get started you have to take them down quick and get out of there otherwise they will just destroy you once reinforcements keep rolling in.

Shaneus

ClivePwned said:
because Cats in Tuxedo's in cool. This pic is not my cat. My cat looks almost the same, sans one eye.

http://whatthecool.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/cat_tux03-528x703.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
You're Britta.

PS. Totes hanging for some Third action tonight. Even though it seems no company can make a game that utilises my PCs config properly, I still adore that game. 60fps would be nice though :(

PPS. Anyone read [url=http://www.amazon.com/Zero-Day-Novel-Mark-Russinovich/dp/031261246X/]this[/url] before? I'm not much of a book guy, but the idea of a fictional novel by the guy behind Sysinternals intrigues me.

Edit: One more thing... can the people who have started following my Twitter in the last week or two shoot me a PM filling me in on who you are? I have no idea who anyone is and I don't like following people back when I don't know who they is.

Axiom

I'm OhAxi on twitter.

I think my Skyrim coma is wearing off, I willingly take breaks now. I need to figure out if I should be playing Saints Row 3 in those breaks though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I guess I'm playing sr3 wrong since the car handling seems fucking shit house. Could be because of the keyboard and not a stick but it's just so stiff.

Rezbit

I was actually disappointed in the reactions for the Zelda review :(. Very subdued in comparison to the legendary 8.8, and recently the Uncharted 3 8 (which was delicious.) Honestly it always seems like the console that is in last has the worst fanboys - Nintendo last generation, now Sony this generation.

jambo

I have all of tonight and tomorrow for games, not sure if I should grab Skyrim or just play the other 10 games that I started over the past few months...

I've already put 5 hours in to AssCreed 2 so I might push on with that and play some Tribes if I need some FPS.

My Little Pony GAF have definitely found their GOTY.

295-1-1321420051.jpg

MrSerrels

Gazunta said:

hate you guys

The designer for OPS used to come to work in his pajamas.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Rez said:
Yo Melbourne GAF, looking for an awesome housemate?

so am I

Amusingly, right now I'm currently considering moving in with my grandparents in Melbourne on a temporary basis if I manage to get a job here. (currently live in geelong atm).

Your offer is pretty tempting.:p although the idea of moving in with someone you know on the internet is kind of awkward, that said you could probably say the same thing about living with your grandparents to.

giri

Lafiel said:
Amusingly, right now I'm currently considering moving in with my grandparents in Melbourne on a temporary basis if I manage to get a job here. (currently live in geelong atm).

Your offer is pretty tempting.:p although the idea of moving in with someone you know on the internet is kind of awkward, that said you could probably say the same thing about living with your grandparents to.
Is it more odd than finding some place off of realestate.com.au?

probably the same likelihood of getting murdered.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Going by the radar it looks like the storm isn't going to hit for a few hours, If at all. Seems to be crusing between tassie and melb.

Lame.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
markot said:
Dollars to Donuts its imports!

Imports of course, which is amazing because the game actually isn't out in the UK yet either.

Well it's today...

Top Bottom