• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

I'm confused. Is an opinion on the quality of something classed as a spoiler in here? What le fuck?

Spoiler: Bacon tastes great. Blowjobs are nice.

Am I going to get banned for this?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'm confused. Is an opinion on the quality of something classed as a spoiler in here? What le fuck?

Spoiler: Bacon tastes great. Blowjobs are nice.

Am I going to get banned for this?

giving or receiving? Because I can work out alot from that. It goes the same with ME3 thoughts when I already know peoples opinions on genres / the previous games / preferred mechanics

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
giving or receiving? Because I can work out alot from that. It goes the same with ME3 thoughts when I already know peoples opinions on genres / the previous games / preferred mechanics

So so so indescribably dumb

So WinAmp just stopped playing tracks. Just, doesn't progress when you press play. Was working fine 5 minutes ago.

What?

EDIT: Reboot fixed the (unknown) problem. Didn't do shit to my computer aside from close WinAmp and right click -> play on the new Agent Whiskers album. No updates, nothing.

I use WinAmp as I have no need for cataloguing and like the UI and it runs fast for me. I only ever play what is on my desktop or if I have a hankering for a certain album it is meticulously organised in folders for easy browsing.

The New Super Mario, developed by the same studio as the previous Super Mario, is a very good game not only within the Super Mario franchise but the platforming genre as a whole.

OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE

I'm bordering on not using the internet for a month. That's how spoiler free I want to go into this.

I can understand not wanting spoilers, but I just can't understand the opinion thing. Can't you decide for yourself when you play it?

I've read reviews where games get slammed but I still play them because they interest me. If you are letting someone else's opinion of something effect your enjoyment of said thing you are kind of doing it wrong.

HolyCheck

I can understand not wanting spoilers, but I just can't understand the opinion thing. Can't you decide for yourself when you play it?

I've read reviews where games get slammed but I still play them because they interest me. If you are letting someone else's opinion of something effect your enjoyment of said thing you are kind of doing it wrong.

I don't care about the opinions at all, but I can make solid assumptions on the game (ie if it is more heavily weighted towards RPG or FPS, what the story focuses on + other shit) based off of peoples opinions given I know their preferences.

I don't care about the opinions at all, but I can make solid assumptions on the game (ie if it is more heavily weighted towards RPG or FPS, what the story focuses on + other shit) based off of peoples opinions given I know their preferences.

Then it would be better for everyone else if you stayed off the internet in the meanwhile. Expecting spoilers to be covered is reasonable, but it's going to majorly incovenient for everyone else you're going to expect us to be wading through black bars for every little thing.

Ok cool, sorry for misunderstanding. It might be best to avoid the Internet if that's the case.

Rezbit

But why does it matter how heavily weighted toward RPG or FPS it is? Why does that need to be a surprise.

Fucking hell I forgot how frustrating early metal gear missions can be. It seriously feels like its just cut scene, annoying radio talk, play for twenty seconds, load into new area, repeat.

Shaneus

ITS FRIDAY AUSGAF!

Happy Friday all!

I am heading out tonight with some mates that have been in Japan for a month. Going to see a mates band.
Got a pretty full weekend planned on top of that too.

What is everyone else doing?
Inspection next Thursday, so getting a shitload of rest and cleaning my flat and chucking out old shit like there's no tomorrow. Feeling confident about it now, but no idea how long this enthusiasm will last. At least I have a new episode of Archer!

Also, I'm just catching up on this thread, so expect a string of posts (ain't multiquotin') while I reply to age-old news. Apparently Whitney Houston died?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Got home an hour early, vacuumed, dusted, polished and cleaned my room. Cleaned the toilet, ironed all my clothes and put them away, put a load of washing on hung the washing up. Then cleaned the shower.

I should get home an early more often.

Shaneus

She's hot. Hot enough that her feet don't matter. Whether she has them or not is not a deal breaker. Hooves would be fine, too.

Holy shit - she's the girl from Freaks and Geeks? Wow.
Yup. And if you didn't know, was SMOKING hot in that latex number in Scooby Doo 2. AND smoking, smoking hot in Grandma's Boy.

Freaks and Geeks is at the top of my "Awesome shit that's surprisingly awkward at the same time" list. So, so good though.

Deeku

Got home an hour early, vacuumed, dusted, polished and cleaned my room. Cleaned the toilet, ironed all my clothes and put them away, put a load of washing on hung the washing up. Then cleaned the shower.

I should get home an early more often.
:eek:

All that stuff takes me like half a day to do!

Shaneus

I don't even iron all my clothes on the reg! Just iron when I need them.

I need to be more organised. The perpetual clothes basket (and basically, laundry) full of clean clothes pisses me off, but I just can't get myself to do that much ironing. Maybe I just need to setup the iron and ironing board in the loungroom while I watch *insert awesome TV show that I downloaded with my top-shit NAS here*.

Salazar

Australia's wealthiest person wants to shift federal bureaucrats out of Canberra and base them in the bush and the country's north.

Multibillionaire Gina Rinehart also warned that a "hatred" of entrepreneurs risked condemning Australians to "crippling taxes, debts and lower standards of living". In an article for Australian Resources and Investment magazine, to be published on March 1, iron-ore magnate Ms Rinehart laments politicians and the media's failures to offer more support to mining businesses.

"Let's convince our political parties and media that we need to encourage investment, cut government spending, approvals and permits, and lower taxes (except, I'd argue, for alcohol and cigarettes) ... "

China's voracious demand for minerals, especially iron, has greatly enriched Mrs Rinehart, whose estimated wealth is now about $20 billion. However, she warns against complacency, saying Australians are "not the only ones in this world with resources, and I believe the sooner we appreciate this and act accordingly, the better".

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act...ra-rinehart-20120217-1tdcw.html#ixzz1mdRVE3b3

Fuck it. Just buy political parties and media companies.

lmao at the "media's failures to offer more support to mining businesses". TOTAL SUBMISSION OR NOTHING. FAIRFAX MUST BE BROUGHT TO HEEL.

Kritz

Banned
Well I'd have a lot more people put me on ignore if the synopses of LOST was such an ordeal to go through as you're making out.

oipic

You guys keep banging on about The Global Mail like independent news and analysis has never existed before. If you really cared, sites like Crikey and New Matilda have been around for a number of years. Of course you have to pay but Crikey is easily worth the $130 or whatever it is per year.

True, true. I'm a lapsed long-time Crikey subscriber, and later helped New Matilda resurface, so consider me a supporter of all such wonderful outlets (hence the lack of time to absorb this, and them, I guess)...but pumping up the new kid on the block is not done in spite of them.

Some more great local writing is to be found at The Conversation as well, for what it's worth.

Kritz

Banned
In the mood enough to terminate my bot when I wanted to do an unmanned test run, after explicitly asking people not to kill it for fun.

lmao at the "media's failures to offer more support to mining businesses". TOTAL SUBMISSION OR NOTHING. FAIRFAX MUST BE BROUGHT TO HEEL.
China's voracious demand for minerals, especially iron, has greatly enriched Mrs Rinehart, whose estimated wealth is now about $20 billion. However, she warns against complacency, saying Australians are "not the only ones in this world with resources, and I believe the sooner we appreciate this and act accordingly, the better".
Why not share that $20 billion you cunt. smh. I bet she would be crying poor the moment her profits drop off.

Also lols.

Loved this quote from her son too about if he was held ransom for her money.
"What more can I do than communicate to any kidnappers out there - over my dead body and you will be wasting your time anyway. If you think you're going to get anything from my mother, good luck."

If you can't discern the plot of LOST from the plot of a pretentious indie source mod, I'm afraid there's not much that can be done for you.
That reminds me, when the hell is Black Mesa coming out? Did they just stop caring once it became obvious that Valve weren't going to buy them?

Kritz

Banned
That reminds me, when the hell is Black Mesa coming out? Did they just stop caring once it became obvious that Valve weren't going to buy them?

Probably gone silent while they have nothing new to show.

I don't think Valve are going to dip into the Half Life brand until 3 gets announced, so it's probably not even worth Black Mesa's team's time.

Although, lord knows, they have had a lot of time.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, go watch Chronicle. Like, now.

Spoilers: it's really good.

Salazar

Get a mistress.

She is fine, though. The fact that it's actually a fairly demure dress makes it creepier. It's like "uuunngghhh, flesh".

Sweet jesus. he mining company's are already allowed to do pretty much everything they want. The only thing they are challenged on these days is CSG. She just sounds like a selfish child "I want less taxes so I can have more money and less regulation so I can do want I want whenever I want." Fuck off Gina.

You guys keep banging on about The Global Mail like independent news and analysis has never existed before. If you really cared, sites like Crikey and New Matilda have been around for a number of years. Of course you have to pay but Crikey is easily worth the $130 or whatever it is per year.

They're pretty vastly different beasts. New Matilda and Crikey are both essentially commentary and analysis sites, with the occasional bit of investigation. The Global Mail is in depth, long form journalism. The type people seem to be crying out for more of. The type of thing the Bulletin once did

Guys, go watch Chronicle. Like, now.

Spoilers: it's really good.

Rad. Tomorrow sorted

HolyCheck

Anyone keen to help me evolve a few trade only pokemon? and swap some version exclusives?

My pokedex has a few gaps and I would really like to fill them :)

some of them people obviously wont be able to trade as they may have evolved their starters, and others are legendaries so I'm fine with trading them right back (that still marks off on your pokedex if you just have them for a minute right?)

Anyway, heres the full list of what I need to complete my pokedex, if anyone is bored and wants to help with any of them just let me know!

Snivy, Servine, Serperior
Tepig, Pignite, Emboar
Pansage, Simisage
Panpour, Simipour
Gigalith - Have a boldore I can swap, no sentimental attachment so happy for a straight swap with another one if its easiest
Conkeldorr - Have a Gurrdurr I can swap, no sentimental attachment so happy for a straight swap with another one if its easiest
Sawk
Tirtouga/Carracosta
Zorua/Zoroark
Gothita/Gothorita/Gothielle
Escavalier/Accelegor - Have both of their pre-evolutions ready (this is a weird way to evolve pokemon wtf double trade)
tynamo/eelektrik/eelektross
vullaby/mandibuzz
tornadus
reshiram

bolded the ones that would likely be the easiest for anyone! I'm more than happy to trade over exclusives from white too if theyre needed or swap legendaries so we can both tick things off.
pewpew

Choc

Banned
images

Aus got SERVED

Choc

Banned
If India and Sri Lanka keep playing this well

we will miss the finals and don't say whatever no we won't

its happened before, and not to long ago

Top Bottom