• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusPoliGAF |OT| Boats? What Boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartBase

Well the dreaded day is here and I need to find some kind of universally offensive shirt to wear to the polls so I don't get approached by all the party people.

Does anyone know what time the polls open? I want to get there and vote early to avoid the rush!

Typically 8am.

Heading off to vote, also want to get this out of the way early.

Also fun to pointedly ignore the "how to vote" people before their spirits are completely crushed.

Good luck no matter which way you are voting. Hopefully your choice wins locally and mine overall ;)

If the Liberals win, I hope they do a great job and there are really good times for Australia ahead.

Couldn't resist.

"How to vote greens?"
"Sorry, I just can't support Clive Palmer"

It took her a second to recover, but she handled it well

tsumineko

Wow, Sunrise is already talking as if Abbot has won this. They're acting as if everyone is just heading off to the polls to vote Liberal.

Shaneus

Wow, Sunrise is already talking as if Abbot has won this. They're acting as if everyone is just heading off to the polls to vote Liberal.
Oh god, I have to watch this trainwreck.

More than any other, this is the election that's been won by biased media coverage. Shocking and depressing to think about.

PS. I'm gonna try headphones.

PPS. I assume that the best way to make sure I'm putting as few preferences to the Libs as possible is to follow the Labor H2V cards?

tsumineko

Oh god, I have to watch this trainwreck.

More than any other, this is the election that's been won by biased media coverage. Shocking and depressing to think about.

Tell me about it. Modern Australia, ladies and gentlemen.

PPS. I assume that the best way to make sure I'm putting as few preferences to the Libs as possible is to follow the Labor H2V cards?

Yes, just follow the sheet the Labor representative will give you when you head in to vote.

tsumineko

Or the greens! VOTE GREENS

Or that. haha!

I did notice the Greens were putting Liberals last on their how to vote sheet, but Labor was only two steps ahead at number 5. Is that normal? They aren't supporting a whole lot of crazy independents are they?

This is a serious question, I'm honestly confused by that.

wonzo

Banned
Or that. haha!

I did notice the Greens were putting Liberals last on their how to vote sheet, but Labor was only two steps ahead at number 5. Is that normal? They aren't supporting a whole lot of crazy independents are they?

This is a serious question, I'm honestly confused by that.
It varies from seat to seat, for example they have Labor as their second preference in my seat (Grayndler) for the lower house.

Carton

It varies from seat to seat, for example they have Labor as their second preference in my seat (Grayndler) for the lower house.

Hi neighbour!

I put my preferences together independently, and they happen to mirror the Greens. All in all, it seems like too nice of a day for an apocalypse. Anybody spot a horsemen in their electorate?

Jintor

I'm off to exercise my right to democratically vote in someone who will almost certainly lose to LNP jackbutt Paul Fletcher

Damnit. While it's nice to see so many people developing a last minute interest in the Pirate Party, having the amount of traffic KO the website is a pain in the arse.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Voted Labor/Greens !
Despite what will probably happen today I hope my fellow Novocastrians don't break our 112 years of Labor straight for the House of Reps.

DrSlek

I want to ask the liberal how to vote person 2 things.

Who are we in debt to and why is it a bad thing?

I'm curious about their answer....still voting greens/labor though.

r1chard

The people in front and behind me at least two deep were. And the people in the booths next to mine both did. So based on that exhaustive polling, the Labor guy currently holding my seat is gonna be toast.

Had a nice coffee. Came away with some nice cookies.

Completely didn't engage the guy behind me when he said to the Liberal candidate "mate, I hope you fix everything". He works in timber, and the building industry decline has hurt him. So yeah, the fucking expensive and unnecessary tunnel which was the only thing the Liberal candidate has been talking about will really help him!

Replicant

Why are the news making it sound like Liberal already winning? Fuck them. I want to show them how wrong they are. Just like I wanted to show the gaming press back then how wrong they were for supporting MS' grand plan to screw the customers.

tsumineko

Why are the news making it sound like Liberal already winning? Fuck them. I want to show them how wrong they are. Just like I wanted to show the gaming press back then how wrong they were for supporting MS' grand plan to screw the customers.

Tell me about it. I loathe the media.

legend166

Liberals have won guys. This was obvious a month ago.

You all need to calm down and realise that nothing will drastically change because the Libs won't have a majority in the Senate and will have to govern from the centre like pretty much every government we've had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom