• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2017 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westlo

Hope Fed beats Stan....

So Nadal can make this happen again.
mjgrin.png

main-qimg-7082e9cc353cfdc047463734188f6ec6-c

15 soon to be 16 after the French.
hubie.png

24-11, 10-2 in Grand Slams.
picard.png

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Whew, knew that game would be a struggle after the previous one. Glad he ended up holding.

Feels like the match is in a knife edge. Both serves look vulnerable. Feel like Fed is showing a lot of the same signs he has shown in previous years when he has faltered at the business end of the tournament.

Mortemis

Banned
Man that first set was all tension.

Wish I didn't have class tomorrow so I can watch the whole match, but at least Fed takes the first set.

Smellycat

Fed takes the first set!

Glad to see him playing relatively well from the get go.

To be honest, Federer didn't really play all that well in the first. I felt like Wawrinka had the upper hand in the first. Federer did well to keep holding and keep the pressure on Wawrinka.

Federer hasn't been totally relaxed, and I think part of it has to be due to his 1st serve percentage.

Kensuke

Both are not really playing their best. Whoever steps up could run away with it. Imo Wawrinka looked poised to do it, but now he let Federer get a little comfortable by losing the first set.

Kensuke

Honestly if Stan manages to wake up I could still see him win a set or more. Federer feeling super comfy now though.

JBwB

Not sure but I think Stan was crying as he was walking off the court.

I feel bad for him but at the same time I really want Fed to finish this quickly.

Kensuke

You guys looking forward to those 'dream finals'... you do realize it won't be as fun when Serena and Nadal win in straight sets right? :p

JBwB

You guys looking forward to those 'dream finals'... you do realize it won't be as fun when Serena and Nadal win in straight sets right? :p

I wouldn't discount Fed yet lol. A lot has happened since they've last faced each other (where Fed won funnily enough).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom