• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

DrBo42

BAA-Banner-GAF.gif
PG1.gif
PG2.gif
PG3.gif
platformpreorderinfo.gif
PS3exclusives.gif
the_talent.gif

*Still under construction, gathering previews and reviews. Hope this isn't too terrible for you guys.

MMaRsu

Great OP :D.

Been hyped for this game since when it was announced :D. Played the demo over 20/30 times I guess haha.. Day fucking ONE :D.

DrBo42

MGrant said:
that backwards "e" gets on my nerves. fantastic thread, though.
I know man. That's the 1 thing I don't like about the font.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments, it's my first official thread. Hope to get it at least close to content complete tonight. Feel free to PM with any comments or suggestions. Enjoy.

Excellent OP!

Looking back now, I think it was actually a very good idea that this game was delayed. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I haven't been following this game at all and I definitely don't want to start a flamewar, but what is the system to pick this up on? The reviews have caught my attention. I don't even really know anything about batman.

I heard something about challenge rooms?

DrBo42

Y2Kev said:
I haven't been following this game at all and I definitely don't want to start a flamewar, but what is the system to pick this up on? The reviews have caught my attention. I don't even really know anything about batman.

Yeah PS3 has exclusive Joker challenge rooms. This will all be in 1 of the 2 official posts soon.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
This may still be under construction but its definitely one of the coolest OTs I've seen on GAF.

Oh and its day 1 for me. I loved the demo, used papal funds to have Buy.com ship it on release day.

Tek

wow, great OP

sucks I have to fly out on business the day before this game comes out. Its also my son's birthday on the 25th...

So I miss his birthday and a kick ass game while I'm sweating down in Texas in late August...tons of fun...

:-(

Ridley327

Performance-wise, the 360 and PS3 versions are identical, although there is less AA in the PS3 version; it's a really good looking game regardless. The PC version smokes both of them on that and features enhanced physics elements paid for by thanks to nVidia. It's also a Games For Windows Live title, so you'll be able to earn achievements for your GFWL/XBL account. Sadly, it's coming out three weeks after the other versions.

My brother's picking this up on the PS3, but I'll be waiting for the PC version myself. Insane hyperbole from the Game Informer review aside, I'm really stoked for this game to come out.

Ephemeris

Y2Kev said:

I'd say PC >PS3 > 360 where this title is concerned.

But only if your PC could really handle the game. If it falls into the "barely playable" category, move on to the PS3 version for the reasons stated above.

If the Dualshock controller bothers you then 360 it is !

Edit: Beaten!

Ephemeris

truly101 said:
This may still be under construction but its definitely one of the coolest OTs I've seen on GAF.

Oh and its day 1 for me. I loved the demo, used papal funds to have Buy.com ship it on release day.

Why not Newegg? Taxes?

JSnake

Y2Kev said:
I don't even really know anything about batman.

Honestly I'm not so sure if this game will be AS enjoyable to those who don't know much of the Batman lore. Certainly it will still be good even for people who aren't caught up on Batman but I imagine some of the 'magic' would be lost.

Smash88

Banned
Amazing OP. Haven't seen such an eye-grabbing one in a while.

Can't wait for the PC version!
PhysXXXXX Son :lol

DrBo42 - What font is that? Looks really nice.

DrBo42

Smash88 said:
Amazing OP. Haven't seen such an eye-grabbing one in a while.

Can't wait for the PC version!
PhysXXXXX Son :lol

DrBo42 - What font is that? Looks really nice.

It's called DieDieDie. :lol

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Ephemeris said:
Why not Newegg? Taxes?

Honestly I forget that newegg sells games, I usually only go there when I'm looking for computer related things. I actually just picked up an new notebook drive and external hard drive from them last week. Does Newegg take paypal? Some online retailers don't

Ridley327

You should make sure to list the VA cast in one of those posts; I'm still amazed that they got everyone from the cartoon back, outside of John Glover (Riddler) and Melissa Gilbert (Barbara Gordon). From the sound of it in the demo, they definitely brought their A game with them.

Ephemeris

truly101 said:
Honestly I forget that newegg sells games, I usually only go there when I'm looking for computer related things. I actually just picked up an new notebook drive and external hard drive from them last week. Does Newegg take paypal? Some online retailers don't

I would have sworn that they did.

Plus they have it (last time I checked anyways) was around $53; free shipping too.

Want to buy the pc version just because I can run it at a native res for my screen and at 60 (with physx off) just have to wait those few extra weeks :(

Demo was awesome, too awesome in fact as I played it about 8 times.

DrBo42

Gully State said:
Damn I didn't know
scarecrow was in the game until I saw the banner

I was kinda worried about that. But
that picture is from the press release on the "Dem bones" challenge map. So it's not really confirmed he's in the game.

Ridley327 said:
You should make sure to list the VA cast in one of those posts; I'm still amazed that they got everyone from the cartoon back, outside of John Glover (Riddler) and Melissa Gilbert (Barbara Gordon). From the sound of it in the demo, they definitely brought their A game with them.

Most definitely.

vazel

Banned
Ridley327 said:
I can't believe Gordon is the same voice actor. He sounds nothing like he used to.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Ephemeris said:
I would have sworn that they did.

Plus they have it (last time I checked anyways) was around $53; free shipping too.

I got it for $55 free shipping at Buy.com, not much of a difference. I'll need to check out Newegg for my next online gaming purchase.

Smash88

Banned
Diablohead said:
Want to buy the pc version just because I can run it at a native res for my screen and at 60 (with physx off) just have to wait those few extra weeks :(

At least you don't have to wait over 3 months for Red Faction Guerrilla to come out for the PC. Man, now that I think of it September will ruin my wallet.

Oh, and thanks DrBo ;)

Ridley327

sn00zer said:
Its not the same VA

It is the same actor.

I don't think you should list the *entire* VA cast; there's one character that's kind of spoiler-y and is going to be weird to hear talking with Batman, due to their previous on-screen relations in the Diniverse.

I love the cartoons way too much to be healthy. :lol

Haunted

Oh, I like the style of that OP. :lol

The PC version has Physx support, there's a nice comparison video here. I loved the Physx stuff in Mirror's Edge, really added a lot to the atmosphere.

taoofjord

I'm more hyped for this game than I have been for one in a while. The demo was better than I hoped for... only 11 days left :]

Ephemeris

truly101 said:
I got it for $55 free shipping at Buy.com, not much of a difference. I'll need to check out Newegg for my next online gaming purchase.

Well for me, Buy.com and amazon charge me taxes :(

Plus, one time when I ordered the MGS Collection, all they sent me was a cardboard box.
Buy.com redeemed themselves by quickly sending me the game.

In any case, you ordered the game. That's the important part.:lol

Man. I'm so hyped for this.

Haunted said:
Oh, I like the style of that OP. :lol

The PC version has Physx support, there's a nice comparison video here. I loved the Physx stuff in Mirror's Edge, really added a lot to the atmosphere.

The problem is not everyone has an Nvidia card. I wish ATI had some sort of Physx support.

bill0527

Ephemeris said:
Why not Newegg? Taxes?

I would have went with Newegg, but decided to keep my Gamestop pre-order because if you pre-order from them you get a bonus Scarecrow "Dem Bones" Challenge map.

ezekial45

Banned
For the PC folks, i'd recommend you make a section for all the mods.

Speaking of which, here is that Thread from Eidos' forums. One user even made a TDK costume.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=92752

CaptainJack from the Eidos Arkham Asylum forum said:
Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to file sharing but thought I'd give it a crack... I've created a Dark Knight Batsuit for those who are interested. Still working on it but here's what I have so far.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/eh2jhc

dksuit04.jpg

dksuit023.jpg

Minamu

Finally! :D I'll set up a tent in here if that's alright. 11 days left :O I forgot to ask about the CE this Friday >_< Gamestop Sweden said Aug 27th btw. The guy seemed pretty sure about it too because he had his own personal countdown ("it's 13 days left today").

It looks a bit weird with the huge headshots cutoffs on the right side though :(

Top Bottom