• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Jintor

GocuH.png

Vire said:
So you are debunking the rumor then? :p

I honestly will believe it when I see it. Coming from some random forum poster isn't exactly the greatest source.

Heavy grain of salt indeed...

I don't work for IGN so i dunno

still, given the trend of scores so far I wouldn't be surprised

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Buckethead said:
Uncharted 3.

I hate it because it's movie-ness automatically makes it a good video game in the mind of idiots.

Skyrim will never get the props it feels it ever deserves, like Eminem.
Excuse me. Uncharted 2 was a damn great game. It deserved all the praise.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
calder said:
I need to 3 star (er, batarang) the last two combat challenges. :( So close, yet so far, i really struggle on Shock and Awe extreme.. I also really want that plat before next week though so i guess i better get trying again...

We should form a support group... lol

abundant said:
Zelda and Skyrim (as long as it's not buggy) will probably be it's only true competition.

i have a feeling it's gonna be just like 2009, uncharted vs batman. i can see skyrim entering the ring, but i don't think zelda is gonna qualify. not saying that skyrim and zelda are gonna be bad though.

Sober

calder said:
I need to 3 star (er, batarang) the last two combat challenges. :( So close, yet so far, i really struggle on Shock and Awe extreme.. I also really want that plat before next week though so i guess i better get trying again...
For the life of me, I cannot 3-batarang the predator rooms. Combat rooms I can almost do half-awake but I suck as a creepy, violent stalker.

Ashodin

So I just got a chance to preview Arkham City tonight, and I have to say it's amazing. The beginning of the game feels like the opening to a batman movie!

Presco

Just bought a nice and cheap steam code on eBay and registered it. Super pumped for this game. Didn't get around to finishing AA until earlier this year thanks to multiple shitty GFWL save corruptions but it was sooooo worth going back to it in the end. Sucks that it's delayed on PC but 1080p and 60fps will be worth the wait.

Doomrider

Maxrpg said:
So I just got a chance to preview Arkham City tonight, and I have to say it's amazing. The beginning of the game feels like the opening to a batman movie!

Preview the FULL game? As in, you saw the actual beginning of the game? =O SO JEALOUS, man. I can't wait to play it. After seeing certain bits of footage from the pre-order trailer, I think I kinda know what to expect (more or less) and it should be oh so awesome... Then there's Games Master's comments on it. Hnnng.

Curufinwe

neojubei said:
Sucks amazon isn't get any of the DLC incentives. I'd rather order from them than best buy.

It would be nice to get one costume from Amazon, but the $10 credit is better. At least to me.

LProtag

Never played the first one, but the hype is really making me want this... 10 dollar pre-order bonus from Amazon ain't too shabby either.

InsertNameHere said:
Never played the first one, but the hype is really making me want this... 10 dollar pre-order bonus from Amazon ain't too shabby either.
Go buy it right meow.

You can beat it in a week.

JetBlackPanda said:
if I have not played AA and its bundled for free with City at walmart this is great deal right?
See above.

(Good deal but buy now, beat before AC)

MYE

kazuma_pt said:
i have a feeling it's gonna be just like 2009, uncharted vs batman. i can see skyrim entering the ring, but i don't think zelda is gonna qualify. not saying that skyrim and zelda are gonna be bad though.

lol

LProtag

Buckethead said:
Go buy it right meow.

You can beat it in a week.

Immersed in Dark Souls.

Also my friend has a copy and I'll probably borrow it from him. I hear this is all improvements and honestly I'm not even that much of a Batman fan, so I don't need to know all the story going on entirely.

GQman2121

Banned
JetBlackPanda said:
if I have not played AA and its bundled for free with City at walmart this is great deal right?

Kmart has that beat imo. AA is a great game, but it'll be even cheaper within a few weeks than it is now.

InsertNameHere said:
Immersed in Dark Souls.

Also my friend has a copy and I'll probably borrow it from him. I hear this is all improvements and honestly I'm not even that much of a Batman fan, so I don't need to know all the story going on entirely.
Fair enough.
Haven't played either of those games, too hardcore for me.

I wouldn't recommend it so much for the story as much as enjoying the games contextually.

Playing AC before AA by all accounts is akin to playing San Andreas before playing GTA 3.

Or something.

neojubei

Curufinwe said:
It would be nice to get one costume from Amazon, but the $10 credit is better. At least to me.
Yeah but I don't want to wait for the robin DLC unless it comes out the same day as the game which I doubt

Doomrider

cackhyena said:
Will they sell any of the skins day one?

No. All of the skins are either pre-order bonuses, Green Lantern blu-ray extras (Sinestro suit) or CE exclusive (TDKR). You can get all of them on day 1... Provided you buy various copies from different retailers =P

calder

Sober said:
For the life of me, I cannot 3-batarang the predator rooms. Combat rooms I can almost do half-awake but I suck as a creepy, violent stalker.
Oh man if only we could swap living rooms for a half an hour, the predator challenges were not much of a problem for me.

Have you tried watching youtube vids? I only looked at 2 rooms online, one of the last ones went from 'frustrating close' 2 stars to very easy completion once i saw a new way of tackling it. Usually its just one thing that youre missing, either its much easier to do one particular takedown last or theres a clever way to set up the first in such a way that the others are trivial.

Thats it, we're ALL going to platinum/100% this game by Tuesday. No excuses! Go go go!

I wonder if there is at least one un-lockable skin in the actual game or that every single skin dlc. If it's the latter, goddamn.

Miggytronz

upJTboogie said:
I wonder if there is at least one un-lockable skin in the actual game or that every single skin dlc. If it's the latter, goddamn.
GOLD unlocked week 1, few other skins unlock due to BETA unlocks.

grkazan12

Oh man not sure what to do. I think I might cave in and get it for 360 next week, too many games coming out the same week the pc version comes out in November.

Doomrider

upJTboogie said:

There should be a few to unlock, considering one of the reviews supposedly mentioned beating the game gives you a
Long Halloween skin for Catwoman
. That can't be the only one.

MYE said:

haven't seen zelda getting big praise from the press since wind waker tbh. i did say it's not gonna be a bad game and i for one can't fucking wait to play it, but i really think zelda isn't a goty candidate. oh well, enough off-topic :)

Doomrider said:
There should be a few to unlock, considering one of the reviews supposedly mentioned beating the game gives you a
Long Halloween skin for Catwoman
. That can't be the only one.
Sounds good, I hope there is a decent amount.

kazuma_pt said:
haven't seen zelda getting big praise from the press since wind waker tbh. i did say it's not gonna be a bad game and i for one can't fucking wait to play it, but i really think zelda isn't a goty candidate. oh well, enough off-topic :)
When it comes to critics then Zelda's not going to get a lot of GOTY awards, but here it's the most anticipated so it could get Gaf GOTY.

barnone

I'm pretty excited to have won the poem contest! My first community contest win. /salute GAF and a big thanks to IamMikeside for running the contest.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
calder said:
Thats it, we're ALL going to platinum/100% this game by Tuesday. No excuses! Go go go!

I'm putting everything else (as far as gaming) on hold until then... finish my last midterm Tues morning and then it's AA until I get the platinum. Just some combat challenges remain.

Vire

RustyNails said:
10/10 from GI and IGN already makes it the presumptive GOTY for 2011.
It isn't confirmed from IGN... only a rumor.

Let's wait till Friday before we make these claims. :)

JazzmanZ

since everyone is doing poems, I thought I'd do a song.

I can show you a game
Shining, shimmering, splendid
So much DLC you can buy
You last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes
A superhero game thats astonishing
Rumors of 10/10 reviews
Rocksteady must be on a carpet ride

Batman arkham city!
A new fantastic game to view
With villains you know
Like Joker and Hugo
Its the Batman game we've been dreaming

A whole new game
In A dazzling city with lots of view
But when I play here
It's crystal clear
That now I've got a Batman game that rules
Now I'm in a whole game to view

Unbelievable sights
Indescribable feeling
Soaring, tumbling, gliding
Through an endless gotham sky

A whole new city
Don't you dare close your eyes
A hundred thousand things to see
Hold your breath - it gets better
New villains like Penguin and Mr.Freeze
this games come so far
I can't believe how good this games going to be

A whole new game
Every turn a surprise
With new gadgets to pursue
Every riddler trophy is new
I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
Let me share this whole new game with you

A whole new game
That's where Batman will be
A thrilling chase
A wondrous place
For you and me

neojubei

Marty Chinn said:
Is the DLC included with the Collector's Edition going to be available to everyone else or is it only for the Collector's Edition?

Probably will eventually be available the only question is when. I frankly do not see the point of buying the collector's edition. That batman statue really put me off on it and to add insult to injury the soundtrack is just the album that is available now not the full soundtrack available on the 18th and this collector's edition comes with Batman Gotham Knights, not really a good batman animated film.

calder

FUCK YOU SHOCK AND AWE JUST FUCK YOU YOU PIECE OF SHIT WHY ARE YOU SUCH AN ASSHOLE WHY WWHHHHHHYYYY...

*sobs uncontrollably*

Fjordson

neojubei said:
Sucks amazon isn't get any of the DLC incentives. I'd rather order from them than best buy.
Seriously. I love the 99 cent release date shipping and $10 in credit, but a skin would be nice (especially the Frank Miller skin).

calder said:
FUCK YOU SHOCK AND AWE JUST FUCK YOU YOU PIECE OF SHIT WHY ARE YOU SUCH AN ASSHOLE WHY WWHHHHHHYYYY...

*sobs uncontrollably*
Is that the area where Mr Freeze is cooped up?

Gotta learn the counter son... it's invaluable...

Keep your eyes off Batman, looking for people on the attack.

Top Bottom