• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Fjordson said:
Seriously. I love the 99 cent release date shipping and $10 in credit, but a skin would be nice (especially the Frank Miller skin).

You would think a huge store like Amazon would get at least one of the DLC skins. There are a ton of them.

Ephemeris

OdysseusVA said:
Can't wait for AC!

One of the most satisfying accomplishments :p
8sl2G.png
calder said:
Thats it, we're ALL going to platinum/100% this game by Tuesday. No excuses! Go go go!

Do it! Most definitely was satisfying. So nice, I did it twice.

toRcb.jpg

TaPyN.jpg

I started going in on the trifecta, but my backlog objected.

Oh, I am still undecided on which console to get it for :(

Borrowed a friend's 360 vers for the quick run through, but I own AA on PS3 (bought) and PC (steam gift). I'd get AC to keep it together library wise.. but hmm..

jackdoe

A Superman cameo would be a complete waste and feel out of place if it's in the main game. However, DLC for Batman Arkham City, where you play as Batman during any of the world ending Crisis would be awesome. Actually, just make a Final Crisis DLC incorporating investigation (Orion's death), epic boss fights (Granny Goodness GL fight), mind bending hallucinations (the Lump), and a bad ass final confrontation against Darkseid followed by man tears shed by Superman.

People will never stop clamoring for Superdouche.

A friend constantly tells me how it's be "so awesome" if he appeared in TDK Rises.

No dude, just no.

Ephemeris

jackdoe said:
A Superman cameo would be a complete waste and feel out of place if it's in the main game. However, DLC for Batman Arkham City, where you play as Batman during any of the world ending Crisis would be awesome. Actually, just make a Final Crisis DLC incorporating investigation (Orion's death), epic boss fights (Granny Goodness GL fight), mind bending hallucinations (the Lump), and a bad ass final confrontation against Darkseid followed by man tears shed by Superman.

I'd buy at a high price.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
jackdoe said:
That's a whole other game right there

jackdoe

Ephemeris said:
I'd buy at a high price.
Definitely. Hell, I'd also like to see Grant Morrison write it. He's a fan of Arkham Asylum and I'm sure he'd be up to writing for a video game.

neojubei said:
That's a whole other game right there
It could be if they fleshed it out and removed the open world nature of Arkham City. But as it is, it could probably be a two to three hour tale. Of course it will never happen. But I'd love it to happen (and for them to include a dialogue wheel just for the Darkseid encounter so you could choose his final words).

Vire said:
Superman sucks and is a terribly boring character.
Clark Kent was actually an interesting character in Smallville, the tv show. It stinks the show dragged on for too long and turned into a soap opera in its latter years but he was one of the few genuinely interesting Clark Kents.

UrbanRats

I think i'll buy the game now (November, that is).
Than i wont buy any of the DLC, and ultimately wait to buy the Goty edition off of a steam sale.

Jintor said:
Secret Identity Clark is pretty awesome.
That's Superman in a nutshell. He's only cool in one-off, out-of-continuity stories where they can poke and prod at his otherwise intractable and stale character traits.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
TheVampire said:
Does anyone else think that a Superman cameo appearance would be cool?

Yeah, the best dynamic in comics is Bruce Wayne/Clark Kent. When they actually start talking, and talk about what they're doing in the world, it's always interesting. I'm sad they stopped the Superman/Batman series of comics.

jackdoe said:
Definitely. Hell, I'd also like to see Grant Morrison write it. He's a fan of Arkham Asylum and I'm sure he'd be up to writing for a video game.
Morrison is an extremely bright and gifted author, but his Batman stories are about on the complete opposite end of the spectrum as the Arkhamverse stories in my opinion, and I'd rather he stayed far way.

I like to think of the Arkhamverse as somewhere between the DCU and the Nolanverse. Until proven otherwise, I prefer to think that of the Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern types not existing in that world. Keep it a little bit more grounded.

If you want to bring in another writer, call Scott Snyder.

Chindogg

NO.

NO GRANT MORRISON.

WE ARE NOT HAVING KNIGHT AND SQUIRE AND BATMAN ON HEROIN AND THOMAS WAYNE BEING A VILLAIN.

FUCK GRANT MORRISON.

Nix

Banned
Damn, I hope they've got the footsteps right in this. It irks me when the footsteps aren't lined up exactly with the sound or audible enough to hear; Batman needs footsteps, it's what makes him awesome.

Chindogg

LeonSKennedy90 said:
I would pay any amount of money for Knight and Squire to be in a Batman game.

You hear me, Rocksteady?

ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY

Knight and Squire is Grant Morrison's shameless self-projection as Batman. Grant Morrison is the Stephanie Meyer of comics.

Chindogg, go back to the OT section and take your bad opinions with you. This is now the "Lets all talk about how awesome Knight and Squire are" part of the show.

knightandsquire.jpg

Chindogg

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Chindogg, go back to the OT section and take your bad opinions with you. This is now the "Lets all talk about how awesome Knight and Squire are" part of the show.

knightandsquire.jpg

Thank you for presenting a picture to prove how bad this fucking idea is. Thank you for showing everyone how bad your taste in comics is.

jackdoe

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Haha. I'd rather they wouldn't show up if it means we don't end up with another "Tim Drake".

The Nature Roy said:
Meanwhile, Rocksteady's Dax Ginn said Superman isn't well suited to video games.
Definitely. It isn't the fact that he's virtually indestructible (which can be solved very easily, either by a "City Destruction Meter" or "Solar Power Meter") but the fact that his move set would break any game design.

Jintor

I wonder if there has been a superhero game that attempts to grapple with the concept of a secret identity as a gameplay concept yet

Knight is amused by your bad opinions

knight1.jpg

Also, since when do we care what the IGN review is? It can be a 5/10, is that gonna matter to anybody on whether they get the game or not? We all played Arkham Asylum, we've seen the various previews, we know the game is gonna be the shit. What else is there to know?

Ephemeris

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Knight is amused by your bad opinions

knight1.jpg

Also, since when do we care what the IGN review is? It can be a 5/10, is that gonna matter to anybody on whether they get the game or not? We all played Arkham Asylum, we've seen the various previews, we know the game is gonna be the shit. What else is there to know?
I felt the same way back when Asylum came out.

Top Bottom