• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Sn4ke_911 said:
On the negative side, it's been delayed for PC w/no definite date (most claim Nov. 8, Gamestop says Nov. 1, Best Buy just sent out a notice to those who preordered claiming Nov. 15), and Rocksteady has been very vague concerning whether or not the PC version is going to get any DLC (Robin, Batman skins,
Nightwing
, etc.). The community manager said she would look into it last week but has been silent on the matter ever since.

Kud Dukan

The Nature Roy said:
On the negative side, it's been delayed for PC w/no definite date (most claim Nov. 8, Gamestop says Nov. 1, Best Buy just sent out a notice to those who preordered claiming Nov. 15), and Rocksteady has been very vague concerning whether or not the PC version is going to get any DLC (Robin, Batman skins,
Nightwing
, etc.). The community manager said she would look into it last week but has been silent on the matter ever since.

Yeah, at the moment I'm planning on picking up the 360 version next week, and just grabbing the PC version down the line. Did the same thing with Arkham Asylum. Has their been any word on whether AC will show up on Steam?

Bumhead

Banned
The Nature Roy said:
Nightwing

You've got me panicking..

Kud Dukan said:
Yeah, at the moment I'm planning on picking up the 360 version next week, and just grabbing the PC version down the line. Did the same thing with Arkham Asylum. Has their been any word on whether AC will show up on Steam?
It will... Nvidia has a promotion where you got a free Steam code for buying a new GPU (GTX 560 on up.)

GQman2121

Banned
Did I just read that there are
racing
missions in this game? For those that look at what I've blacked out: has this been publicly mentioned yet?

Arkham City will use GFWL, period

I know it sucks and I hate it too as well

There has been little to no communication regarding the PC version of Arkham City, just the same old sugar coating the graphics.

AEREC said:
The fact that it has a code that you can attach it to steam with makes me think it is a steamworks title...but I cant be sure.

It won't be...WB has already come out and said that it would use GFWL..

Gully State said:
It won't be...WB has already come out and said that it would use GFWL..
But it was like pulling teeth to get them to confirm it, even after the box art broke the news.

The lack of communication regarding the PC version has been very frustrating.

GQman2121 said:
Did I just read that there are
racing
missions in this game? For those that look at what I've blacked out: has this been publicly mentioned yet?

From what I understand those were just part of a press event or game convention to show off the size of the city, not something that will actually be in the game.

Takuan

I still haven't played the original, but every one of my friends who has raves about it. I just beat Deus Ex, so I guess I'll move onto Arkham Asylum. Will cop Arkham City @ $10 on dat Steam.

Derrick01

Banned
Solo said:
Can you link me to this info?

He's referring to the codes Nvidia gave out for their GPU sales. Only those codes register with Steam, while the rest of us peasants are left with just GFWL unless it's bought off Steam.

It's too bad too because I wanted to buy this for $29 on green man gaming.

dankir

Takuan said:
I still haven't played the original, but every one of my friends who has raves about it. I just beat Deus Ex, so I guess I'll move onto Arkham Asylum. Will cop Arkham City @ $10 on dat Steam.

Yeah don't miss out Arkham Asylum was amazing. Just very high quality game in general.

2e19lyw.jpg

Got a mildly spoilery question for those that have been playing the game.

Do Robin or Nightwing appear in the campaign at all? No details other than that, just wondering if they do.

GhostBlade

Neo Member
Ephemeris said:
With the Robin and Bats outfits, I figured that should be in there. Thanks for the confirmation though.

No problem, they are actually pretty nice. I am looking forward to seeing how Nightwing turns out in November.

Holy shit. the shops in germany (here^^) are getting the game tomorrow ...even gamestop! AND i read that they are talking about an early release (german forums)....wat...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The perfect Dark said:
Holy shit. the shops in germany (here^^) are getting the game tomorrow ...even gamestop! AND i read that they are talking about an early release (german forums)....wat...

*Plane Taking off into the Sunset.jpg goes here*

U2NUMB

I am only 3 hours into AA.. gonna power through it this weekend as I have AC on pre order. Looking forward to plenty of Batman this next week!

So far I really like AA a ton .. does it ever get super tough to the point of throwing a controller? Just the main game.. not challenges.

Yen

U2NUMB said:
I am only 3 hours into AA.. gonna power through it this weekend as I have AC on pre order. Looking forward to plenty of Batman this next week!

So far I really like AA a ton .. does it ever get super tough to the point of throwing a controller? Just the main game.. not challenges.
Boss fights could do this. I never actually finished the final boss level, due to a combination of it being unenjoyable, frustrating and difficult.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
U2NUMB said:

There is one specific fight that can be a big difficulty spike... near the middle of the game. It's a confined fight with some tough enemies. This is often complained about, but it's not that hard, even on hard (this coming from someone who hasn't completed all the combat challenges yet).

But it definitely is a sudden spike. A couple harder fights at the end of the game too... but again... not that big of a deal.

Okay it's official. German shops are posting on their facebook-site that they will sell the game tomorrow....woah....i preordered at gamestop...shit! I call them tomorrow :D

JohngPR

Yenrot said:
Boss fights could do this. I never actually finished the final boss level, due to a combination of it being unenjoyable, frustrating and difficult.

Once you get the pattern, it's really easy.

Yen

The perfect Dark said:
Okay it's official. German shops are posting on their facebook-site that they will sell the game tomorrow....woah....i preordered at gamestop...shit! I call them tomorrow :D
Not out until the 21st in the UK. :(
Hopefully my Amazon copy arrives a few days before, though I doubt that's likely.

Ragus

Banned
Final Boss is easy. The real problem for me was that one fucking fight before him.

I am talking about the one next to elevator.

But what is funny is the fact, that after that moment I was so pumped that I breezed through the rest of the game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Ragus said:
Final Boss is easy. The real problem for me was that one fucking fight before him.

But what is funny is the fact, that after that moment I was so pumped that I breezed through the rest of the game.

That's the one I was referring to... it gives most everyone fits because it's much harder than anything previous. Definite difficulty spike.

But if you can beat that, you're golden.

Ephemeris

Lonestar said:
*BatPlane Taking off into the clouds.jpg goes here*
Fixed.
batplane.jpg

The perfect Dark said:
BATMAN EARTH ONE SKIN
GERMANY - GAMESTOP

If anyone gets their hand on extras let me know!

Solo

Derrick01 said:
He's referring to the codes Nvidia gave out for their GPU sales. Only those codes register with Steam, while the rest of us peasants are left with just GFWL unless it's bought off Steam.

Thats some bullshit. PS3 version is then.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The perfect Dark said:

Can i get a link please?

Derrick01 said:

Steam version is going to have GFWL on top of Steam DRM. It's not as if Steam version isn't going to be free of the GFWL BS as well..

The perfect Dark said:
Facebook sites from "Primalgames", "Spielegrotte".

Just two examples...

or "verleihshop.de"...

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6259

From that same site:

"GamesMaster’s review (96/100) featured a snippet of info on Catwoman’s attire. Telling readers to “Unlock her Long Halloween costume ASAP” while also complimenting on Catwoman’s original Arkham City outfit.

As well as this NeoGAF user Jintor claims that The Animated Series Catwoman is “in the game” and although not spotted as a skin notes that the 3D model definitely exists in the game."

Gaf>Internet>Gaf

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Mr. Paer said:
From that same site:

"GamesMaster’s review (96/100) featured a snippet of info on Catwoman’s attire. Telling readers to “Unlock her Long Halloween costume ASAP” while also complimenting on Catwoman’s original Arkham City outfit.

As well as this NeoGAF user Jintor claims that The Animated Series Catwoman is “in the game” and although not spotted as a skin notes that the 3D model definitely exists in the game."

Gaf>Internet>Gaf

Yeah i PM'd Luke. This better be true Jintor :p

Derrick01

Banned
Gully State said:
Steam version is going to have GFWL on top of Steam DRM. It's not as if Steam version isn't going to be free of the GFWL BS as well..

Yeah I worded that incorrectly. I meant the non steam versions are left with only GFWL whereas you still get it on Steam but then you have the other benefits like adding to your library and keeping track of game time.

jackdoe

The Nature Roy said:
Nightwing
Isn't that what having something like GFWL is for? To allow them to distribute DLC much more easily through the Marketplace?

So my wife preorderd this for me today at gamestop and found out something nifty. They already have the game in stores, but wont break the street date because they will get a 1000$ fine.......

leadbelly

Banned
The Nature Roy said:
Nightwing

I'm not that bothered about the DLC. I'd take improved graphics over superficial DLC any day.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Ragus said:

Don't be talking shit about me.

FINALBOSS

Banned
xxracerxx said:
Where did you get this information?

Straight from the guy who makes all the deals for K-Mart--he runs his own thread at CheapAssGamer. I buy all my games exclusively at K-Mart these days...and have been for the last year or so. Every single game comes with $20 dollars. Akrham City is coming with $30 which is crazy.

I should say, $30 coupon AND $5 off the purchase of that Lord of the Rings game.

Top Bottom