• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
^^^

Sweet....can I use the $30 coupon for anything at K-Mart? It would make the purchase that much easier for my fiance to stomach with our wedding just weeks away.

GQman2121

Banned
Coop said:
That's tempting, too bad it's at K-Mart
What does that even mean? What's wrong with Kmart? The guys who run their Gamer blog have been doing a bang up job recently and interact directly with their consumers on their blog, Twitter, FB page and CAG. I wish Best Buy made that kind of effort.

For those of you buying the game there for the Robin skin, good luck receving that email in a timely manner.

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
At first I thought Grundy was sitting on Penguin's shoulders...

Thank you for saying out loud it's Grundy. At the first sight I thought it was a really terrible Bane. But it's clearly Grundy.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
What am I getting with my gamestop preorder? I can't remember... $30 back seems like a really good deal to pass on.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Akihabara said:
Thank you for saying out loud it's Grundy. At the first sight I thought it was a really terrible Bane. But it's clearly Grundy.

LOL

Nobody should whine about OFFICIAL pictures or videos in here. I mean look at the OP there is a Batman teaming up with
Bane
pic.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Akihabara said:
Definitely not clearly if you thought it was Bane.

The character model is off for me, but I am sure I won't care while playing.

jackdoe

GQman2121 said:
What does that even mean? What's wrong with Kmart? The guys who run their Gamer blog have been doing a bang up job recently and interact directly with their consumers on their blog, Twitter, FB page and CAG. I wish Best Buy made that kind of effort.

For those of you buying the game there for the Robin skin, good luck receving that email in a timely manner.
K-mart can be extremely hit or miss in terms of game releases depending on the quality of the K-mart that you live near. A lot of them are shit.

leadbelly

Banned
Yoboman said:
Blah no DX10 support?

Might as well get it for PS3

What do you mean?

Running games in DX10 basically gives you performance advantages over DX9. There aren't many features in DX10 you can't do in DX9 though.

DX11 is backwards compatible with DX10, meaning you will still get those performance advantages.

GQman2121

Banned
Bloodrage said:
With all the pre-order DLC bullshit, I think I'll just wait for the inevitable GOTY edition.
And you would be missing out.......

The DLC adds nothing to the core game. I understand that we as gamers are notorious for watching our spending habits and there's nothing better than a good deal. However, you're either interested in the game (or series now) or you're not. If you played the AA, there's no way you can pass on playing AC ASAP.

abundant

Bloodrage said:
With all the pre-order DLC bullshit, I think I'll just wait for the inevitable GOTY edition.
Do you like the Challenge Mode? Do you like extra skins? If not, then don't worry about the preorder DLC.

Great avatar abundant, you a JL fan I take it? :)

On topic, really thinking about double dipping for the Catwoman Steel Case edition of the game, though I *really* want the PC version. But since it's been delayed, and there's no definite release date for it, I don't want to wait. -_-

Not sure what to do. I'm not exactly rolling in cash at the moment.

Is anyone else getting both/having this dilemma? :/

jackdoe

The English Conquistador said:

On topic, really thinking about double dipping for the Catwoman Steel Case edition of the game, though I *really* want the PC version. But since it's been delayed, and there's no definite release date for it, I don't want to wait. -_-

Not sure what to do. I'm not exactly rolling in cash at the moment.
The PC version is around $34 on GMG. I got my copy from there. For that price, I don't mind waiting too much (outside of trying to find time to play it).

abundant

Of course. Question is the man!

Anyways, why would anyone wait until the GOTY version when the game is 40+ hours, has a New Game+ that alters a few things like enemy placements, and has the Challenge Mode as well. This game looks to be up there with Dark Souls and Skyrim in terms of being a huge time sink.

Worth going to a midnight launch to get this?

10179858.jpg

jackdoe said:
The PC version is around $34 on GMG. I got my copy from there. For that price, I don't mind waiting too much (outside of trying to find time to play it).

Ah, I'm from the UK you see.

I found the PC version on Zavvi, for £21.85, which is around the same amount ($34), but that deal seems to be gone. So now it's around a few quid more on Zavvi and £25.99 on Amazon. I don't much care for the pre order stuff, and a couple of pounds isn't going to kill me. It's just the wait. -__-

I *really* want this when it comes out on the 21st, since my patience is not my strongest attribute. And since the PC version date is up in the air, it makes me want it on the console first even more.

abundant said:
Of course. Question is the man!

Aha he is indeed. JL movie NEEDS to happen. After individual movie for all the best characters, like The Question. :)

Salaadin

jackdoe said:
Wow, thanks so much. I need to get in the habit of checking GMG more.

Just got my copy of Game Informer 10/10
HYPE!
I'm curious if anyone knows, but it sounds like AC is alot more open than AA with the possibility of having several quests at once. Do you have to complete side quests and riddler challenges before you finish the main quest or can you continue on afterwards? With all the extra side quests and collectables that will keep us busy for awhile. In AA you could still do Riddler challenges, but there wasn't any side quests to accomplish.

Carbonox

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Worth going to a midnight launch to get this?

10179858.jpg

Why do you need to go to a midnight launch to acquire it? Or is that the only way where you live? I'm glad Amazon UK has it for sale in place of the ordinary edition (can't get the regular edition on Amazon UK now as this replaced it, meaning it's this or the Collector's Edition).

VVIS

Neo Member
U2NUMB said:
I am only 3 hours into AA.. gonna power through it this weekend as I have AC on pre order. Looking forward to plenty of Batman this next week!

So far I really like AA a ton .. does it ever get super tough to the point of throwing a controller? Just the main game.. not challenges.

If you uber your way through it, you could even 100% it in a weekend. That's a lot of gamer hand stink and mountain dew glaze on your chest though.

Make sure to get the triple batarang before the next-to-final boss fight.

augmental

GQman2121 said:

It didn't say anything about being in an email...it said a 'pack'. So the Robin code isn't something you get handed to you when you pick up the game? That is really lame if true.

Cyberia

Sn4ke_911 said:
I want this game to be one of the highest rated games on metacritic. So yes, this is important. (at least for me)

Lulz.

Anyone know where they still taking orders for the steelbook edition (360)?

Sn4ke_911

I might be late to this but, apparently Batman: AC is releasing in Germany tomorrow in certain places?

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6262

comment from the thread

Hi I´m new here and also from Germany!
As far as I heard, one of the wholesalers did by mistake send some copies of the standard-edition out to some retailers. And some of these retailers/webshops did send the game already out today. Good for some of us. My retailer for instance posted the same message on facebook today ("in stock tomorrow") but deleted the post soon after. And it seems WB Games Germany already put an embargo to those retailers!

AEREC

U2NUMB said:
I am only 3 hours into AA.. gonna power through it this weekend as I have AC on pre order. Looking forward to plenty of Batman this next week!

So far I really like AA a ton .. does it ever get super tough to the point of throwing a controller? Just the main game.. not challenges.

Honestly, that was my own gripe about AA, it was never a good challenge...even on hard.

DatBreh

Banned
GQman2121 said:

The problem with K-Mart is that in large areas of the country they are all closed. Adding to that, most of the ones i have seen dont even sell video games.

Sn4ke_911

This is what SarahMay the community manager has to say about the early release in germany.

The game is NOT officially avaliable anywhere until October 18th, I would take these stories with a pinch of salt.

Regardless we are looking into it as if the game does break street date its over a week early which trust me has some very serious implications for them

Sarah Wellock
European Community Manager
Rocksteady Studios (Community Manager)

http://community.batmanarkhamcity.c...aleses-tomorrow-in-german?p=138667#post138667

augmental

So the Robin DLC is a code that Best Buy emails you or it will be on some sort of card that you get with the game when you pick it up?

Vire

Looks like there will be NO DEMO:

sarah may said:
Hi all,

A number of you have been asking about an Batman Arkham City demo so I wanted to get back to you with an update. As you know, we here at Rocksteady have been working like crazy for 2 years to deliver the best Batman experience we possibly can, and get this ready for the October 21st release. Unfortunately this has meant that there has simply not been time for us to create a demo for the game and I have been told there are no plans to release one in the future.

However the good news is that there are only 9 short days until the game hits the shops (6 if you’re in the US) so very soon you’ll be able to play the whole game as it is meant to be played!

I guess they have enough of a established reputation now and they don't need a demo anymore...

Luigi87

I don't mind the lack of demo.
Despite Arkham Asylum being my GotY 2009, I found the demo to be a real poor representation of the overall experience.

beastmode

Tom Penny said:
Anyone ever play the old PC version without a controller. Does it play well? I think I want the PC version this time around.
Didn't play Arkham Asylum with M&KB but Assassin's Creed is much much better with dat mouse camera control.

markot

Banned
Luigi87 said:
I don't mind the lack of demo.
Despite Arkham Asylum being my GotY 2009, I found the demo to be a real poor representation of the overall experience.
?

It showed off what it needed to. The gameplay.

Top Bottom