• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Vire

~Kinggi~ said:
When is the review embargo over?? If there even is one.
I've answered it a couple times so I guess it need to be in the OP:

Friday, October 14th, at 9 a.m. Eastern / 6 a.m. Pacific / 2 p.m. BST

Added.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just got a message from Luke.

He's the site founder of arkhamcity.co.uk

This is what he said:

Are you a member at NeoGAF capable of posting?

If you are, can you warn them about a spoiler circling the web at the moment? It's potentially very big and possibly related to the ending of Batman: Arkham City. They deserve a heads up!

Luke.

So please GAF, BE VERY CAREFUL.

Thank you very much Luke for that information :)

GQman2121

Banned
augmental said:
So the Robin DLC is a code that Best Buy emails you or it will be on some sort of card that you get with the game when you pick it up?

First time BB shopper? They email their exclusive DLC to you now days. If you don't receive the email, you have to call their 1-800 number and place a claim. If you're not a rewards zone member (meaning they can track your purchases ) you're probably screwed.

Sn4ke_911 said:
Just got a message from Luke.

He's the site founder of arkhamcity.co.uk

This is what he said:

Best advice. Avoid comment section on every Batman AC youtube video.

GQman2121 said:
First time BB shopper? They email their exclusive DLC to you now days. If you don't receive the email, you have to call their 1-800 number and place a claim. If you're not a rewards zone member (meaning they can track your purchases ) you're probably screwed.
In Canada, they put it in the box

Vire

Thanks for the heads up Luke, anyone who dares to try and post anything related to end game spoilers before launch will be subsequently smacked upside the head.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Dabanton said:
Looks like it's time for that lockdown. As you just know some joker will find posting this spoiler somewhere 'hilarious'

I have to say i'm fucking scared now.

Ace_235 said:
Are these at gamestop?

Future Shop.

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
Why do you need to go to a midnight launch to acquire it? Or is that the only way where you live? I'm glad Amazon UK has it for sale in place of the ordinary edition (can't get the regular edition on Amazon UK now as this replaced it, meaning it's this or the Collector's Edition).

The poster at Future Shop said that the Steel Book ones are being sold at the Midnight launch, which is why I was debating whether to go or not.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
The poster at Future Shop said that the Steel Book ones are being sold at the Midnight launch, which is why I was debating whether to go or not.
They're giving them out if you pre-order online. I'm sure they'll have some in stores day-and-date

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Sn4ke_911 said:

Oh crap. I'm gonna be very weary now on. Gonna read only GAF for info on this game. Hell, I might stop reading this very thread just for precaution.

Thanks for the heads up, Snake. And thank Luke too!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
StalkerUKCG said:
Shock and AWW GOD DAMN IT CHALLENGE ROOMS!

lol almost every challenge room is kicking my butt, I only have 3-rating in a couple of them. :(

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Evolved1 said:
lol almost every challenge room is kicking my butt, I only have 3-rating in a couple of them. :(

Tell us when you get to rumble in the jungle extreme.

And that spoiler is like...meh, I was more surprised at finding out about Nightwing being a DLC character, and that shits not even a spoiler or related to the story at all.

It's not as big as people are making it out to be, of course something like that happens, it's comic books.

Evolved1

LAUGHTREY said:
Tell us when you get to rumble in the jungle extreme.

Dude I kicked ass in the predator rooms like it was my job... but these challenge rooms... oh man.

I forgot... how do you do the ground takedown? I had a guy down and out but I forgot how to do this. At the end I missed the 3 batrang by 100 points. I wanted to cry. I should've had it!

Vire

Evolved1 said:
Don't button mash. I know it's silly to to say, but only press ONCE for each move you are about to to do. Once I understood this concept, I became much better because instead of the game registering as two punches when I jammed the attack button, you can accurately pinpoint when you need to counter and so on.

Also, another big tip is if you know you have only one guy left - you want to cash in your combo without knocking him out. Use your bat claw to pull him towards you and vault over him, he should stumble to the ground and then you can use your takedown for double the points.

Good luck.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Evolved1 said:
Dude I kicked ass in the predator rooms like it was my job... but these challenge rooms... oh man.

The problem is you don't realize how easy the game is until you need like a 25x combo and 11,000 points just by fighting like 3 dudes.

You can play through campaign and easily beat it just by mashing X and countering every now and then, but challenge maps demand perfection.

Evolved1

Vire said:
Don't button mash. I know it's silly to to say, but only press ONCE for each move you are about to to do. Once I understood this concept, I became much better because instead of the game registering as two punches when I jammed the attack button, you can accurately pinpoint when you need to counter and so on.

Also, another big tip is if you know you have only one guy left but you want to cash in your combo without knocking him out. Use your bat claw to pull him towards you and vault over him, he should stumble to the ground and then you can use your takedown for double the points.

Good luck.

Yeah... back when I was originally playing this, I watched some strategy vids and got a pretty good feel for maxing points combos/techniques. I'm very careful and I use things like the slow motion during takedowns to set up my next move and catch a mini breather. It's just that I always make that one mistake! It's so hard to be perfect round after round.

Tsukumo

StalkerUKCG said:
Shock and AWW GOD DAMN IT CHALLENGE ROOMS!

Try to complete a 9 variation combo. Look up some faq to know what the variations are if you don't know them all. Once you figure out your own way of pulling a 9 variation combo, the map is done.
Forget about the freeflow bonus (it's only 1'000 points): you see someone going for the weapon case, end him. Batarang the teeth of anyone who's wielding a stun baton, cause they will leave it down once they faint on the floor.
It's four sessions, if you manage to pull the 9 variations you'll get 20'000 points, plus a Dark Knight bonus it's 27'000 (500 each round, plus 5000 at the end of the map) and I'm just talking bonus points here. It takes 30'000 for all three medals.
Each time, once there are only three maybe four guys left, launch the batclaw: you'll be able two jump on the first two with a ground takedown, deal with the last the way you like. Ground takedowns net you 100 points each and they multiply for the number of strikes: so even if you don't freeflow an entire round, a 6 strikes ending with a ground takedown will give you 600 points each round.
If the time limit is your biggest problem, go into a powerstrike -> instant takedown frenzy, alternating with batarangs and vault overs.
You can do it. You are the goddamn BatMarv.

Evolved1

Tsukumo said:
Try to complete a 9 variation combo. Look up some faq to know what the variations are if you don't know them all. Once you figure out your own way of pulling a 9 variation combo, the map is done.
Forget about the freeflow bonus (it's only 1'000 points): you see someone going for the weapon case, end him. Batarang the teeth of anyone who's wielding a stun baton, cause they will leave it down once they faint on the floor.
It's four sessions, if you manage to pull the 9 variations you'll get 20'000 points, plus a Dark Knight bonus it's 27'000 (500 each round, plus 5000 at the end of the map) and I'm just talking bonus points here. It takes 30'000 for all three medals.
Each time, once there are only three maybe four guys left, launch the batclaw: you'll be able two jump on the first two with a ground takedown, deal with the last the way you like. Ground takedowns net you 100 points each and they multiply for the number of strikes: so even if you don't freeflow an entire round, a 6 strikes ending with a ground takedown will give you 600 points each round.
If the time limit is your biggest problem, go into a powerstrike -> instant takedown frenzy, alternating with batarangs and vault overs.

This is the greatest pep talk ever... I'm gonna do this shit. :)

Tomorrow. lol.

Got a midterm in the morning. :(

Sober

Shock and Awe is stopping me from getting Gold for the combat challenge rooms ... mostly the timer. I fell asleep doing Rumble extreme because that was pretty easy. You can't really farm points with the timer so I have to get out of the habit and use my takedowns asap.

The extreme predator rooms though ... did not realize how much those gargoyles were so useful at times when they pretty much take them away from you.

Bazhard

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
That's lame. The Steelbook case is only available in UK. How come US doesn't get these anymore?
We do from time to time, same with DVD/Blu-rays but UK always gets the best fucking editions in terms of CE(dvd/BR) and steelbooks (dvd/br/games)

it's BULLSHIT! *cries*, i might order a steelbook later on in the month if they still have it but im still getting the US day 1.

Doomrider

So, I just read in the first review thread that the 360 version has leaked and... It's gonna be hard not watching any gameplay videos.

It's almost here, it's almost here, it's almost here~

I hope I can get the first one for cheap this friday...
I got up to the first scarecrow thingy (sooo goood) and then had to give the game back to gamefly.

It's either that or watch a let's play...

While I won't be day 1 with this, I will keep an eye on it because everyone loves Batman.

or they should...

and they will.

Tsukumo said:

Thats pretty much the tactic iv just started using. Great advice to anyone struggling im just under 30,000 each try now so it wont be long before i work my way past it.

calder

I lost it last night, I had over 20k pts after 3 rounds on shock and aww shit extreme and just had to not choke.

Oh god I choked. :( not only did I get barely 5 k in the last round I didn't come CLOSE to finishing, there were 4 fricking dudes left when time expired, Zsasz sliced me nearly to death and I did such a horrible job I would have needed another minute to clean up. So demoralizing to punk out like that with a performance that would have shamed the Batman. That was some knight and squire level bed shitting.

360 or PS3?
I'm probably in for 360 just because I beat AA that way, but anyone heard performance wise which is better? Or lead platform?

Vire

New screen from Facebook:

294099_274436592588840_140262999339534_876583_97546530_n.jpg

Dude! Batman is choking Sam Fisher to death.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So the mom&pop store that sells video games quietly told me, interested in Batman AC, get it this Saturday =D

Now I have $75 in store credit...What the fuck do I do?

Was hoping for Black Friday and those delicious 50% off deals that will be rampant ;_;

Top Bottom