• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Sn4ke_911 said:
Just got a message from Luke.

He's the site founder of arkhamcity.co.uk
zHBLD.gif

hlhbk

Well with this news about the spoiler making the rounds I am done looking at anything but reviews. I am the biggest batman fan I know and if it gets spoiled for me I will be pissed.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Vire said:
New screen from Facebook:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/294099_274436592588840_140262999339534_876583_97546530_n.jpg[IMG]

Dude! Batman is choking Sam Fisher to death.[/QUOTE]
He is mad in the gameplay direction Conviction took.

the chris

Chesskid1 said:
Wb3Lb.png

had no idea she was DLC/redeem code only. doesn't effect me, but damn.
You still get to play as her without the code, but from what I've heard the code adds more gameplay with her and fleshes out the story a little more. Not essential, but nice to have from what has been said in this thread.

Duffyside

Banned
Ugh, 5 days away and I still don't know where the fuck to buy my copy. This pre-order shit really has hurt the brand, in my opinion. What's the consensus for a US buyer? Where should I buy?

Edit: YAY! My name got capitalized! I feel like a real human being finally!

hlhbk

Einbroch said:
Awesome. Use GameFly and you get fucked on this stuff.

Hate this trend.

When a game is as great as Arkham City appears to be you should be buying the game new to support Rocksteady instead of renting it.

george_us

hlhbk said:
When a game is as great as Arkham City appears to be you should be buying the game new to support Rocksteady instead of renting it.
A) We haven't even played the game yet so we don't even know if it'll be amazing

B) He doesn't have to do a damn thing when deciding to lay down $60 on a game or not.

nib95

Banned
george_us said:
A) We haven't even played the game yet so we don't even know if it'll be amazing

B) He doesn't have to do a damn thing when deciding to lay down $60 on a game or not.

A.) All reviews and impressions so far point to this title being outstanding, and among the best in it's genre.

B.) No he doesn't, but it's a bit of a slap in the face of the devs who put in so much hard work to make such a phenomenal game to then just go and rent it. Certainly not showing a full commitment or appreciation for the devs efforts anyway.

Bazhard

Banned
I like how the suit magically gavebruce 200 pounds of muscle.
Not really a spoiler, in the first like 10 minutes and has nothing to do with the story but i figure i will be safe, still chuckling.

grkazan12

TheVampire said:
Damn it what should I do??

Play it on Xbox or wait for superior PC?
In the same situation as you man, I think I'm leaning towards 360 because of the date and the Kmart deal next week is too good to pass up. I guess I just wanna play it ASAP. Could always get arkham city on steam down the line. I probably will.

hlhbk

nib95 said:
A.) All reviews and impressions so far point to this title being outstanding, and among the best in it's genre.

B.) No he doesn't, but it's a bit of a slap in the face of the devs who put in so much hard work to make such a phenomenal game to then just go and rent it. Certainly not showing a full commitment or appreciation for the devs efforts anyway.

Exactly. Renting instead of buying hurts the chance of another great sequel.

M.W.

Bazhard said:
Skimmed through the intro just into the beginning gameplay and im not sure how i feel about the look of
bruce, is that a spoiler? just in case ill tag it

And about penguins voice.. do.. not... like.

Already b*tching? lol

hlhbk said:

I want to play Arkham City, but I don't want to go another week restricting my eating intake and paying for my other, healthier hobbies.

Also, reviews mean shit to me. I'll only accept certain posters' opinions, but more importantly, my own opinion whether I like the game or not. The main reason I use Gamefly.

tigerin

nib95 said:

So you prefer people to not buy it at all and wait for it to go in the bargain bin? I usually buy it from gamefly if I happen to like the game regardless. So far, this game seems like something I'll play once and never touch again. 60 dollars are alot for a game like that.

comrade

Angelus Errare said:
Guy sucks ass at combat.
Seriously. Starting the game on hard and dying in the first two fights. Also pretty pathetic he couldn't figure out that first puzzle he stumbled upon.

nib95

Banned
tigerin said:
So you prefer people to not buy it at all and wait for it to go in the bargain bin? I usually buy it from gamefly if I happen to like the game regardless. So far, this game seems like something I'll play once and never touch again. 60 dollars are alot for a game like that.

I'd imagine devs still get more from bargain bin or special price sales than rentals, so yea I guess so. If you're only ever going to play it once, fair enough, but by the sounds of things this will be one you'll want to pick up again at some point. You could always trade it in later I suppose. I do appreciate that not everyone can afford to buy new though, so fair enough.

Games are expensive, and $60 isn't exactly pocket change (depending on one's income).

Einbroch

Banned
nib95 said:

A) I pay my $22 a month to play this game as well as many others, so this point is moot. It's a queue slot, something that can easily be changed to another game.

B) How is it a slap in the face? By having this game on my queue, I'm showing GameFly that I want the game. They then go "Wow, a lot of people have this on their queue" and proceed to buy extra copies to rent out.

I'm here to play a game and have fun, not to support a developer. This is a single-player game with presumably not much replay value. I would never shell out $60 for it, but I would let it take up a queue slot. I'm indirectly supporting the developer anyway.

Besides, are you REALLY that concerned that this game won't sell enough to get a sequel? This isn't some indie game.

Jintor

Einbroch said:
I'm here to play a game and have fun, not to support a developer. This is a single-player game with presumably not much replay value. I would never shell out $60 for it, but I would let it take up a queue slot. I'm indirectly supporting the developer anyway.

Heh.

Oh yeah, this also fucks over anyone who buys this game used and do not have their Xbox/PS3 connected to the internet. Oh well, they don't deserve to play that content anyway for being peons.

Top Bottom