• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Marco1 said:
The GFWL and delay made me preorder for xbox360.
To many awesome games out at the same time as PC arkham city.
Their dastardly plan is working. Hopefully it doesn't work so well that we don't even get a PC version next time around...

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The Nature Roy said:
Their dastardly plan is working. Hopefully it doesn't work so well that we don't even get a PC version next time around...
Eh, I hope they don't make a 3rd one, where can they go from here? It'd probably suffer from More-Of-the-same-itis

Lothars

I think the only way I will get this at launch is if I can get a copy from Walmart which includes Arkham Asylum GOTY edition, I am just not that excited for Arkham City.

Easy_D said:
Eh, I hope they don't make a 3rd one, where can they go from here? It'd probably suffer from More-Of-the-same-itis
They've been producing Batman comics for 70 years with no end in sight. I'm sure there are still some ideas left unused in the gaming realm.

They won't ever stop making Batman comics, movies, cartoons, or games. Might as well make them good ones...

Tsukumo said:
I really wish in New Game+ the amount of thugs in that sequence will double. At least.
To tell you the truth, I wish for all of them to stay. New Game+ shall be endless...

Weird, I actually don't remember anyone leaving on my Normal fight. There can be tons of enemies at times that seem endless; to the point that my hand would cramp from countering and combo-ing.

Spoilers

Almost in the end of the game,
Hugo says that protocol 10 will be used also in metropolis and other city too.... Superman???

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Lifejumper said:
Is it true that the combo throw has been removed?
I don't know if you can throw thugs anymore but it looks like there are now objects that you can throw and it adds to your combo. I've only really seen challenge room footage though since I'm trying to go in super fresh.

Median

hamchan said:
Oooh, I think I found Nolan North voicing one of the random cops in the Museum.

I've been going nuts because I swear to God, Nolan North voices every second thug or inmate I run into. Either that or I'm just assuming everyone is voiced by Nolan North.

RoboPlato said:
I don't know if you can throw thugs anymore but it looks like there are now objects that you can throw and it adds to your combo. I've only really seen challenge room footage though since I'm trying to go in super fresh.

I'm a few hours in and so far no combo throw. Instant takedown is still in, along with another move that's mapped to A+B (on 360). Not sure if you get it later on as nothing's been mapped to A+X yet.

masterkajo

gdt5016 said:
Yeah, I don't know if I can hold out till my PC version comes out.
Much cheaper. Overall better version. Should be easy... than why am I tempted to go buy the console version? AGHHH!

Wll... not... cave... will wait... sooo hard. But I can... I will.

PC delay made me bottle and pre-order the 360 version at the last minute. On the plus-side, I picked up the Amazon one because it comes in a nice steel case. The PC version will cost peanuts after a while, so I'll pick it up at some point in the future like I did with AA.

It's going to be a long week, although the fact that I have three essays due next week probably means I should get them done prior to Friday

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
For the "ahhh, I thought the Story Campaign was supposed to be 20+ Hours" crowd:

http://segmentnext.com/2011/05/20/batman-arkham-city-story-mode-detailed/

Back on May 20th:

Batman: Arkham City’s story mode was designed to be story driven while remaining open world as we felt there was a really interesting space in between the two types of play. There is a main storyline which will take around 12-15 hours to complete, but this is less than half of the game.

Anyways:

14 hours!
kermit-frog.gif

cackhyena

masterkajo said:
Much cheaper. Overall better version. Should be easy... than why am I tempted to go buy the console version? AGHHH!

Wll... not... cave... will wait... sooo hard. But I can... I will.
You'll cave.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Good luck avoiding spoilers for a month PCBatGAF. I was going to get the PC version but after the delay i said fuck that.

Sn4ke_911 said:
Good luck avoiding spoilers for a month PCBatGAF. I was going to get the PC version but after the delay i said fuck that.
You are far from alone, which seems to be what WB intended. However, when the PC version performs poorly, they will blame it all on piracy.

Is anybody else going to the signing/early launch event this afternoon at the Times Square Toys R Us? I swear, with this and the Uncharted thing later in the week, it's like New York Comic-Con never ended. o_O

Easy_D said:

They need to maintain the "Die Hard", everything happening in one night, feel and I'm good. If they try to open things up any more the series may lose its appeal.

Four Wude

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any save file bonuses in this game? I beat AA and AA GOTY on my 360, but I decided to buy AC on PS3 due to better sound quality. Will I be missing anything?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
... every Batman villain is in this game so...

The next game will be Batman vs. the Justice League.

It'll be Mega-Man style where you can tackle any hero whenever you want, but defeating one hero gives you an advantage against another.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
They could push the 3rd one to the ultimate limit. Think of everyone finding out who Batman is. Like the Animated show, where Gordon and the police are after Batman. But build it up x 100.

Or just go full on "No Man's Land" w/destroyed Gotham, or War Games w/Massive Gangwars and rioting.

Four Wude said:
Are there any save file bonuses in this game? I beat AA and AA GOTY on my 360, but I decided to buy AC on PS3 due to better sound quality. Will I be missing anything?

Hmm. I don't recall getting anything for my save file.

hamchan

I've been playing for like 6 hours straight now and I'm only 17% through the game. Good stuff.

It's also 3 am over here, so this game has kept me awake. Batman is such a badass, so fun to play as him.

To hell with that, I can wait. I'm not that impatient that I would spend $60-65 dollars when I can wait and spend $25-33 dollars. All I really want to play right now is NBA 2K12 anyways.

vixlar

It seems Gameplanet (a Mexican shop) broke the sell date too. They are selling it today. So tempting. I still can't decide between this and Battlefield 3.

My collector's edition is shipping soon. Can't wait. I think I will probably sell that hideous The Dark Knight Returns skin on eBay. Wish I could get my hands on that animated series skin.

Ragus

Banned
VindictiveGnome said:
My collector's edition is shipping soon. Can't wait. I think I will probably sell that hideous The Dark Knight Returns skin on eBay. Wish I could get my hands on that animated series skin.

Want to trade? I will have my steelbox copy with TAS around the 21st of this month.

I love TAS Batman, but I love even more TDKR.

Ragus said:
Want to trade? I will have my steelbox copy with TAS around the 21st of this month.

I love TAS Batman, but I love even more TDKR.
I'll think about it. It will most likely be a yes, though. Do you have to have the paid version of the powerup rewards to get the costume? Or can you get it with the free version?

Top Bottom