• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Going by the lensoftruth, it looks like the 360 is sharper and has better textures, but the PS3 seems to be winning in the lighting department. I can't really tell which version has better AA. It looks like they are both lacking in that department. I'm sure it will be fine in motion.

Bazhard

Banned
craigrushforth said:
Lens Of Truth's Head to Head is up. Both platforms looks practically the same to me. Notwithstanding the usual brightness differences. No mention of frame rate yet. I doubt Rocksteady would mess either version up.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-batman-arkham-city-screenshot-comparison/
Looks like 360 has the edge again, i just wonder if ps3 will have the screen tearing that's whats holding me off from deciding what platform.

Judging by those pictures and i am not tech guy but it looks like 360 is getting 2xmsaa again where as ps3 isn't.

RPGCrazied

PS3 will have some, but nothing major. Nothing like Assassin's Creed on PS3. I saw a youtube video in 720p of the PS3 version, and it seems fine, a slight tear here and there.

Bazhard said:
Looks like 360 has the edge again, i just wonder if ps3 will have the screen tearing that's whats holding me off from deciding what platform.

Judging by those pictures and i am not tech guy but it looks like 360 is getting 2xmsaa again where as ps3 isn't.
i see almost equal jaggies on both. Sometimes even more appearent on 360. tossup.

360 version is sharper.

Bazhard said:

The PS3 version of Arkham had some noticeable screen tearing. The 360 version did not.

The 360 version also had AA, while the PS3 version did not.

I would expect similar results from this game. Every press event so far for this game has been showing off the 360 version. That usually tells you all you need to know.

Bazhard

Banned
Always-honest said:
i see almost equal jaggies on both. Sometimes even more appearent on 360. tossup.

360 version is sharper.
Look at the city shots, looks like 360 clearly has MSAA as where ps3 doesn't.

My guess is it will end up exactly like AA.

Ephemeris

Why compare?

GET BOTH.

Batmemes continue

10692137.jpg

Bazhard said:
Look at the city shots, looks like 360 clearly has MSAA as where ps3 doesn't.

My guess is it will end up exactly like AA.
i don't see much difference. Not a difference that will be appearent in motion.
If there is a substansial difference in AA, i will get the 360 version. framerate is important too, as is resolution.

Is there any difference between PS3 and Xbox versions of the game? I went with the PS3 version the last time for the Joker DLC. Any exclusives now? I've been on a media blackout so I don't really know much.

You guys are too picky. The look the same. The only real difference i see is that the 360 crushes blacks as usual. They really need to fix the RGB in that console. Are you even able to adjust RGB settings on 360 like PS3? Anyway besides the lighting, In motion, side by side, i doubt any of you would be able to tell the difference.

Is bestbuy doing a $10 gift card like they did with AA?

I decided to splurge and get the 360 version, despite my initial intention of waiting for the PC one. I had AA on my 360 and had a blast with it. My 360 hasn't gotten much attention since I got a gaming pc, so I figure this is a great game to dust it off and show it some love.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kung Fu Grip said:
That bothers you?

Nah i was kidding. But this really shows how much hard work rocksteady put into this game. She looks EXACTLY like in the animated series. I'd never thought cartoon-ish skin would work in real world like Batman: AC.

I can't wait to see TAS Batman.

So I enter the thread and scroll down a bit and see every single villain in the game listed. I've been on a media blackout for this game - wonderful that I can't even go into the OT without getting spoiled instantly.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Kung Fu Grip said:
That bothers you?

I think you were talking to me.

But it's not that it bothers me, it's just funny that someone would take the time to do a freeze frame on that specific moment.

Sn4ke_911 said:
Nah i was kidding. But this really shows how much hard work rocksteady put into this game. She looks EXACTLY like in the animated series. I'd never thought cartoon-ish skin would work in real world like Batman: AC.

I can't wait to see TAS Batman.
Not you, BY2K.

edit- ^^^ Eh. Male instinct.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
BY2K said:
I think you were talking to me.

But it's not the it bothers me, it's just funny that someone would take the time to do a freeze frame on that specific moment.

lol that took me less then 10 sec.

If it really bothers you how bout you unquote me and i'll delete the image?

360/ps3 versions look shockingly close considering its UE3.

I think maybe the 360 has better SSAO like most Unreal games but its hard to tell since the game is so dark to start with.

Both versions seem to have there far share of Jaggies.

from watching videos of the ps3 version I haven't seen any tearing so maybe they fixed that from the first game.

360 version will probably be more stable since thats just how Unreal rolls but the ps3 version looks great as well.

Nothing deal breaking for ether version.

abundant

Freakinchair said:
So I enter the thread and scroll down a bit and see every single villain in the game listed. I've been on a media blackout for this game - wonderful that I can't even go into the OT without getting spoiled instantly.
That's not the entire villain roster. Far from it. They're just the villains that RS made public.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Sn4ke_911 said:
lol that took me less then 10 sec.

If it really bothers you how bout you unquote me and i'll delete the image?

Not at all man, it doesn't bother me. I mean, it IS a nice shot of Catwoman's "back".

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Only 8 more hours.

I'm gonna wrap up the Extreme challenge maps in AA tonight to finally get that 100%. The stealth maps wouldn't be so bad, but they make you realize just how useful those gargoyles are. The combat maps are mostly cake, except for Shock and Awe (Extreme). Fuck the time limits.

Tsukumo

Easy_D said:
Eh, I hope they don't make a 3rd one, where can they go from here? It'd probably suffer from More-Of-the-same-itis

They will call it Batman Arkhageddom. Nazi-zombies will rise from the grave and spread trough Gotham, thus forcing the US government to close the city off and schedule a nuke bombing.
The only enemy available will be Clayface, who will pose as every single villain in the Bat-verse and the player shall use the bat-gadgets to out him. Then once there won't be no hope left, Superman will swoop in and save only Batman from the nuke attack. Batman will be pissed off because he didn't stop the bomb and battle Superman, only to become a zombi himself once the fight is finished thus, surprise surprise, getting killed by Azrael to purge the world from the zombi menace.
GOTY.

I'm really debating caving in and splurging to get the 360 version instead of waiting for the PC version. For me I kind of want to hold out because I'll be getting Uncharted 3 day one followed by MW3. I'd like to get this around the thanksgiving period so I can finish it up before moving on and taking on time sinks like AC: Revelations and Skyrim. I know if I pick it up Tuesday, I probably won't finish it before U3 comes and out and it might sit on the back burner. I really don't like having a backlog, but this game looks so good.

Top Bottom