• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

CyReN

Amazon is preparing to ship, will watch Batman: Under The Red Hood tonight to get in the mood for the game.

If you got Netflix Instant I would really check out the movie.

For those who already have the game... Do you think that it could do a slightly better job explaining the fundamentals/some advanced stuff at the very beginning? Once I discovered the WayneTech menu, I read every panel and learnt a lot of shit. I mean, it's a pretty unique game in terms of its controls; I wouldn't mind some uber hand-holding initially.

And I still find the disparity between the camera angles to be a bit annoying. Extreme close-up whilst walkingWOAHzoom out once you start running.

armv

Batman Beyond skin is up on the NOS site.

Gd04b.png

mickcenary said:
For those who already have the game... Do you think that it could do a slightly better job explaining the fundamentals/some advanced stuff at the very beginning? Once I discovered the WayneTech menu, I read every panel and learnt a lot of shit. I mean, it's a pretty unique game in terms of its controls; I wouldn't mind some uber hand-holding initially.
there are on-screen prompts for like every single new move in combat

jesus, the music in this game. catwoman's in particular. purrrr

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Picking up my game from best buy tomorrow. cannot wait to play it.

CyReN said:
Amazon is preparing to ship, will watch Batman: Under The Red Hood tonight to get in the mood for the game.

I'll do the same and also listen to the theme of the game as well.

Magnus

Today, I am the 99%. Tomorrow, I'll forget all about that shit and become the goddamned Batman.

I didn't even finish Asylum, but I'm still so pumped. BRING ON THE FALL GAMING SEASON!!

Solo

Probably won't have any time to play this tomorrow, but I'm thinking that an all day AC-fest may be in order for Wednesday.

CyReN said:

Loved this movie, just re-watched it this past weekend too, lol.

DevelopmentArrested said:
there are on-screen prompts for like every single new move in combat

jesus, the music in this game. catwoman's in particular. purrrr

True, but it's not hard to miss those prompts altogether. And yeah, the music has been amazing in parts.
The predator tutorial segment where you're first acquainted with Harley Quinn had some amazing music, if I recall correctly.

Amir0x said:
GameInformer guy says he completed the game at 42%, and that he put 60 hours into the game by this point.

whatever

Wait that wasn't a joke? I keep seeing people post that.

WTF was that guy doing? No grappling hook playthrough?

Amir0x

Banned
FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Wait that wasn't a joke? I keep seeing people post that.

WTF was that guy doing? No grappling hook playthrough?

i have no idea but I laughed out loud at reading that. 42% at 60 hours? Dude must have jerked off every time Catwoman came on screen.

i don't really get why there isn't a playtime counter.

i have to say the only negative of the game is the amount of chatter. random inmates talk at all times and you can hear them everywhere in the city. any way to turn this off?

Amir0x

Banned

i have to say the only negative of the game is the amount of chatter. random inmates talk at all times and you can hear them everywhere in the city. any way to turn this off?

Batman has Bat ears for super hearing, part of his powers yo

spidye

Amir0x said:
i have no idea but I laughed out loud at reading that. 42% at 60 hours? Dude must have jerked off every time Catwoman came on screen.
catwoman is just 10% of the game. he must have jerked off to batman, penguin, and gordon as well

Yeah, get the PC version, acquire the mod that will allow you to cut Batman's ears off.

Boom, problem solved.

Seriously, I don't think you can do anything about it.

Amir0x and Solo, I would have assumed you guys would be getting it on PC?

Just goes to show how fucking stupid this delay is that it's pushing very PC centric players towards the console version :\ That's really going to help PC sales when it comes out! Then next time they can cite worse figures etc...

Me? I'm being cool and waiting!

Amir0x

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Amir0x and Solo, I would have assumed you guys would be getting it on PC?

Just goes to show how fucking stupid this delay is that it's pushing very PC centric players towards the console version :\ That's really going to help PC sales when it comes out! Then next time they can cite worse figures etc...

Me? I'm being cool and waiting!

I am getting it on PC as well, but I can't wait. I really can't. I was already hyped but the pre-release buzz is so over the top I have to try this for myself.

I will be replaying it when the PC version comes, I bet the framerate blows on 360/Ps3.

Amir0x said:
I am getting it on PC as well, but I can't wait. I really can't. I was already hyped but the pre-release buzz is so over the top I have to try this for myself.

I will be replaying it when the PC version comes, I bet the framerate blows on 360/Ps3.
I must admit I'd be somewhat tempted if I hadn't even started Dark Souls yet and BF3 wasn't out next week, but as it stands I think I can bare waiting.

Just have to be careful about spoilers etc.

Amir0x

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
I must admit I'd be somewhat tempted if I hadn't even started Dark Souls yet and BF3 wasn't out next week, but as it stands I think I can bare waiting.

Just have to be careful about spoilers etc.

Batman also has the rare honor of being one of the only remaining main DC or Marvel superheroes that I can still stomach to read occasional comic issues of (what a mess DC and Marvel continuity and writing is these days), and as such he remains a favorite of mine. SO it's really put me in a hard place to make a decision, and my decision is to buy both.

Amir0x said:

it doesn't

DeMeester

TheExodu5 said:
This guy on HardForum has been selling quite a few keys for $25:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1640005

I sent him payment. He said he's getting more codes tomorrow and will send me one then. He says he has quite a few keys sold at the moment (and he seems to have good feedback so far). I can report back and let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for the info. Just bought two Steam keys today from that guy for myself and a friend. Almost instantly received the Nvidia code so I could get a Batman Arkham City Steam key via the geforce site.

Vire

Why is Amir0x allowed to actively troll all the time? It isn't cute or funny, just really obnoxious.

If you are going to bring that garbage into this thread, I suggest you leave.

Amir0x said:
Batman also has the rare honor of being one of the only remaining main DC or Marvel superheroes that I can still stomach to read occasional comic issues of (what a mess DC and Marvel continuity and writing is these days), and as such he remains a favorite of mine. SO it's really put me in a hard place to make a decision, and my decision is to buy both.
Well, DC continuity started over from scratch a month or two ago. Well, mostly. Other than Batman. Kinda.

Point taken.

CyReN said:

I agree with this person, Under The Red Hood is a fantastic Batman movie. I forget the actors names, but the voice actors for Batman and Red Hood did a really fantastic job, especially playing the roles for the first time,

The voice actor who voices Joker in the movie, is also the voice of Marcus from Gears of War. I also forget his name too...

Solo said:
In preparation for tomorrow, you will listen to this and you will love it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_WDG8iLT1o

Good man, you just linked my favourite song of all time.

Bazhard said:
Because if a game isn't 60fps its pure rubbish ;)
30fps certainly sucks compared to 60fps.

But no, I played the first game on PS3 and it was fine. Just not nearly as awesome as on PC.

Was only a tongue-in-cheek comment. This game will be great however you play it. Those of you throwing around accusations of trolling need to relax!

Top Bottom