• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
A guru3d member uploaded the 11.10 preview as the site appears to be getting hammered.

HERE

It's almost 150MB, the one earlier was like 26 so this one is likely real.

Pat

I did a preorder on Origin in August, am I supposed to receive a key or the beta just activates itself in the Origin software?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
shagg_187 said:
Preview build is same as final build, right?
Close but they are putting these out as 11.10 but 11.9 hits Wednesday so I would consider these preview drivers. BUT they are for BF3 so rejoice!

Smokey

Mr. Snrub said:
Smokey, can you get some shots of the subway? Lighting is amazing there.

Yes it is.

I will, new game about to start. Game is awesome. Love the changes they've made since alpha to the layout of the map.

Spl1nter

Smokey said:
Yes it is.

I will, new game about to start. Game is awesome. Love the changes they've made since alpha to the layout of the map.

dont believe this guy. fucking EA shill. the game sucks. as broken if not more than alpha.

going to sleep now. hoping its available when I wake up!

TheJerit

LiquidMetal14 said:
A guru3d member uploaded the 11.10 preview as the site appears to be getting hammered.

HERE

It's almost 150MB, the one earlier was like 26 so this one is likely real.

thanks man. this makes more sense as i had downloaded it twice before because i just couldn't believe it would be that small. ati drivers are always 100+. so i was going to hold off till tomorrow. now i don't have to.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
mug said:
Homer needs to go.

3gam7nm

CryptiK

CryptiK said:
Can someone who has the beta do a test for me if you hav a GTX 580

Can you set all the settings to low at 1920x1080@120Hz and 2xAA HBAO: OFF Motion Blur: OFF

and see what frame rate you achieve? I need to know this so I can decide on what system to purhase if someone could do that it would be fantastic thahnks.
Help please.

sk3tch

I just can't believe EA is doing it this way. It's pretty obvious to anyone that this is going to be a mess. Keys at around 3 and game unlocks around 8? Do the math.

sk3tch said:
I just can't believe EA is doing it this way. It's pretty obvious to anyone that this is going to be a mess. Keys at around 3 and game unlocks around 8? Do the math.

Pretty perfect, IMO. Gives them a sample launch stress test, if that's what you want to call it.

Timing though? Not perfect, but hey this is how the game is going to be released so...

Izayoi said:
Definitely not old.

Holy shit, Caspian Border is fucking huge.

Yep. 64 players, it's going to feel perfect. Let's hope it's not a ghost town in consoles... but then again, the game has different map size for different amount of players in server so I guess it'll be adjusted for consoles.

ACE 1991 said:
Will I be able to download the beta client before the 29th?

If you have early access code: yes. If not, no.

Izayoi

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Sadly no. The servers for Caspian Border are up and running but you can't join. Maybe a surprise upload? ;)
Well, I'm pretty sure the map is in the beta files, seeing as how large the download is.

It also says "Beta Build" in the top right.

Yerolo

How does the health system work in BF3? From some of the vids I've seen it appears to be regenerative, although some of the classes can heal ?

The HUD doesnt appear to have any sort of health meter, the only one I wasn't sure of was the 'ATT' which I think is some sort of stanima display ?

Top Bottom