• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

TheJerit

shagg_187 said:
Sadly no. The servers for Caspian Border are up and running but you can't join. Maybe a surprise upload? ;)

if i remember correctly, dice had said that this map would be visible, but wasn't part of the beta testing. part of another group of testing. hopefully they'll surprise us and release it mid-way through or something.

GJS

Yerolo said:
How does the health system work in BF3? From some of the vids I've seen it appears to be regenerative, although some of the classes can heal ?

The HUD doesnt appear to have any sort of health meter, the only one I wasn't sure of was the 'ATT' which I think is some sort of stanima display ?
Health is the percentage in the bottom right above ammo.

ATT bar is a graphical representation of the attackers remaining tickets.

Smokey said:
Getting 160 in 2nd part of metro tunnel...yeah dudes

you guys will be fine with single setups. holy fuck it's awesome playing as a team..this wont last long lol
What resoltion do you use?

This is awesome news. I was expectibg this game to run like Crysis. Glad to hear that's not the case.

Smokey

Hero_of_the_Day_1985 said:
What resoltion do you use?

This is awesome news. I was expectibg this game to run like Crysis. Glad to hear that's not the case.

1080p. I've never gone below 80fps on my SLI 580s. Inside the tunnel it's usually 100+

ff0qww.jpg

2ir7kfd.jpg

33wxnv6.jpg

2eb94ib.jpg

5z6vc.jpg

LordCanti

Got trolled by my e-mail account. I saw Battlefield 3 and I went "OHHHH YEAHHHHH", then I saw "Save 15% on Alienware computers" and I went "oh fuck".

Not sure how much longer I can stay awake
after that Dallas vs Washington snoozefest sucked the remaining energy right out of me for three hours

TheJerit said:
here's another video that was uploaded today. the person is confirming/busting stuff that people asked about. what's the most interesting is that the lav is in his video, so it looks like it is in the beta after all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZEvb8iY7GQ&feature=related

I watched six, maybe seven rounds earlier and didn't see the LAV once. Are there infantry only servers in the beta?

fin

sk3tch said:
I just can't believe EA is doing it this way. It's pretty obvious to anyone that this is going to be a mess. Keys at around 3 and game unlocks around 8? Do the math.
Yeah this is a cluster fuck. I should have my key and the beta pre-loaded by now. Then when midnight strikes the beta is unlocked. But looks like Im going to have to start the beta download before work tomorrow and not play it till I get home...

theb0xmIke

Neo Member
If i put on a low Resolution with 2+AA do you guys reckon i can run this decently on a 4850? (not super high or anything) or am i looking about medium?

Smokey

Nekrono said:
Smokey, what are you computer's specs?

I know you're running SLI 580's but what processor and how much RAM?

Core i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz
2x MSI Lightning Xtreme 580 3GB
16GB RAM
ASUS 1080p 120hz 3D Monitor
Intel 320 160GB SSD

The main components

I'm using MSI AfterBurner for the info. As you can see on my cards Ultra everything it taps out around 1.3GB of VRAM on the GPUs.

Izayoi said:
WHY.png

abload.de

You too can help stop image murder.

I was just trying to get them up as quick as I could for you guys. I already had tinypic up so I just used it.

Nekrono

Smokey said:
Core i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz
16GB RAM
Intel 320 160GB SSD

The main components

I'm using MSI AfterBurner for the info. As you can see on my cards Ultra everything it taps out around 1.2GB of VRAM on the GPUs.
Oh man I was hoping you had something less than a 2500k (that's what I have) now I don't know what to expect with that and my 6950.

Izayoi

Banned
Smokey said:
I was just trying to get them up as quick as I could for you guys. I already had tinypic up so I just used it.
Now that we've seen them, you should upload .pngs to abload for us!

Nekrono said:
Oh man I was hoping you had something less than a 2500k (that's what I
have) now I don't know what to expect with that and my 6950.
The 2500k and 2600k are identical as far as gaming is concerned.

CryptiK

Smokey said:
Core i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz
16GB RAM
Intel 320 160GB SSD

The main components

I'm using MSI AfterBurner for the info. As you can see on my cards Ultra everything it taps out around 1.3GB of VRAM on the GPUs.

are you able to see what it would run at with only on 580?

Smokey

Nekrono said:
Oh man I was hoping you had something less than a 2500k (that's what I have) now I don't know what to expect with that and my 6950.

You're fine. 2600k just allows for Hyper Threading (doesn't really have an effect on game performance). Other than that they are the same.

CryptiK said:
are you able to see what it would run at with only on 580?

I'll do that right now.

LordCanti

Nekrono said:

2500 and 2600 are nearly identical (if not completely identical) in game.

Somnia

LordCanti said:
Not sure if serious. Pretty sure not serious.

Running origin in admin may not have done shit, but I couldn't get games to load in battle log, when I closed everything and started over it worked. Don't know what else to tell ya.

Top Bottom