• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Woo-Fu

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
will that torrent even work? Doesn't the game need to be installed through origin?
If you unzip it where Origin would install the game Origin won't re-download any files it doesn't have to when you run the Origin install.

gl0w said:
Very solid, indeed. And i didnt notice any tearming for now.
Also, the game is very smooth, more than BC2 for sure.

Well, i really glad i will get the PS3 version. The destruction, is gorgeous!

HYPE HYPE HYPE. Good to know about the tearing and the smoothness. Frostbite 2FTW!

Phandy

I remember hearing stuff about people who played the Alpha getting beta access. Was that scrapped when the beta went completely open, or are people from the alpha getting keys emailed to them to for the beta?

Also is caspian border in the beta somehow? Where are these videos/screens coming from of it?

LEGGZZZZ said:
I'm going to guess this is probably final. Never expected the beta to look as good as those exclusive titles, but you think it looks worse than Crysis 2 multiplayer?

Definitely.
I'm actually surprised how it doesn't stack up against those games (MP wise). SP may be a different story.

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
Arcipello said:
i love the heavy breathing sound of the pilot as you pull into high G turns

Such phenomenal detail. It'd be even crazier if your vision started getting hazier or your screen started blacking out from taking too hard of a turn. Not expecting anything like that, just thinking out loud.

Dmented

Banned
PatmanBegins said:
Such phenomenal detail. It'd be even crazier if your vision started getting hazier or your screen started blacking out from taking too hard of a turn. Not expecting anything like that, just thinking out loud.
ArmA II + ACE mod and you can have all of that.

demolitio

Arcipello said:
Caspian is going to be playable later in the beta i suspect... you can quote me on that :D
I think so as well. I'm not 100% sure, but it's just my guess. There's a lot of marketing benefits from having Caspian unlocked near the end.

Arcipello said:
Caspian is going to be playable later in the beta i suspect... you can quote me on that :D

I've wondered why the PC version is almost double the size of the PS3 version. It would be cool if they unlocked it a few days in, for the PC of course.

Nekrono

Arcipello said:
demolitio said:
I think so as well. I'm not 100% sure, but it's just my guess. There's a lot of marketing benefits from having Caspian unlocked near the end.
I'm also thinking the same, they probably don't wan't both from the start since they know people would jump straight to Caspian and forget about Metro and they want to test and receive feedback from both maps individually.

dino1980

blahblah...blah said:
I've wondered why the PC version is almost double the size of the PS3 version. It would be cool if they unlocked it a few days in, for the PC of course.

Isnt that because of bigger textures and other stuff that the pc version is much bigger than the console version?

Norml

Maikrobi said:

Uhhh,WTF!?! This certainly does not look good at all. :(

rlKAL.jpg

Top Bottom