• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
TheLegendOfMart said:
Cry more, its gonna take me 24 hours to download it, i bought MOH:LE just for the beta and im not going to get to use my early access.

You get the key, you put it into origin, download, done.

What do you mean I put it into Origin? Where's that option? Sorry, just wanna make sure I'm ready when I get my key.

dude404

TheLegendOfMart said:
Give it chance they cant just send out thousands and thousands of email all at once they will just get spam filtered, they are sending them out in batches.

I know, i'm just getting a little anxious since I could be playing the beta right now since I already downloaded the beta client and it's getting pretty late.

MrOogieBoogie said:
What do you mean I put it into Origin? Where's that option? Sorry, just wanna make sure I'm ready when I get my key.
When you get the key click on the cog at the top of origin window and click redeem product code, put the key in and beta should appear on your games list.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Heavy's Sandvich said:
I should be getting 2 keys. But I haven't received anything so far.

You know what to do bro-meo.

dylan-you-son-of-a-bitch.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Detox said:
Avira gives me a warning that bf3.exe is a TR/Patched.Gen on the torrent download. Is this just a false alert?

Yes. It was the same with alpha.

Heavy's Sandvich said:
I should be getting 2 keys. But I haven't received anything so far.
If there is somebody who got the same "problem" with two keys I would really appreciate one.
Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please

Nekrono

Detox said:
Avira gives me a warning that bf3.exe is a TR/Patched.Gen on the torrent download. Is this just a false alert?
It did the same thing to me with the alpha, I made an exception for it.

Blutonium

Detox said:

If you downloaded it via Reddit, it should be false. Unless every poster in that thread is in on the conspiracy.

georgc

/ iPad makes new email sound
/ heart skips beat
/ stop taking shower
/ body still soapy
/ jump out shower to read email
/ slip on floor fall down like old lady
/ fallin and can't get up
/ struggle to stand
/ soap now all on floor
/ standing is now as possible as a technologically realistic CIS show
/ none
/ crawling is the only option
/ iPad getting closer
/ iPad in hand now body full of pain
/ fuck you groupon

wiggleb0t

Banned
9:30pm Australia time....

Bought physical copy of MOH Tier 1 edition which states you get early beta access.
Pre-ordered BF3 on Origin like a month ago

Where my key EA? :(

CozMick

Banned
A few impressions from the PS3 version.

Sound is un fucking believable, it even tops Bad Company 2.

The lighting is excellent, the metro tunnels particularly are amazing, seeing muzzle flash from the weapons reflect into the floor is crazy good.

The sense of the killer bullet around the corner is perfect, makes you dive to the floor when the shit hits the fan, love it.

Tearing is apparent for those that loathe it...

Spawning takes an age sometimes, hate that countdown bullshit.

One minus point is...

NO VEHICLES is a fucking disastrous decision from Dice, why? makes no sense.

75fps minimum everywhere in the game, no matter where I am, mostly it's 100fps at 2560x1440 with all settings absolutely maxed... I am STOKED.

Here is some loving guys.

1vfy9.png

2wdpn.png

4yemm.png

55ee4.png

CoilShot

CozMick said:

The lighting is excellent, the metro tunnels particularly are amazing, seeing muzzle flash from the weapons reflect into the floor is crazy good.

One minus point is...

Wow no vehicles at all?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
ColonialRaptor said:
75fps minimum everywhere in the game, no matter where I am, mostly it's 100fps at 2560x1440 with all settings absolutely maxed... I am STOKED.

Here is some loving guys.

http://www.abload.de/img/1vfy9.png[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/2wdpn.png[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/4yemm.png[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/55ee4.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

How much VRAM usage? Tri 6970s or 6950s?

DarkChild

Banned
CozMick said:
Comparing those screens to PS3, I'd say apart from resolution and aliasing it's pretty damn close.
Yea, I think PC version has GI, which should make lighting look marginally better.
Got to say though...Those screens don't exactly look all that hot. Not that it looks meh by any means, just, a bit sterile.

CozMick said:

The sense of the killer bullet around the corner is perfect, makes you dive to the floor when the shit hits the fan, love it.

One minus point is...

Dude... It's Battlefield. The game is balanced with that in mind. Tickets = players deaths, you start adding instant respawn and the games last 5 minutes. Not to mention they change the actual gameplay completely.

Calibur

CozMick said:

One minus point is...

No vehicles, that is odd it was in the PC alpha, is it in the PC beta???

CozMick

Banned
Ubersnug said:
So, anyone in the UK got their MOH beta keys yet?

Not sure if you need one, the only way of me getting into the beta early was by buying the tier one edition of MoH (which I did) but I got in by searching on the store.

Metalmurphy said:
Dude... It's Battlefield. The game is balanced with that in mind. Tickets = players deaths, you start adding instant respawn and the games last 5 minutes. Not to mention they change the actual gameplay completely.

Got to have something to moan about, the beta is nigh on flawless :p

xemumanic

TheLegendOfMart said:
Same place as everyone elses, be patient.

When my money is involved, patience is hard to come by. Especially when I haven't had my morning coffee.

But you're right, I'll back off for a bit.

ColonialRaptor, what is your vid card? I want to run 2560x1600 and have 60fps minimum maxed out. I have 2x 6950 right now and I don't think that will do it.

Top Bottom