• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Even though I registered my Steam key on Origin, still can't access Battlelog. My roommate can, though, so maybe it takes the account a moment.

piratepwnsninja said:
I pre-ordered months ago on Origin and haven't received a key yet. :\

Same here. It's past 3pm in Sweden. All keys were supposed to be out by now.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Why the hell haven't I gotten my key yet? Do I start bugging EA Chat now?

That's what I am going to start doing now. :/

CryptiK

Launching through Battlelog... WORST IDEA EVER! >.> game flickers with the webpage and Origin why couldn't they just have a client.. This isn't a Free to play game for fuck sake. Also no squad browser WHAT THE HELL.

Smokey

Boys fiendin for dat BF3 beta lol

CryptiK said:
Launching through Battlelog... WORST IDEA EVER! >.> game flickers with the webpage and Origin why couldn't they just have a client.. This isn't a Free to play game for fuck sake.

it's actually not. calm down it's first day they are getting killed.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
piratepwnsninja said:
I pre-ordered months ago on Origin and haven't received a key yet. :\
This is me as well. I love how those who supported EA and Origin early are getting leapfrogged by people who purchased MOH on Steam. However, in all fairness, they were eligible to receive the Beta well before Origin existed.

sk3tch said:
Yes, you absolutely do. You have to have it to SEE the key. At least in my Steam client. So I started the DL and saw the key and then stopped the DL and deleted it.

lol.gif

Sorry man, just reporting what I'm seeing. I don't have MOH installed and haven't for a few days. I can grab a screencap if you want.

Like I said, maybe if you'd never installed it before, you're required to install it a first time. But mine is not installed and I got the key.

Woorloog

Banned
shagg_187 said:
And PC is twice the size. Makes me optimistic that PC version will get Caspian Border next week :D
Which would cause rather large outrage in Xbox/PS communities, if they're left out.
But i assume increased texture resolutions etc and compression alone cannot account for larger filesize, can they?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
CryptiK said:
Launching through Battlelog... WORST IDEA EVER! >.> game flickers with the webpage and Origin why couldn't they just have a client.. This isn't a Free to play game for fuck sake.
Works fine, it's the first competent server browser DICE have made.

sk3tch

Mr. Snrub said:
lol.gif

Sorry man, just reporting what I'm seeing. I don't have MOH installed and haven't for a few days. I can grab a screencap if you want.

Like I said, maybe if you'd never installed it before, you're required to install it a first time. But mine is not installed and I got the key.

must be it. I never installed it. just bought it to get a bf3 beta key.

but that's my point - you need to install it to see the key. :)

Smokey

iNvidious01 said:
hows it run on sli 580s? i got my upgraded 3GB 580s yesterday :D

Never dips below 80fps outside. Inside tunnel 100+ majority of the time. Ultra everything, HBAO, max AA, 70/100 motion blur. Uses 1.4GB of VRAM at the highest.

Sethos

Banned
sk3tch said:
Yes, you absolutely do. You have to have it to SEE the key. At least in my Steam client. So I started the DL and saw the key and then stopped the DL and deleted it.

No you don't, you just click on the game and press "CD-Key" on the right side of the main window. You don't have to start the download.

sk3tch

Sethos said:
No you don't, you just click on the game and press "CD-Key" on the right side of the main window. You don't have to start the download.

You had to have it installed at some point prior in order to see the key. If you had never installed it, you need to in order to see the key. Hence my point. You can just start the DL, get the key, and stop the DL and delete it.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Smokey said:
Never dips below 80fps outside. Inside tunnel 100+ majority of the time. Ultra everything, HBAO, max AA, 70/100 motion blur. Uses 1.4GB of VRAM at the highest.
I'm sorry, but that is some grade-A sex talk for nerds. *moan*

Ryuuga

Banned
So what happens for those that preordered it on origin ? Do we wait for an email? Wait for the portal site? EA is handling this very poorly I must say. Hopefully things will make more sense when I get back from work.

iNvid02

Smokey said:
Yeah 1080p, 3D monitor here.

Let me know how that goes at 1600p. I'm curious.

nice, i guess i'll have to turn hbao off. hopefully that should keep it steady at 60
someone throw me a code and i'll post glorious 1600p screenshots

My friends playing the PS3 beta tell me it's fun but incredibly laggy and glitchy. Given these are Battlefield vets, for them to say that things must be pretty bad...

Is it just the PS3 version that's like that?

Pat

DenogginizerOS said:
This is me as well. I love how those who supported EA and Origin early are getting leapfrogged by people who purchased MOH on Steam. However, in all fairness, they were eligible to receive the Beta well before Origin existed.

Still no email for me either. :(

Ryuuga said:
So what happens for those that preordered it on origin ? Do we wait for an email? Wait for the portal site? EA is handling this very poorly I must say. Hopefully things will make more sense when I get back from work.

We were supposed to receive an E-Mail over 6 hours ago. That was delayed to a timeframe that started 2 hours ago and actually ended 15 minutes ago. There has been no new information as to when we will actually receive our keys.

Smokey

There's also a 3D option in the Options settings of the beta. Gonna try that out when I get home. Curious to see their implementation.

I got my Origin pre-order code...or maybe Alpha participation, if we really get keys for that?

If I get two I'll share with some poor soul.

Woo-Fu

Banned
pre-ordered on Origin first day it was available, still no key, lol. At least I'm torrenting the client. With my crappy internet speed I needed to download this in advance to make any use whatsoever of early access.

Top Bottom