• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
LordCanti said:
This beta is a buggy POS right now. Me and Mr_Nothin just crashed, mouse bindings won't work, etc.

On the bright side, I was getting 60fps with my E8500 and GTX 580 @ ultra (without SSAO or AA). I never saw a jaggy, so I see no need for AA.
Good to hear. You win on the GPU side but I got you beat on the CPU side. Interesting.

More technical reports and specs please from people who have it. I will post something later when my DL finishes.

quote the list and add your name at the bottom people. But it could still be fast reaction to first quoter game...

so the ps3 list of poor poor beggars:

- me (always-honest)
- hanmik
- Atruvius
- Marv_79
- adriano999
- Fersis
- Evolved 1
- xclaw
- Psykotik
- Starfish_Oxide

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Kyaw said:
So, umm, i have a beta key from MoH on Steam too!

Do i give it to the top guy on the beggar list?
Take him off the list, it's only fair. And where's that beggar thread? It's gonna get serious the next few days so we need that thread!

mr_nothin

Banned
woober said:
Oh man. I was hoping full squad spawning was out.
Im def going to complain about it to hell and back on the forums. Feels really cheap. Takes away that extra 'something' that was in the alpha but I've only played 1 game and even that crashed. Will give it some time to grow on me but seriously....I doubt it will.

TheJerit

LordCanti said:
This beta is a buggy POS right now. Me and Mr_Nothin just crashed, mouse bindings won't work, etc.

On the bright side, I was getting 60fps with my E8500 and GTX 580 @ ultra (without SSAO or AA). I never saw a jaggy, so I see no need for AA.

redonkulous. guess the cpu doesn't matter as much in frostbite 2.0 as i had feared. glorious!!

Aw shit, son.

zO4L1.png

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
quote the list and add your name at the bottom people. But it could still be fast reaction to first quoter game...

so the ps3 list of poor poor beggars:

- me (always-honest)
- hanmik
- Atruvius
- Marv_79
- adriano999
- Fersis
- Evolved 1
- xclaw
- Psykotik
- Starfish_Oxide
- PatmanBegins

I'll paste this guy into the new thread as well, so check that one too, everyone!

Rhino

XxCGSxX said:
Beggar List for Xbox 360 code:
XxCGSxX
Woorloog
Gaz Pwnage
Rhino

Just quote and add yourselves from now on, share gaf please!! I've tried quoting 4 times now.

Won't you give us poor ones a code?

lockload

https://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield/status/118711064719396864
The EA Online servers are experiencing issues and we're working to get them back up ASAP. #BF3Beta

Wow never expected ea servers to go down they are usually so solid ;-)

LordCanti

Smokey said:
Canti can you post your performance in the thread I just created?

Sure. I need a little more data before I can say for sure that my FPS is solid though. Haven't seen past the park yet (except for ten seconds in the subway before we crashed and burned).

ULTIMATE KICKASS BEGGAR LIST FOR PC *updated*

aeiko
MNC
Glorious Ownage
Bliddo
Merino
shagg_187
.nimrod
largan
TheJerit
Devin Olsen
Red Blaster
Anilusion
dearapollo

FINALBOSS

Banned
Once again console players sort of left in the dark. Haven't' heard shit for PS3 players yet. From what I understand, it'll just be up on the store for us to download? (MoH buyers)

LordCanti

I'm really annoyed at EA right now. I've got an origin friends list with 70 people on it, and instead of being able to import that into battlelog, I'm having to add people manually.

Has anyone set up a group chat channel?

They even have an "Import friends from Origin!" page, but it tells me all my Origin friends are already friended in Battlelog.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
derFeef said:
I am giving up hope for Origin preorder key... what a joke.

Dude my friend from austria just got his key!!!

Soon, my friend. SOON!!!

Façade

Neo Member

aeiko
MNC
Glorious Ownage
Bliddo
Merino
shagg_187
.nimrod
largan
TheJerit
Devin Olsen
Red Blaster
Anilusion
dearapollo
Façade

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Façade said:

aeiko
MNC
Glorious Ownage
Bliddo
Merino
shagg_187
.nimrod
largan
TheJerit
Devin Olsen
Red Blaster
Anilusion
dearapollo
Façade

This list is obsolete... you're in the wrong thread man.

I get a solid 70+fps running 1920X1200 highest settings.

PC is

2500k, 16gb ram, 2x 6950.

I want to get 70fps running 2560x1600, not sure if one 580GTX would do it.... either that or replace this monitor.

It looks good:

KJtvS.jpg

Souljiro

LordCanti said:
I'm really annoyed at EA right now. I've got an origin friends list with 70 people on it, and instead of being able to import that into battlelog, I'm having to add people manually.

Has anyone set up a group chat channel?

Are you kidding me?! I'm hoping at retail this is not the case you should be able to import your friends from origin. Good luck adding those 70 people canti =p

panda21

looking at the server list it seems like there are only enough for a few thousand people to be playing at once?! this will end well.

Top Bottom