• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Arsenic

tuxor said:
This is asinine. I'm not going to pretend I'm even remotely close to a networking expert, but honestly, if you give out x beta keys, should you not expect x people to try and play the beta? Also the server browser at this point just seems idiotic. I bet Gabe's somewhere sniggering.
The saddest part is this isn't even close to peak time. Theres still many people at work/school who can't access the beta right now. If it's this bad now, what the fuck do we have in store by 8pm est tonight?

PaNaMa

Banned
nitric0 said:
Get in on the EA Chat: It's a long wait xD

You are currently number 1502 in the queue.

Can anything in the beta gaming world go smoothly? Does every release always have to be a complete cluster****. Godamn EA, all you have to do is flick a switch.

Alski

I work for M$ marketing! Hi!
Any one else getting the "Your browser is not fully supported, soldier!" message and a broken web page?

FinKL

If its bad now, wait till everyone gets off work. Even worse, Thursday open beta :( they should just open caspian border to thank pc players for the mishaps

Weenerz

Banned
PaNaMa said:
Can anything in the beta gaming world go smoothly? Does every release always have to be a complete cluster****. Godamn EA, all you have to do is flick a switch.

That is the point of a beta, even if it is a glorified demo. They are testing features to make sure it works at launch.

Norua

Banned
luffeN said:
Go to the server browser and set filters. Those will also be used for quick match. Maybe this helps.

Yeah, i tried and i've been in server queue (i tried different ones) for more than 10 minutes now. If there is some slots available it just says Joining server forever.

BhsOr.jpg

All suggestions are welcomed !

Menelaus said:
Don't encourage this in this thread! BAD SNRUB!

Blast! Got excited.

Foliorum Viridum said:
2 minutes in and I already hate Battlelog.

What don't you like about it?

Think everyone needs to calm down. This is, what? Hour 5 of a beta release for an highly anticipated title using a brand new menu interface and brand new DD client...there WILL be problems.

Hopefully all sorted out by 6 PM CST or I'll be raging with you.

Game seems busted for me. I can't assign arrow keys to move, when I try and use WASD they all move me right despite being mapped correctly, when I die and the screen goes blue it stays that way when I've respawned.

o_O

botlite

All I have experienced so far is frustration. Spent 15 minutes trying to get into a game for it to crash on me straight away and then another 15 minutes before getting into another. I tried to change controls but I was killed halfway through which then booted me out of the options screen (is there a way to do this without being in the game?). Finally got the controls done, ran around and found some bad guys, killed 1 and then crashed.

I couldn't bind anything to mouse 4 or 5 either. A very disappointing start so far.

LordCanti

aeiko said:
zh1nt0 post

"If things go the way they are intended today, I´ve got a nice surprise for my PC forum family tomorrow."

Oh my God that trolling bastard. If it's not Caspian I'm going to lose my shit.

Is there a beta group on Battlelog yet?

zomaha

Devin Olsen said:
May I direct your attention to the Key Begging thread.

Here

Damn, I literally tried to read up the last 20+ pages since earlier yesterday and I must have skipped over the one I needed most. Thanks.

GJS

aeiko said:
zh1nt0 post

"If things go the way they are intended today, I´ve got a nice surprise for my PC forum family tomorrow."
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/19969439-post9.html Source for that in a Caspian Border thread.

It seemed odd that they would show caspian border servers on the public battlelog when they could easily keep it internally or on a different test system, I presume they are seeing if any obvious issues crop up with caspian border when battlelog is under heavy load, then hopefully if nothing serious crops up they will release it into the public beta.

Probably won't happen though.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Game seems busted for me. I can't assign arrow keys to move, when I try and use WASD they all move me right despite being mapped correctly, when I die and the screen goes blue it stays that way when I've respawned.

o_O
+ now when I try to load up an empty server I just get a black window.

Why you hate me, BF3?

Deadly

Anyone know if we can/how to change firing type? Also where can we bind the talk keys to something else? I can't find it...

Thanks EA! Only had to wait 3 hours for your live chat support to get this as an answer:

Gabrielle:
Okay, so unfortunately you did not get the early access to the beta.
you:
Why?
you:
It said order by the 25th and I did
Gabrielle:
I can see that here on your order. But for some reason it just didn't give you early access.
Gabrielle:
I don'
Gabrielle:
I don't even have access to those codes. I'm sorry :/

Top Bottom