• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
GJS said:
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/19969439-post9.html Source for that in a Caspian Border thread.

It seemed odd that they would show caspian border servers on the public battlelog when they could easily keep it internally or on a different test system, I presume they are seeing if any obvious issues crop up with caspian border when battlelog is under heavy load, then hopefully if nothing serious crops up they will release it into the public beta.

Probably won't happen though.

Holy wat? he posted this in the Caspian Border thread? i thought that shit was from twitter.

In case anyone was wondering, there are other maps files in the beta client on PC.

There's a folder for "Subway," which is Metro (and was refered to as the same way in the alpha), and there's a folder for "MP_007", which includes a map bigger than Metro.

Unfortunately they've encoded some of the files now, so I can't just go digging around for fun stuff :(

elco

GJS said:
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/19969439-post9.html Source for that in a Caspian Border thread.

It seemed odd that they would show caspian border servers on the public battlelog when they could easily keep it internally or on a different test system, I presume they are seeing if any obvious issues crop up with caspian border when battlelog is under heavy load, then hopefully if nothing serious crops up they will release it into the public beta.

Probably won't happen though.

DICE TROLLING CONSOLES!!!??!?! jokes..that shits getting old and completely off base anyways. Crossing my fingers for you guys, will be nice to see some footage. My only concern as a console user is how conquest will play out and if the maps will be too big. BFBC2 didn't have conquest if I remember correctly, and 1943 had relatively small maps.

Rainy Dog

So, a few questions for those that are lucky enough to have been playing :-

Why do some folk have the all kit M27 battle rifle? I've seen level 2's running around with them. Only all kit weapon I've got access to at level 5 is the 870 shotgun.

What does the bleeping sound signify when you try to spot but don't/can't? I suspect it's when there's an enemy where you're aiming but they're behind cover and not in your line of fire.

Anyone else experiencing a few buggy moments on the PS3? For instance, I keep being unable to use L1 and aim down the sights. Dropping a medic pack seems to resolve it so hopefully it's not my pad acting up. Also been unable to sprint on a few occasions. I assume this is a similar bug as I don't believe there's a sprint/energy bar?

gillFTR

Zyzyxxz said:
Whoa since when was recommended graphics card an ATI 6950? I hope my lowly 5870 can max out the game.

Those things are exaggerated aslong as you have a decent processor you should be good. I have a 5870 and stills a very good card and holdups to a lot of the 6 series ati cards. you should be getting 30 fps on max.

Enkidu

Zyzyxxz said:
Whoa since when was recommended graphics card an ATI 6950? I hope my lowly 5870 can max out the game.
"Lowly?" A 5870 is still a great card, not that much worse than the 69XX cards.

Also, do I have to unlock the paddles again? I can't find them and I don't remember it being like this in the Alpha.

Backfoggen said:
Hilarious how I didn't get my code yet. Early access for sure.

I'm about to check with EA support to verify I was given early access since my Origin Digital preorder was early august. If not I am canceling and moving on....

Sethos

Banned
Very enjoyable. Servers broken for a few hours, when I finally find a game, CTD after 10 minutes, like in the Alpha without the updated drivers Nvidia released ...

FINALBOSS

Banned

Dr Prob

Banned
Actually got into a game on the first try (360), but since then can't connect at all.

Those six minutes I spent running around like an idiot were very impressive though!

Woorloog

Banned
SilverBullet said:
OMG at the tear!!! I hope they fix it on release... Looks so bad on that video. (PS3)
Didn't notice tearing in 360 video... but even if it's there, i think it's a small trade off for such good looking game. (Of course it would be better without tearing but i'm happy with what i get and won't be complaining. Too much anyway...)

Rainy Dog

FINALBOSS said:
Gotta be a feed problem or something. EA/DICE would never release a game with that much tearing. I wouldn't worry about it.

There is a fair bit of tearing in the PS3 version at least. Never noticed it whilst playing though.

did not get my code yet and its already 7 pm. guess ill just cancel my origin preorder and buy it from some place else where its cheaper anyways.

Top Bottom