• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

nitric0

ACE 1991 said:
The bitching in this thread is the epitome of first world problems, everyone gets into the vet in two fucking days.
People preordered to get in 48 hours early, they have the right to bitch

PaNaMa

Banned
nitric0 said:
Apparently they just tell you to be patient and wait for your key

I hope you are kidding. Or that someone was kidding you. Something is obviously broken, I should have two keys by now - one for MOH and one for Origin pre order. It's 3:10 pm, the day is half over here. (Newfoundland time is 1hr 30 mins ahead of Eastern standard). Clearly if early access is Sept 27, it was meant to be before the day is over...

ACE 1991 said:
The bitching in this thread is the epitome of first world problems, everyone gets into the beta in two fucking days.

I preordered through Origin for the sole reason of accessing the beta "EARLY"!
I will "BITCH" all day long if I want to. DICE/EA has screwed up yet again.

mr_nothin

Banned
After looking around in the PROF_SAVE_body (ini) file. It seems all the settings are capped to quality level 3 even when you have everything on Ultra. Those quality levels can go up to level 5. About to see if there's a difference by setting them to 5.

Also changed the mesh quality from 0.7 to 1.0. I think you can go up to 2.0 on some of these things. I'll report back in a sec.

desu

Am I the only one that thinks its hard to distinguish who is on your team and who not? I think it will take some time until I get used to them.

Smokey

soulassssns said:
I preordered though Origin for the sole reason of accessing the beta "EARLY"!
I will "BITCH" all day long if I want to. DICE/EA has screwed up yet again.

I'm sorry, this made me chuckle. You could wait in EA support line...with 200 others

I'm sure it'll get worked out

Manager

Piggus said:
Those damn AMD preview drivers were giving me the BSOD. :(

They've slowed damn my browsing, giving horrible lag when scrolling over screenshots. How the hell could they mess up THAT of all things.

-GOUKI- said:
Even the PC version is pretty plain. Honestly doesn't look anywhere as good as the single player stuff.
Understandable though, if you have 64 people running, driving and flying around with destructable terrain and large view distances you can't expect it to look as good as the SP.

Just in case anyone missed it... For those waiting in Line for EA customer support don't hold your breath.

"Thanks EA! Only had to wait 3 hours for your live chat support to get this as an answer:

Gabrielle:
Okay, so unfortunately you did not get the early access to the beta.
you:
Why?
you:
It said order by the 25th and I did
Gabrielle:
I can see that here on your order. But for some reason it just didn't give you early access.
Gabrielle:
I don'
Gabrielle:
I don't even have access to those codes. I'm sorry :/
Gabrielle:
You should call DICE customer support"

I get to play for about 1.5 rounds and then i get "Disconnected from server" Then it is back the to the end of a 40 person queue.

Anyone on east/southeast side of US look for US eoreality.net Atlanta #3. It seems like some servers have a queue and some don't.

Smokey said:
I'm sorry, this made me chuckle. You could wait in EA support line...with 200 others

I'm sure it'll get worked out

"no agents are available"

"busy"

and the Live Chat button is no longer highlighted for use. So I cannot even RAGE cancel my Origin preorder if I wanted to.

Glorious Ownage said:
Just in case anyone missed it... For those waiting in Line for EA customer support don't hold your breath.

"Thanks EA! Only had to wait 3 hours for your live chat support to get this as an answer:

Gabrielle:
Okay, so unfortunately you did not get the early access to the beta.
you:
Why?
you:
It said order by the 25th and I did
Gabrielle:
I can see that here on your order. But for some reason it just didn't give you early access.
Gabrielle:
I don'
Gabrielle:
I don't even have access to those codes. I'm sorry :/
Gabrielle:
You should call DICE customer support"

^^^ If they say that shit to me I am canceling my order.

derFeef

ACE 1991 said:
The bitching in this thread is the epitome of first world problems, everyone gets into the beta in two fucking days.
Oh yeah, I should be thankful that I am not able to play after I preordered weeks ago, have also the MoH game on my EA account and I am still without code? In 4 hours it's the 28th here - 27th was advertised for early beta. I do not see the reason to not be angry at this.

Ubersnug

FFS!!!!

the xbox 360 beta appears to be fucked!

I havent been able to connect to one game yet and keep getting the same error message 'The connection with EA Online was lost'

Absolutely gutted....

LOL wow you're a jackass ^

Cursing at a support person, really?

FINALBOSS said:
Your life is ruined!

I lol'd

Friend of mine is bringing his account over tonight when I get home from work, and leaving it here til he gets back in town Wednesday evening. Fk yesssssssssssssssss!

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
mr_nothin said:
After looking around in the PROF_SAVE_body (ini) file. It seems all the settings are capped to quality level 3 even when you have everything on Ultra. Those quality levels can go up to level 5. About to see if there's a difference by setting them to 5.

Also changed the mesh quality from 0.7 to 1.0. I think you can go up to 2.0 on some of these things. I'll report back in a sec.

Very interesting. I await your results with eager anticipation.

Something occurred to me, the actual beta starts in 2 days. It sounds like we're the beta for the beta and I'm hoping they don't have all their servers running yet. Either that, come Thursday, the servers will really be screwed

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
For me, playing a battlefield ( comparatively ) cramped game on a small map with 24 players with no vehicles, real team play ( let's face it, during the beta most people are just going to play it like team deathmatch ) is like playing a game of chess against a cardboard cutout opponent who instead of chess pieces has candy on his side of the board.

I wish they gave us a beta of the gamescom build. This is excruciatingly boring I'm afraid to admit :(

panda21

nismogrendel said:
I get to play for about 1.5 rounds and then i get "Disconnected from server" Then it is back the to the end of a 40 person queue.

Anyone on east/southeast side of US look for US eoreality.net Atlanta #3. It seems like some servers have a queue and some don't.

lol i just tried typing eoreality into the filter and now there are plenty of empty servers i can get into. is battlelog busted or did these servers only just go up?

i'm sat in a game unable to do anything because it says waiting for players..

if you're having trouble getting into a game on PC try typing eoreality into the filter and come join the server with one guy in it.. please!

matt05891

Arun: Hi, my name is Arun. How may I help you?

2263837720: Hello I have a question about not receiving a code for the battlefield 3 beta however I own medal of honor limited edition for xbox 360 and it says in my EA account I have indeed played it online

Arun: Can you please stay online while I investigate this issue further?
2263837720: Yes I can thank you for your help

Arun: I would like to inform you that Beta distribution is under process.

2263837720: Okay; is their any area of time I could expect to receive it as the early access is supposed to be a 48 hour early program and I would like to make sure I am going to recieve it during that time frame

Arun: Unfortunately there is no way of checking the conformation of code how ever if you have pre order BF3 yu will definitely get BF3 beta

2263837720: As well as purchasing the Limited Edition of Medal of Honor correct?

Arun: I would like to inform you that you are eligible to get early access of BF3 beta just be patience once the beta will out you will be able to access it

Lots of help. Especially because I never stated I preordered it and didn't.

Top Bottom