• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

PatzCU

It seems like people in this thread are forgetting the purpose of the BETA. Yes, Battlelog is not working well. Yes, they have released this BETA so they can get Battlelog working for release. If you don't like being a guinea pig, then don't play until official BF3 release.

Spl1nter said:
I concur.

Get back to work.

Is it 25.5:00 in Canada yet? When are you playing? I'm going to start counting your ACE pins to see if it matches your total rounds played.

PatzCU said:
It seems like people in this thread are forgetting the purpose of the BETA. Yes, Battlelog is not working well. Yes, they have released this BETA so they can get Battlelog working for release. If you don't like being a guinea pig, then don't play until official BF3 release.

WTF bro, this beta feels like a beta, I want my money back.

-GOUKI-

PatzCU said:
QFT

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
Is it 25.5:00 in Canada yet? When are you playing? I'm going to start counting your ACE pins to see if it matches your total rounds played.

Is there a little leeway, like if I decide to go recon and then remember how nerfed it is.

Ubersnug said:
FFS!!!!

the xbox 360 beta appears to be fucked!

I havent been able to connect to one game yet and keep getting the same error message 'The connection with EA Online was lost'

Absolutely gutted....

Just what I was expecting/fearing. DICE games and XBL haven't ever played nice with one another at launch. The BC2 demo did this, DICE and EA fixed it and then the game launched and it was shit once again for about a month.

BF3 on XBL is going to be a nightmare at launch. Can't wait /sarcasm

desu

PatzCU said:

Yeah, the release day will be SO MUCH FUN! Urgh :s.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
PatzCU said:

is releasing pre order codes part of the beta too? most people are complaining about our keys

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Huh, still no email for 360 beta via MoH. Wonder if it doesn't know I played it or something. I see the game listed on my EA account, although it says nothing about a special edition.

aeiko

Banned
ok so i got a BF 3beta key in my inbox from a kind member on this forum (faceless007) :)

i went to this page

https://activate.ea.com/

put in the code and it activated.. now why is it not in my EA Games list? where do i find the confirmation that im in beta? its not in my account info or nothing.. bumpp.. im at school so i cant download any clients.

PatzCU

desu said:
Yeah, the release day will be SO MUCH FUN! Urgh :s.

Well all we can hope for is that today's clusterfuck helps them sort out the issues. I have no doubt that release day will also suck, but hopefully it sucks slightly less.

Menelaus

Banned
aeiko said:
ok so i got a BF 3beta key in my inbox from a kind member on this forum (faceless007) :)

i went to this page

https://activate.ea.com/

put in the code and it activated.. now why is it not in my EA Games list? where do i find the confirmation that im in beta? its not in my account info or nothing.. bumpp.. im at school so i cant download any clients.
You have to enter it into Origin.

Zimbardo said:
lol! what a douchebag.

It is "useless" by definition if you cannot use it, it is useless or if the person on the other side is unable to assist you with your problem it is "useless".

Who is the "DOUCHEBAG" now?

Shit MoH:LE wasn't listed on my account page, even though I played it. Is that why I'm not getting a key? It also says that I never played online which isn't true.

Zimbardo

soulassssns said:
It is "useless" by definition if you cannot use it it is useless or if the person on the other side is unable to assist you with your probelem it is "useless".

Who is the "DOUCHEBAG" now?

the asshole is.

aeiko

Banned
yeh but isn't EA and origin the same thing? it said activated on EA's page so i should be set? any way to check via browser ?

desu

PatzCU said:
Well all we can hope for is that today's clusterfuck helps them sort out the issues. I have no doubt that release day will also suck, but hopefully it sucks slightly less.

After how much the alpha helped them :D?

My expectations for the final are rather. If they freaking enable the ability to have more than one soldier I might get the game on release to secure my name, otherwise well ... :D.

Backfoggen said:
Shit MoH:LE wasn't listed on my account page, even though I played it. Is that why I'm not getting a key? It also says that I never played online which isn't true.

Same for me, does not say "Limited Edition" although it was. It does show I played online though.

It feels very unfinished, even for a beta.

In just a few matches I have run into the following bugs:

-Not being able to aim down the sights.
-A couple of times the reload animation didn't show, but the gun still got reloaded.
-All the ambient audio dissapeared in one match, the only thing I could hear was my own and other peoples gunfire, no footstep sounds or background gunfire.
-Lots of little graphical glitches, for example in the subway if you stand close to the glass barriers at the ticket gates, you can see that your own gun goes halway through it but it doesn't brake (looks really bad)

aeiko

Banned
Menelaus said:
You have to enter it into Origin.

did i fuck myself over? i put the key in that ea site again.. and it says used. when i go home and download the origin client.. it should be activated already right?

soulassssns said:
What are you like 12 years old? Some people these days...

Dude, It's no wonder why Junior members get no respect around here. Piss off and stop giving us a bad name ! The guy who acted like an ass to the customer support lady was clearly in the wrong ... Why you would try to defend such an asshole is beyond me. But, Misery loves company, right ?

matt05891

aeiko said:
did i fuck myself over? i put the key in that ea site again.. and it says used. when i go home and download the origin client.. it should be activated already right?
Why don't you just wait and see when you get home rather then stressing over it in school?

AngelSoldier said:
Dude, It's no wonder why Junior members get no respect around here. Piss off and stop giving us a bad name ! The guy who acted like an ass to the customer support lady was clearly in the wrong ... Why you would try to defend such an asshole is beyond me. But, Misery loves company, right ?

Tissue use it!

This is what I asked him "He is an "asshole" why?"

and I got nothing.....

I also stated that I was unable to connect to the customer service and gave my reason as to why "I" say it is useless.

Stop being such an ASSHOLE!

Oozinator

Banned
I am pissed at false advertising from EA/DICE, they feature Battlefield 3 beta in MOH box, then way it's only 48 hours early access, then they don't send the codes to half eligible people.

faulty_fork said:
It feels very unfinished, even for a beta.

In just a few matches I have run into the following bugs:

-Not being able to aim down the sights.
-A couple of times the reload animation didn't show, but the gun still got reloaded.
-All the ambient audio dissapeared in one match, the only thing I could hear was my own and other peoples gunfire, no footstep sounds or background gunfire.
-Lots of little graphical glitches, for example in the subway if you stand close to the glass barriers at the ticket gates, you can see that your own gun goes halway through it but it doesn't brake (looks really bad)
FWIW Didn't DICE say the the beta client is actually a few weeks behind the current one in terms of bugs and glitches.

DryvBy

I got my beta instructions today and I was hoping it was going to be a key. I was just going to give it away. I have no intentions of playing the beta more than 1 round because I'll spoil my dinner if I play too much beta. I figured some poor Gaffer could use it. But EA won't allow this because it's tied into my PS3 account.

Sorry, poor gafs.

Top Bottom