• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

FINALBOSS

Banned
Gekko87 said:
thats what I'm saying. Some of you guys are freaking me out cause I got the email but there was no mention of a code in the email. Seems like its just Sony failing

How is it Sony failing?

It's probably easier to just upload the beta for everyone (since everyone will access it on Thursday) and restrict it only to people who have the MoH code activated on their account.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
FINALBOSS said:
How is it Sony failing?

It's probably easier to just upload the beta for everyone (since everyone will access it on Thursday) and restrict it only to people who have the MoH code activated on their account.
It's a failing on Sony's part since they don't have it up on the store yet.

Nizz

cobragt4001 said:
I got MOH LE recently and I remember the online pass code but nothing else. I might be in trouble because I haven't got a code emailed to me. I thought BF3 would just appear in the store and whoever has MOH LE can just dl it, if I'm not mistaken the BF3 beta is in the UK psn store but only MOH LE owners can dl it.
You're right, it was only the online pass code that was included. No need to enter a code for the PS3 beta of BF3. The email I got just says to go to the PSN store and it will be available to download.

FINALBOSS

Banned
RoboPlato said:
It's a failing on Sony's part since they don't have it up on the store yet.

I'm over it. I'm above the age of 10 so I have a little bit of patience.

Besides, it was terribly obvious days ago it wouldn't be up until the store updated anyways.

ClovingSteam said:
Um. I asked you that before you said you didn't realize he had edited his post.

Alright that guy "oozinator" was a real douche to that customer support person. I truely did not see his post prior to his editing it. So please lets end that discussion and move on.

Update: Sigh still no early access code for me.

All time low? Act now and you'll get "false hope" as a preorder bonus. LOL

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
FINALBOSS said:
I'm over it. I'm above the age of 10 so I have a little bit of patience.

Besides, it was terribly obvious days ago it wouldn't be up until the store updated anyways.
It's just a bit annoying, that's all. A lot of people, not so much here, are directing anger about the fact that the PS3 beta isn't up yet on DICE when it's Sony's fault.

purple cobra said:
You're right, it was only the online pass code that was included. No need to enter a code for the PS3 beta of BF3. The email I got just says to go to the PSN store and it will be available to download.
Ok cool well hopefully by the time I'm off its available.

Nizz

RoboPlato said:
It's just a bit annoying, that's all. A lot of people, not so much here, are directing anger about the fact that the PS3 beta isn't up yet on DICE when it's Sony's fault.
Any idea about what time does Sony update the store?

TheExodu5

Banned
Memory usage at 1080p, maxed settings, on a GTX 570:

mem.png

I have 1280MB of memory to play with. Cutting it close!

We'll see if it becomes an issue in retail... It may not. Out of experience, I find games seem to user more video memory if you have it available. For example, Modern Warfare would use less than the 512MB of VRAM I had maxed out on my 8800GT, but uses up nearly 900MB on my GTX 570.

Revenant

The sound is absolutely blowing me away, It's one thing to see a tracer round or two zip by you, but when you hear it zip by your head in this game you know its time to eat the pavement and get low.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
so far so bc3. even graphically, i'd be hard pressed to call the upgrade anything more than incremental. it certainly feels more nimble than bc2 though.

bring on conquest mode. playing this map on this mode and it's hard to be anything but underwhelmed after thirty hours of red orchestra 2 (warts and all).

it's definitely fun. but it's a very prescribed, deliberate, low level fun. not the kind of "found" fun that can only be attained through taming the game's mechanics that i so adore. yet i'm reminded of just how bad the bf2 gunplay was, even compared with its contemporaries, and how minor that became when placed into the scope of the game.

i'm hoping that when conquest mode fully reveals itself, the muted emotional response i'm getting from the beta so far will be similarly overshadowed.

JaskoX1

Banned
ClovingSteam said:
You have to forgive him. He had to endure LeBron James leaving, the Catch, the Shot, and many other kick in the balls over the years.
The Catch, The Drive, The Fumble, The Decision, The Move, The Play.

matt05891

I'm still waiting on a 360 code for MoH LE. Is there others here still with the same problem? None of my friends got it either and it's kinda ridiculous how supports like "well you'll get it just wait longer!" after waiting to talk for about an hour.

RoboPlato said:
Usually around 5 EST, sometimes earlier and sometimes later. It's not a set time.

SAYYYYY WHATTTTTTT !?

I work nights from 9PM to 7AM as a network admin, when I get home I go to sleep. When I wake up it's usually 2 ~ 3PM. The PSN for me is usually updated by then. Or maybe I'm dreaming, I coulda swore 2PM EST (11AM PST), was Update time ?

ghst said:
so far so bc3. even graphically, i'd be hard pressed to call the upgrade anything more than incremental. it certainly feels more nimble than bc2 though.

bring on conquest mode. playing this map on this mode and it's hard to be anything but underwhelmed after thirty hours of red orchestra 2 (warts and all).

it's definitely fun. but it's a very prescribed, deliberate, low level fun. not the kind of "found" fun that can only be attained through taming the game's mechanics that i so adore. yet i'm reminded of just how bad the bf2 gunplay was, even compared with its contemporaries, and how minor that became when placed into the scope of the game.

i'm hoping that when conquest mode fully reveals itself, the muted emotional response i'm getting from the beta so far will be similarly overshadowed.

Supposedly they limited the visuals even with everything on ultra to a level 3 (whatever that means) while the maximum is level 5.

Atruvius

To those PS3 players that have the beta. Have you tried when you recommend the beta to someone on your friends list. Maybe one could download it that way?

Oozinator

Banned
matt05891 said:
I'm still waiting on a 360 code for MoH LE. Is there others here still with the same problem? None of my friends got it either and it's kinda ridiculous how supports like "well you'll get it just wait longer!" after waiting to talk for about an hour.
Same here, where's our "48 hours early access" if they tell us to wait while the "early access" has already started ‽ ‽

JJD

I received e-mail from EA inviting me to play the beta too. Says all I gotta do is log on PSN, click in "View All by Title", choose "B" and click on Battlefield. I did all that and nothing... :-(

Another funny thing is that I bought MOH Tier 1 from the USA, and when I tried to sign in on the invite link the page that loaded was from the UK!

matt05891 said:

I got my code at around 11am EST. I haven't redeemed it yet because I'm at work until 5.

Ubersnug says the 360 is giving him the "Failed to connect to EA online" error which is probably true for most(if not all) 360 players currently. DICE and EA are aware and working on it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
kamspy said:
Got my MoH code from the steam summer sale.
So did I. Two keys indeed (one from the pre-order, other from MoH). Too bad a friend of mine wants it, otherwise i'd give it away here.

Nabs

JaskoX1 said:
Bullshit. I can't map my two mouse buttons on the controls. mx518.
Yeah. I'm using a program called x-mouse button control to handle that. Still can't toggle ADS without a AHK script.

Gekko87

FINALBOSS said:
How is it Sony failing?
I'm just frustrated that the beta isn't up yet. I can wait though...sorta

Izayoi said:
We need like a dedicated media thread or something.
BF3 is the first game I've seen on gaf that has 3+ threads. A media thread would be pretty cool I guess

Roche

Uh guys I just got back from chatting with an EA rep here's what she said

Kim:
Thank you for contacting Origin Help. My name is Kim. How may I assist you today?

you:
Hi Kim

you:
I was just contacting you guys to inquire about the BF3 early beta keys

you:
I pre ordered on the 2nd of this month and I was under the impression that a key was to be sent out today

you:
Just thought I'd ask what the status is on that as it's quite late in the day here

you:
And I still haven't gotten any emails about a key

Kim:
Can I get your order number please?

you:
Alright one moment

you:
ORDER NUMBER

Kim:
Thanks one moment please.

Kim:
I apologize the early beta access is available to US customers only. The open beta will be for all.

you:
Really?

Kim:
Correct.

you:
This wasn't made very clear while I was pre-ordering the game

you:
Specifically for this early beta access

you:
In fact I don't see any mention of this at all in the FAQ

you:
The only mention of the availiblity of the beta in the FAQ is this:

you:
In what territories is the BF3 Beta available? The Beta is available in North America, South America, Europe, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand

you:
Which makes no mention of the exclusion of Europe from this early access beta

Kim:
It will be for the open beta, the early beta access is for US customers only, I do apologize.

you:
So then there's nothing that can be done for it?

Kim:
I apologize I do not have the capability to grant access to the beta.
you:
Alright then thanks for your time anyway

Kim:
Thank you for contacting Origin and chatting with me. I do appreciate your time and have a great day!

Is there any truth in this?

Mikey Jr.

So BF3 isn't up on the US store?

Ohh thank God. Thought I was the only one. Whew.

So it updates tonight around 5pm est sometime?

Roche

TheExodu5 said:
I don't think so. European members have been receiving keys today.

That's what I thought too but why would EA support give me misinformation like that? Seems really unprofessional.

Top Bottom