• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Run-M-Run

• UMP: Increased the close range damage of the UMP but reduced its damage over range. The UMP now has a sweet spot in CQB but suffers compared to the PP2000 at longer ranges.

Unneccesary btw. You couldn't kill with it on longer ranges already, now it's going to be simply impossible.

• UMP: Increased the close range damage of the UMP but reduced its damage over range. The UMP now has a sweet spot in CQB but suffers compared to the PP2000 at longer ranges.

Unneccesary btw. You couldn't kill with it on longer ranges already, now it's going to be simply impossible.

which means they've succeeded in 'emphasizing it's role as a CQB weapon'

mr_nothin

Banned
It is stupid. This makes it so two bad engineers can take out a good heli team without even trying....

Helicopter battles are going to be stupid now and WTF at them allowing stingers to lock onto choppers at even lower altitudes....I completely agree with increasing it's lock-on distance but NOT the lower altitude. So we'll be even more vulnerable to RPGs,tank shells, AND infantry gunfire. How low do they want us to fly in order to use below radar? Might as well make a helicopter with wheels so we can drive on the ground.

Helicopters already had a hard time but now they've made it even worse by taking out the flares from the gunner position. They should have just made the cooldown even longer if it was a necessary change. Well, I am a person who just about only plays HC....so there's no vehicle health regen. They need to balance Normal and HC modes separately and stop trying to do a 1 size fits all change for both modes because it's never going to be balanced and they'll just keep this back & forth bullshit going forever. They also need to balance console and PC's separately to avoid the same thing.

It's completely stupid how many times this game's mechanics have had major overhauls. You pretty much have to learn everything from scratch everytime there's a patch.

How about showing the health of the vehicle you've damaged but has killed you, instead of the health of the driver?

No color change for friendly grenades?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Helicopter battles are going to be stupid now and WTF at them allowing stingers to lock onto choppers at even lower altitudes....I completely agree with increasing it's lock-on distance but NOT the lower altitude. So we'll be even more vulnerable to RPGs,tank shells, AND infantry gunfire. How low do they want us to fly in order to use below radar? Might as well make a helicopter with wheels so we can drive on the ground.

You DO know that Below Radar is for Air-to-Air missle systems, right? It's not supposed to work on G2A systems. That was a bug, not a feature, just look at the description on Battlelog. While I'm NOT a huge fan of the lack of chopper gunner flares, maybe the IR and zoom optics will finally get some use on the chopper now.

Other than that, I like the changes coming. Good to see that the SG553 gets YET ANOTHER buff (gun no one uses, lol) and a nice little nerf to the M16A3 and M4A1 (but a buff to the A4 and the M4). Only thing that's really missing is a Vertical recoil reduction to the FAMAS that Dice said was in the cards. The reload buff helps, but it really needs a bit less V recoil since it's uncontrolable even on single shot. Oh well, guess it's still a skillgun.

mr_nothin

Banned
You DO know that Below Radar is for Air-to-Air missle systems, right? It's not supposed to work on G2A systems. That was a bug, not a feature, just look at the description on Battlelog. While I'm NOT a huge fan of the lack of chopper gunner flares, maybe the IR and zoom optics will finally get some use on the chopper now.

Other than that, I like the changes coming. Good to see that the SG553 gets YET ANOTHER buff (gun no one uses, lol) and a nice little nerf to the M16A3 and M4A1 (but a buff to the A4 and the M4). Only thing that's really missing is a Vertical recoil reduction to the FAMAS that Dice said was in the cards. The reload buff helps, but it really needs a bit less V recoil since it's uncontrolable even on single shot. Oh well, guess it's still a skillgun.

It's not a bug and it's supposed to work against G2A system. Also, it IS a feature (it just wasnt a feature at launch)...they added it in a patch and probably just didnt get around to updating Battlelog (like they always do).

The feature was added in patch 1.04 and here is the exact line:
-Below Radar will now also prevent the lock on of Stinger and IGLA missiles.

Source: http://www.gamezone.com/products/battlefield-3/news/battlefield-3-patch-1-04-released-for-ps3

I also think the only reason for the "reload buffs" was to help fix the reload animation bugs where it looked like ppl were still shooting while reloading.
Yay at the M16A3 nerfs but they buffed the freakin m416 like hell by reducing recoil across the board. That'll be your new M16A3 and for the record,
I've been an m416 fanatic since a few weeks after BF3 release and I have 180 service stars with it. So this patch wont make me move to the m416...
it'll just make me even better with it. The m416 changes were totally unnecessary....hell, we even get a bipod buff for the m416.

I also dont get the penalty reduction for suppressors for a lot of guns. They're basically making the supp. more long range and negating the trade offs for having a supp.

sp3000

I bet choppers are going to sit unused at the base at this point. Utterly useless with all the nerfs that they have gotten

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Agreed 100%. The removal of gunner's flares probably doesn't nearly have the impact to console players. PC players have 20 more guys trying to kill you.

Still shouldn't be removed for all platforms.

Was playing with a friend today on PS3 and I took a helicopter that had ECM and flares out in about 30-50 after take-off

OG Kush

Need some help guys, any tips for flying on PC? I was fine on consoles but on PC its just weird with mouse and WASD. I keep having to do multiple swipes with the mouse and the mouse is just weird compared to a stick, any tips? Also how do I make tank turret move around fast, as once again I have to do a lot of swiping with the mouse when playing in a tank!
and anyway to make it easier to see people? The game is really dark in some places. i've messed around with brightness, but it just seems DICE do something with the contrast or gamma and you can't edit that with this game.

Need some help guys, any tips for flying on PC? I was fine on consoles but on PC its just weird with mouse and WASD. I keep having to do multiple swipes with the mouse and the mouse is just weird compared to a stick, any tips? Also how do I make tank turret move around fast, as once again I have to do a lot of swiping with the mouse when playing in a tank!
and anyway to make it easier to see people? The game is really dark in some places. i've messed around with brightness, but it just seems DICE do something with the contrast or gamma and you can't edit that with this game.

For the few times i try flying, i use wasd on left hand and arrow keys on right hand, its a decent amalgimation for me, but not the most ideal.

on a related topic, does the game recognize the 360 controller automatically, and can i have it so the controller works for flight vehicles only?

demolitio

Finally some good Armored Kill videos. Now I just have to make it another week until it hits PC. The AC-130 with 64 players will be amazing. It's also nice to see the CAS attack planes being used in the DLC since they were underused in vanilla BF3, especially for something that would be so damn important in a big battle.

Aviation nuts like me shall rejoice at the options plus the F-15 coming in another DLC pack later. I miss the good ol' flight sim days but BF has something they don't and that's real human players on the ground doing their own thing while you take them out.

I do hate the fact that the tank destroyers use the same cannon sounds as the normal tanks. I know it was hard for them to come up with a destroyer on the U.S. side due to just how dominant the Abrams is in all roles but I do like what they chose. I just hope to see more and more toys from other branches come to BF3 since we're missing out on some cool ones. I'm just happy they added the Air Force camo (ABU) in one of the updates for premium so I can represent my branch. :p

OG Kush

opened origin, updated BF3.. now battlelog says I need to update, I click the update button on battlelog which takes me origin and nothing... :/

Might have asked in another thread but is there a schedule when people usually play the game? Its rather fustrating trying to play any mode other than Rush/TDM with Pick Up Groups

mr_nothin

Banned
Honestly, I can still "manage" in the heli right now. But I'll tell you this, ECM is pretty much useless the way I'm playing now.

Wait until more people actually start finding out that they can lock on to you, literally, half way across the map again and that you only have 1 countermeasure and that below radar doesnt work for IGLAs/Stingers.....

As of right now, I can manage also. Actually, I can do more than manage...I'm still an awesome pilot. Even moreso because they fixed the soflam hitbox/damage bug and the friendly soflam lockons.

Liamario

Banned
Could all admins stop adding ridiculous restrictions to your servers....
I played a game earlier today and the following items were restricted- Sniper rifles, shotguns, a variety of assault rifles, all explosive projectiles (except grenades and including claymores and c4). I mean, talk about taking the fun out of the game! You're are in fact completely unbalancing the game at this point, especially when you have campers with LMGs and tripods with a whole section of a map covered.

Also, STOP BUNNY HOPPING!!!!

demolitio

gotta love those that complain about things that really are fine

No kidding. BF has always lived by the rock, paper, scissors gameplay yet everyone expects whatever they're using to trump everything else in the game that others use. Problem is DICE listens to those people too much and continue to break things that were fine as is. It's like they go from one extreme to another with vehicles and now choppers are swaying back to the fodder side.

OG Kush

one thing u gotta give them is that every few months you get a sort of new experience with the game, whether its for better or worse haha....
that leads me to another point that we're probably going to have to wait till decemember til this shit is fixed right?

anyone else find it annyoing how when you're shooting at someone and they vault over an obstacle they basically teleport a few feet forward, it really messes up your accuracy.

Liamario

Banned
I never understood why they "fixed" mortars. They were never any good in the first place and got old very fast. Any abuse has now been eliminated by preventing people using a mortar off map. Use one now and you're a neon sign.

Best part about Armored Kill? ATV's are back.

I know it will be different for the PC guys, but as an Xbox player, any impressions from PS3 players today?

sp3000

Hahaha wow choppers are hilariously useless now. Just killed about 5 in a row on an Oman server with jet. They can't even get to the first set of flags without being destroyed

Seanspeed

Banned
Hahaha wow choppers are hilariously useless now. Just killed about 5 in a row on an Oman server with jet. They can't even get to the first set of flags without being destroyed

It shouldn't have affected how easily they're taken down with a jet.... :/

U2NUMB

Top Bottom