• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

demolitio

If this game had ingame VOIP on PC, I'd recite lines from the AC-130 mission in COD4 anytime I'm in the gunship in BF3. I'd confuse and creep out a lot of people...

OG Kush

nope that's correct, there's 2 5 flag and 2 7 flag maps on PC iirc

I think only armored shield is 5 flag large, the rst are 7 on large.

Also Armored Shield rush the most unblanaced pile of shit i've ever played. No point trying to defend on that map.

yogloo

Using msconfig to load only the graphic and network driver, the game still crashed on me.
However, I noticed something weird. If I turn on deferred AA, the game crashes in less than 1 minute. If I turn it off, I can manage to play until the part where you climb out of the train before it crashes. Does anyone have any clue on why the game is crashing all the time for me?

Oni Jazar

So perhaps before calling BS you should actually try it yourself post helicopter nerf? It really has nothing to do with how good the pilot is or isn't. You swat them out of the air like flies.

Thanks for the suggestion. Uh.. I have. That's why I called bs

Using msconfig to load only the graphic and network driver, the game still crashed on me.
However, I noticed something weird. If I turn on deferred AA, the game crashes in less than 1 minute. If I turn it off, I can manage to play until the part where you climb out of the train before it crashes. Does anyone have any clue on why the game is crashing all the time for me?

Did you check your CPU and GPU temps?

TheMan

so, my 360 brethren. I have a shitty 20gb hard drive that's pretty much full, so clearing space for this game would be a pain in the ass.

bottom line, is this worth it? are the maps too big for their own good?

edit: wrong thread. sorry

Tanks feel a little more disposable on the AK maps since there are so many of them. I've been pretty successful using mines over the repair tool.

demolitio

Now this is BF. Maps look insanely beautiful, very large which leads to a lot of alternate routes on conquest but very dynamic gun battles in key areas, lots of vehicles, lots of fun, explosions, fun, more explosions, and then losing by 100 tickets... :p

This has some of the best gun battles in the game too on certain flags since some of them are like mini urban cities with lots of rooftop access, etc.

Ocho

I also have a 670 (evga ftw) and my game kept crashing with the newest beta drivers (forgot the version.. 606.04 maybe?). I reverted to a version prior to the newest ones and game works like a charm, now. I had no BRRRRR sound loops, though, it only crashed to desktop and "stopped working". So, check your temps and check your drivers.

Smokey

This is cool...I cannot join any server period. B2k, BF3, AK...it says connecting and comes back saying Game disconnected: could not join server.

yogloo

I also have a 670 (evga ftw) and my game kept crashing with the newest beta drivers (forgot the version.. 606.04 maybe?). I reverted to a version prior to the newest ones and game works like a charm, now. I had no BRRRRR sound loops, though, it only crashed to desktop and "stopped working". So, check your temps and check your drivers.

What do I use to log the cpu temp? Is there any application I can use to stress test the graphic card?

Nekrono

Anyone else experiencing pings in the 100+ range? Every server that comes up in Battlelog starts in the hundreds.

Usually I get results in the 50 range.

Ocho

What do I use to log the cpu temp? Is there any application I can use to stress test the graphic card?

Here you can find the tools I use: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33529144&postcount=1

Real Temp / HWMonitor can give you CPU temps (HWMonitor also handles GPU temps).

Prime95 to stress test your CPU and follow below for GPU stress testing:

mkenyon said:
If you want to cycle for extended stress tests use Uniengine Heaven on loop. Otherwise, 3DMark11 is a good 'un to use.

yogloo

Here you can find the tools I use: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33529144&postcount=1

Real Temp / HWMonitor can give you CPU temps (HWMonitor also handles GPU temps).

Prime95 to stress test your CPU and follow below for GPU stress testing:

It sounds to me like your CPU is unstable. Even if the temps are fine, your voltages may be off.

Thanks for all the recommendation. I think CPU should be fine as I usually use it for vray rendering which forces the cpu to go 100 percent up to a couple hours. But I will give it a try later or this is going to haunt me forever. BRRRRRRRRRRR. Sounds like the game is mocking me.

CatPee

Didn't dig it in the first couple of matches, but after a little bit of time I'm loving Armored Kill. Flag placement is much more satisfying than vanilla and the map design is excellent. C-130 is viable as a quick burst of air support, but otherwise doesn't feel too overpowered.

demolitio

16-0 with the artillery once I got the airburst unlock. Feels so good to see a town disappear as you see people scrambling from your shells bursting above them.

mr_nothin

Banned
Got my 190th Star/19,000th kill with the m416 tonight. Feels good man :)
Also broke into the top 100 with that too. Ranked 100 out of 426,676 for the m416 on bf3stats.

Lyonaz

Does anyone know a good tutorial on flying jets? Yesterday I met some guy who flew with no upgrades and he was absolutely ace with just his machinegun.

I'm gonna make a playlist with all the awesome songs from Topgun, Iron Eagle and Ace Combat to fly to.

So I bought the premium edition from origin and just downloaded it, now it's telling me I only have the original limited edition and have to pay extra for the premium stuff.. Anyone else have this issue?

Goldenhen

So I bought the premium edition from origin and just downloaded it, now it's telling me I only have the original limited edition and have to pay extra for the premium stuff.. Anyone else have this issue?
Check your email, iit should say you got refunded for preordered premium edition and gave you limited edition for free. And it should have a link to bf3 premium for $49.99.

Mazdarati

Neo Member
I love this map pack.

I love the M14.

What M14?

Didn't dig it in the first couple of matches, but after a little bit of time I'm loving Armored Kill. Flag placement is much more satisfying than vanilla and the map design is excellent. C-130 is viable as a quick burst of air support, but otherwise doesn't feel too overpowered.

Agreed. In the short time I got to play last night, the maps and vehicles are great. The C-130, in conquest, feels pretty balanced so far.

Randdalf

I naively hope that Battlefield 4 brings back commander mode for the PC version, I don't think that 64 players works very well at all without it. DICE's reasoning for removing it was because the commander spent all the time hiding, so they moved his capabilties to the squad leaders. I just think that the lack of the commander turns the game into something that was reasonably tactical (especially with the larger squads and greater number of class roles) into squad deathmatch. I remember having awesome times in Battlefield 2 playing as a squad, especially in Special Forces, flanking enemies and defending certain points (perhaps the larger maps had something to do with this also) following the commander's orders. In Battlefield 3, squad leaders can explicitly tell you to do 2 things: attack and defend, and very rarely do I see the latter picked. It's all about attack, attack, kill, kill, kill, AWARD UNLOCKED. It's depressing, and I know that Battlefield 4 won't bring back any of that because of how aggressively EA wants to make a new casualised shooter every year.

Check your email, iit should say you got refunded for preordered premium edition and gave you limited edition for free. And it should have a link to bf3 premium for $49.99.
Wtf, that's weird.. Also for some reason my mouse doesn't work properly on any of the in-game menus.. Makes it damn near impossible to navigate the options menu unless I go to windowed mode.. Can't believe a game this mature is this buggy. If I move the mouse a few inches down and to the right from the thing I want to click on it will THEN be highlighted.. But i can only move the mouse so far to the right and can't click on everything as a result.

yogloo

Cpu stress came back ok.
Crashed my computer during gpu stress test though. Last recorded *edit* GPU *edit* temp was at 80 degrees. I wonder if this was caused the PSU or the GPU.

Sethos

Banned
Crazy question, anyone know how I'm able to have a piece of video running when this game is running? VLC just pops up a vlc.exe has crashed when the game starts, MPC goes black screen until you tab out. Anyone messed with that?

MrBig

Crazy question, anyone know how I'm able to have a piece of video running when this game is running? VLC just pops up a vlc.exe has crashed when the game starts, MPC goes black screen until you tab out. Anyone messed with that?

Try running BF3 in windowed mode.

MrBig

Yeah no, something that actually allows me to run in full screen mode :p

You'll have to put up with it since BF3 lacks a fullscreen windowed mode. Even having your second monitor run off a different GPU (integrated gpu with game running on the dGPU) doesn't allow you to watch video while playing a fullscreen D3D game, it's constant stuttering.

Sethos

Banned
You'll have to put up with it since BF3 lacks a fullscreen windowed mode. Even having your second monitor run off a different GPU (integrated gpu with game running on the dGPU) doesn't allow you to watch video while playing a fullscreen D3D game, it's constant stuttering.

Erm, I'm playing tons of fullscreen games while watching movies without problems, BF3 is the only game I'm having problems with.

CatPee

is it just me or are these new maps REALLY laggy?

Laggy as in frame drops? If so, it's not surprising considering their enormous sizes. I notice less dips on this than Karkand maps though.

If you're referring to rubberbanding, that's probably just your connection.

EDIT: Ah, rubberbanding. Check on Speedtest and see if you get packet loss. You can still have great ping but loads of packet loss.

Top Bottom