• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

is it just me or are these new maps REALLY laggy?

i get a ping of about 20 or so and yet i still get rubber banding on these maps :(

I actually had the same happen occasionally, but it's really rare. But still, its even more rare on the other maps. Seems like they're pushing the servers a bit more then usual.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

i get a ping of about 20 or so and yet i still get rubber banding on these maps :(

I was riding in some guys jeep and it was rubberbanding around and I had a ping of 30 and no one on my team had a ping over 100.

(In Caspian Part 2).

Donos

Yesterday 2 of 3 server were toal laggy for me (like really bad lag). Then it got better. Now everything seems fine for me.

Best solution is a mouse that lets you change the DPI on the fly!

I'm old school:
125049-mircosoft-intellimouse-optical-3786.jpg

All skill baby!

lol

PatzCU

Nope, haven't had any lag/rubber-banding. In fact, I was getting horrible stuttering BEFORE the AK patch--AK patch seems to have fixed it.

I'm still getting the horrible stuttering. BF3 ran fine all year until early August, can't remember which patch. Now BF3 runs great for about 5 minutes and then descends into stuttering madness. I've tried updating drivers and all that jazz. Apparently it's a common problem judging by the 4,000ish-post thread on the official forums.

I'm still getting the horrible stuttering. BF3 ran fine all year until early August, can't remember which patch. Now BF3 runs great for about 5 minutes and then descends into stuttering madness. I've tried updating drivers and all that jazz. Apparently it's a common problem judging by the 4,000ish-post thread on the official forums.

Make sure you're not hitting the VRAM cap. That's what happened to me, had to decrease textures from ULTRA to high.

PatzCU

Make sure you're not hitting the VRAM cap. That's what happened to me, had to decrease textures from ULTRA to high.

I'll check it out when I get home. Would this account for the game only stuttering AFTER several minutes of play?

Just weird that I never had these issues until recently.

I'll check it out when I get home. Would this account for the game only stuttering AFTER several minutes of play?

Just weird that I never had these issues until recently.

Yes because the game doesn't load everything at once, I'm also pretty sure it doesn't "clean" the ram as well as it should.

PatzCU

Thanks for the replies all! I will try turning down texture quality and see where it gets me. Really appreciate the help!

Getting flown on an helicopter, moon at the side, the mountains, a jet getting shot down. It's... beautiful...

2012-09-13_00008l3jhp.jpg

Only in battlefield.

Bonus pic WoodenLung going to play in a puddle by the moonlight.

2012-09-13_00010ukkqe.jpg

Anson225

hi everyone

does anybody have an issue with the option antialiasing deferred?
basically if I turn it on, the graphics goes brighter and it looks weird/smokey at in door
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYDMTCPGLTg

it's exactly like the video above (not mine)

i'm using a gtx 670 so hopefully it's not the card's issue...

(also in the video it says that it only happens after the recent patch? i wouldn't know cause i just bought the premium edition)

anyway, thank you in advance!

Sethos

Banned
Does DICE have an email where they take suggestions for the game or is everything done through their forum? Posted a thread but it'll probably vanish soon in a sea of frothing kids :p

Arucardo

hi everyone

does anybody have an issue with the option antialiasing deferred?
basically if I turn it on, the graphics goes brighter and it looks weird/smokey at in door
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYDMTCPGLTg

it's exactly like the video above (not mine)

i'm using a gtx 670 so hopefully it's not the card's issue...

(also in the video it says that it only happens after the recent patch? i wouldn't know cause i just bought the premium edition)

anyway, thank you in advance!

Make sure you don't have other anti aliasing settings interfering with the game from the Nvidia control panel and trying the latest beta drivers might be a good idea too.

I have a 670 but I haven't encountered this problem myself, is it the same in multiplayer?

Sethos

Banned
Exactly this, sadly.
Well, they also have a GetSatisfaction page.

GetSatisfaction - I'm assuming it's some kind of feedback server of sorts?

This is the suggestion in question: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489956995125/ Got it kickedstarted with a SimHQ post but the game would truly shine with a mode like that.

EDIT: Found that GetSatisfaction, posted it there as well https://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/no_respawn_gamemodes

Anson225

Make sure you don't have other anti aliasing settings interfering with the game from the Nvidia control panel and trying the latest beta drivers might be a good idea too.

I have a 670 but I haven't encountered this problem myself, is it the same in multiplayer?

indeed that was the problem! i realized i turned on the triple buffering in the Nvidia control panel... thanks for the help!

Getting flown on an helicopter, moon at the side, the mountains, a jet getting shot down. It's... beautiful...

[IM'G]http://www.abload.de/img/2012-09-13_00008l3jhp.jpg[/IMG]

Only in battlefield.

Bonus pic WoodenLung going to play in a puddle by the moonlight.

[IM']http://www.abload.de/img/2012-09-13_00010ukkqe.jpg[/IMG]

Running mindlessly to enemy vehicles is a special of mine.

What are the best light machine guns?

The PKP Pecheneg is a beast. Lay down with it at either end of the locker room in Metro and be amazed as people inexplicably rush towards you and get cut down in a hail of lead. Squeeze off a burst on the run and boom! headshots. Watch the suppression ribbons pile up. Curse at randoms for not taking advantage of suppression and pressing towards flags. Equip extended mags and never keep your finger off the trigger. Ignore GAF complaints about the noise.

mr_nothin

Banned
The PKP Pecheneg is a beast. Lay down with it at either end of the locker room in Metro and be amazed as people inexplicably rush towards you and get cut down in a hail of lead. Squeeze off a burst on the run and boom! headshots. Watch the suppression ribbons pile up. Curse at randoms for not taking advantage of suppression and pressing towards flags.

1 m320 from me will stuff your face and make you STFU with all that LMG racket.

GetSatisfaction - I'm assuming it's some kind of feedback server of sorts?

This is the suggestion in question: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489956995125/ Got it kickedstarted with a SimHQ post but the game would truly shine with a mode like that.

EDIT: Found that GetSatisfaction, posted it there as well https://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/no_respawn_gamemodes

I've always wanted a no respawn rush mode. That would be pretty awesome.

Sethos

Banned

Log in and vote / comment then my good man, while this probably won't get much traction at least a bit of attention to the idea could catch the eye of DICE.

I know it's a long shot but I'd love to see modes like that, would turn this game into game of the century in a heartbeat for me.

mr_nothin

Banned
You'd think! Hell, why not just take the alternate route and come take my tags? I'm usually lying in the middle of the street. But, nope, just keep running at my bullets, randoms.

It never fails how ppl think their LMG + Bipod + Crouch will save them in the lockers.

The PKP Pecheneg is a beast. Lay down with it at either end of the locker room in Metro and be amazed as people inexplicably rush towards you and get cut down in a hail of lead. Squeeze off a burst on the run and boom! headshots. Watch the suppression ribbons pile up. Curse at randoms for not taking advantage of suppression and pressing towards flags. Equip extended mags and never keep your finger off the trigger. Ignore GAF complaints about the noise.

Lol, I am using that too, but I was looking for something lighter that is accurate while I'm on the run. Pecheneg is only good when you have bipods and shoot stationary. :)

It never fails how ppl think their LMG + Bipod + Crouch will save them in the lockers.

Because it usually does (+ Prone, anyway). Most everyone else thinks if they just peek. slowly. around. the. corner. they can shoot me in the head. We're talking randoms, here.

Lol, I am using that too, but I was looking for something lighter that is accurate while I'm on the run. Pecheneg is only good when you have bipods and shoot stationary. :)

The L86A2 is pretty good. But, I'm always amazed at the number of times I hipfire the PKP and someone drops dead from a headshot.

Arucardo

That would be awesome, another way to do it is either have everyone respawn when one point gets destroyed or only when both points get destroyed.

Also, maybe attackers should have one or two (I'm thinking one is enough) waves of reinforcements for balance since defending is a lot easier than attacking. (defenders get no respawns). The reinforcements could be timed waves so not everyone on the attackers side get to respawn just the ones that charge in first.

mr_nothin

Banned
That would be awesome, another way to do it is either have everyone respawn when one point gets destroyed or only when both points get destroyed.

Also, maybe attackers should have one or two (I'm thinking one is enough) waves of reinforcements for balance since defending is a lot easier than attacking. (defenders get no respawns). The reinforcements could be timed waves so not everyone on the attackers side get to respawn just the ones that charge in first.

No waves of reinforcements for just one side. Best way to do it would be to allow Defenders & Attackers the chance to respawn after each set of Mcoms is destroyed. That's if there was any respawning allowed at all in the 1st place ;)

Maybe it should be a true-to-heart no respawn mode but that could last pretty long if they match is drawn out all the way to the end.

Just bought Premium on a whim (I'm a horrible compulsive buyer), so I am hoping it will be worth it.

Anyway, what are the best weapons to start unlocking first?

Arucardo

No waves of reinforcements for just one side. Best way to do it would be to allow Defenders & Attackers the chance to respawn after each set of Mcoms is destroyed. That's if there was any respawning allowed at all in the 1st place ;)

Maybe it should be a true-to-heart no respawn mode but that could last pretty long if they match is drawn out all the way to the end.

Defenders would win 95% rounds without any respawns I think.

Donos

joined WoddenLung on a webhallen server yesterday. The webhallen admins take it very serious with everyone beeing polite. Joining with name "stinkyass" or something? BANNED.

Arucardo

Attackers wont be able to just rush in. You'll also still have the ability to revive teammates within a certain time limit. It would slow the game down a lot, which is the point I think.

You'd have every attacker sitting in the base with an 8x/12x scope. I'm not saying this just to argue about it, but I feel if the attackers are on equal ground against the defenders they lack the incentive to risk an attack and end up sitting at spawn. I've witnessed this ordeal enough times in Red Orchestra (2).

The reviving might alleviate it but then you'd end up with almost the whole team being assaults and witnessing a "revive train" every now and then which in my opinion breaks the point of the game mode.

The whole no respawn thing would be awesome and interesting in conquest though.

joined WoddenLung on a webhallen server yesterday. The webhallen admins take it very serious with everyone beeing polite. Joining with name "stinkyass" or something? BANNED.
Webhallen hardcore servers are awesome :p you get DICE devs visiting too once in a while.

Also, if anyone plays hardcore on EU servers feel free to friend me (same nick)

mr_nothin

Banned
You'd have every attacker sitting in the base with an 8x/12x scope. I'm not saying this just to argue about it, but I feel if the attackers are on equal ground against the defenders they lack the incentive to risk an attack and end up sitting at spawn. I've witnessed this ordeal enough times in Red Orchestra (2).

The reviving might alleviate it but then you'd end up with almost the whole team being assaults and witnessing a "revive train" every now and then which in my opinion breaks the point of the game mode.

The whole no respawn thing would be awesome and interesting in conquest though.

Webhallen hardcore servers are awesome :p you get DICE devs visiting too once in a while.

Also, if anyone plays hardcore on EU servers feel free to friend me (same nick)
And attackers already sit in the base with 8x/12x scopes even with 300 tickets on RUSH. People are pretty stupid in BF3. The revive train would be pretty easy to defend against since it'll make ppl really vulnerable. They only have one life* so they're not really going to take the risk as much.

HC mode is the best mode in BF3....PERIOD. YEA I SAID IT

FStop7

Banned
Guys, I can't take solo pubbling any more. I want to beat my head against the wall by the end of the night. I need a group of people to play with together as a team. I am not pretending to be any good at this game at all, I just need people to work with. I wasted so much time last night painting targets with the SOFLAM and yet nobody fired on them. On a side with like 20+ engineers nary a rocket was fired.

Arucardo

And attackers already sit in the base with 8x/12x scopes even with 300 tickets on RUSH. People are pretty stupid in BF3. The revive train would be pretty easy to defend against since it'll make ppl really vulnerable. They only have one life* so they're not really going to take the risk as much.

HC mode is the best mode in BF3....PERIOD. YEA I SAID IT
Hell yes, couldn't agree more!

It was all I played in BC2 also, normal just doesn't do it for me.

What are the differences between Normal and Hardcore again? I've only played one or two matches of HC and that was a while ago.

I know it has:
- No 3D spotting.
- No third-person vehicle cam.

- Less health?
- No HUD?

Smokey

wow i wonder if this is what is happening to me on my GTX 690 (I play at 2560x1600)...Was annoying the hell out of me yesterday...my VRAM was at 1.9gb/2gb

Will pop in my 3GB 580s to test this out..but I thought BF3 only used what you had available and would change depending on your total VRAM?

Top Bottom