• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Hey GAF, Im going to purchase this for PC (BF3 PRemium Edition). Console player, finally converting. Any reason to expect a price drop anytime soon?

Run-M-Run

I'm just gonna say, personally, I had the most fun with CQ and the tighter combat focused B2K maps. Aftermath had it right with mid range combat because that's where the spread and aim matter and it feels like the gameplay was focused there, but otherwise the rest of the DLC has been a bit iffy. Especially Armored Kill, what a horrible piece of DLC. I's been a nice game but the expectations for the DLC's might have been a bit too high considering the original focus on the day1 maps.

Oh and lest we forget, this is PC pespective, it's wholly clear where the limitations of consoles affect all the versions. It's a shame really.

zychi

Banned
I am TERRIBLE at air superiorty. Any suggestions, or video links to help me get better? I went 2 for 11 earlier on a random server.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I'm just gonna say, personally, I had the most fun with CQ and the tighter combat focused B2K maps. Aftermath had it right with mid range combat because that's where the spread and aim matter and it feels like the gameplay was focused there, but otherwise the rest of the DLC has been a bit iffy. Especially Armored Kill, what a horrible piece of DLC. I's been a nice game but the expectations for the DLC's might have been a bit too high considering the original focus on the day1 maps.

Oh and lest we forget, this is PC pespective, it's wholly clear where the limitations of consoles affect all the versions. It's a shame really.
On the PC it's pretty much all AK, Karkand and vanilla air maps. And Metro 24/7 servers, for some bizarre reason.

I am TERRIBLE at air superiorty. Any suggestions, or video links to help me get better? I went 2 for 11 earlier on a random server.

Don't play it. It's filled with seasoned pilots and you will get destroyed. Even the best guys die often in AS. Play in the jets on other maps or flight servers, because AS can become incredible frustrating.

Hellcrow

If you are holding the flag, and is bored, DO NOT FUCKING RETURN TO THE ENEMY BASE TO TAKE BACK OUR FLAG. I was alone in their base as a recon, while the enemy flag holder was sitting in a jeep. Luckily, a friendly engineer popped up, and blew it up. After clearing the area, we finally managed to drop our flag. Just when the our flag returns, our flag carrier comes jumping into the enemy base on a dirt bike because he was bored holding on to it. Thanks for nothing!

Bought this today for PC just to play 64 player CQ maps, and am shocked to see such few servers showing up with no one playing the maps I want. I am really shocked - are my settings wrong?

I have no problem finding an endless list on PlayStation, what's up with my servers??

CatPee

You need to actually use the filter settings. Check the boxes for desired game modes, player counts, open slots left, etc. Server browser is just strange like that on Battlelog.

You need to actually use the filter settings. Check the boxes for desired game modes, player counts, open slots left, etc. Server browser is just strange like that on Battlelog.

Im playing around with a bunch of them yet the first 4 are fullish, then everything else is empty.

Donos

Bought this today for PC just to play 64 player CQ maps, and am shocked to see such few servers showing up with no one playing the maps I want. I am really shocked - are my settings wrong?

I have no problem finding an endless list on PlayStation, what's up with my servers??

It's shitty battlelog. Set as few filters as possible. With more filters Battlelog shows maybe 10 % of the possible servers. There are tons of server with people for all DLCs and maps.

None of the maps stuck out for me beside Nebanda Flat. The feel like smaller AK maps. Would say that Aftermath is still the best DLC. CTF is fun but i have to check out which playercount is the best.

derFeef

Can someone help me? Getting since endgame...

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'derFeef' (for 0 minutes) ... This PB Server Requires (A1386 C2.325) - Error loading pbcl

Already re-installed PB but nothing helps.

edit: I fucking hate PB.

mr_nothin

Banned

People tend to move onto whatever new DLC is out. Default maps are pretty much deserted right now.

People tend to move onto whatever new DLC is out. Default maps are pretty much deserted right now.

Yup, well, except for Metro. People will still be playing that till the day BF4 comes out, probably long after that actually. I understand it's appeal, but it gets tedious rather quickly.

KyleN

Banned
Some close-ups on some of the dino easter eggs in the new desert map:
ibfVQxQOGeApmP.jpg

iGYqeqgMDHYFs.jpg

iZFQPWq6nGBfZ.jpg

On the PC tons of servers have nothing but the vanilla maps in rotation and they are more than busy enough. People just need to learn to filter better and also to scroll down on their battlelog to add larger amount of servers to their searches.

Lot of servers for first few weeks go exclusive to the new DLC but will change back to more variety soon after.

So I set my filters according to some thread on Battlelog, seem to be getting a decent list, but I'm honestly shocked that the PS3 servers are much more varied, and seemingly much bigger.

Regardless, I'd like to add some of you to play with on Origin if that's OK. PM me your ID's if you like.

Ocho

So I set my filters according to some thread on Battlelog, seem to be getting a decent list, but I'm honestly shocked that the PS3 servers are much more varied, and seemingly much bigger.

Regardless, I'd like to add some of you to play with on Origin if that's OK. PM me your ID's if you like.

North America? Add codeocho.

These new maps f'ing suck for Rush. It gives you no incentive other than being in a piece of armor or sniping from spawn. Unless you like running 500 yards naked through an open field.

This is going to sound silly, but after making the switch, the game is too fast and smooth for me lol. I can barely get a kill without moving my mouse wildly. Guess it needs time to get used to.

CatPee

24>64? :p

But seriously, Battlelog server browser sucks. It's never capable of displaying all the servers available within your filters, let alone then entire server list. Favorite servers that suit your tastes because there's no guarantee it'll show up again the next time you're itching to play even if your filter settings are identical.

This is going to sound silly, but after making the switch, the game is too fast and smooth for me lol. I can barely get a kill without moving my mouse wildly. Guess it needs time to get used to.

Turn down sensitivity.

Played some of the new maps last night, nothing really stands out yet. The bikes are fun enough. Also air superiority really shows how terrible I am in the jets, after 5 minutes of getting owned I gave up.

CatPee

Air Superiority is full of bads.

Surprisingly, it's better for racking up points than Op. Metro. ~15,000 points not including awards in 30 minutes is pretty good.

Top Bottom