• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Dacon

Banned
God the grenade launcher spam is terrible.

Anyway I'd love to play with some of you guys on pc sometime.

My soldier's name is KINGDAIGO2010

G_Berry

Banned
Hardly anyone uses bi pods because the suppression mechanic is practically useless given that the damage is so low and the net code is still pretty bad.

In the Alpha, the suppression mechanic was great due to the high damage model. You thought twice about running out in the open while the bullets were flying over head. Now it's, bullets? Who gives a shit, I'm gonna run across that street and jump crouch my way to victory while taking a few rounds in the head for safe measure.

Dacon

Banned
Hardly anyone uses bi pods because the suppression mechanic is practically useless given that the damage is so low and the net code is still pretty bad.

In the Alpha, the suppression mechanic was great due to the high damage model. You thought twice about running out in the open while the bullets were flying over head. Now it's, bullets? Who gives a shit, I'm gonna run across that street and jump crouch my way to victory while taking a few rounds in the head for safe measure.

I have to agree. I used to be really good with the LMGs now I feel like they're just useless now unless I just camp somewhere with the bipod.

Trying to unlock attachment for them is taking really long now :/

Now it's, bullets? Who gives a shit, I'm gonna run across that street and jump crouch my way to victory while taking a few rounds in the head for safe measure.

Indirectly related:

Was playing Medal of Honor's campaign last night and was frankly a bit shocked by how much better the sound is. Yeah, you heard me right. Specifically when you get shot, in MOH it's this "SMACK!! SMACK!!" - loud, unsettling, violent; it actually makes you not want to get shot. BF3 is very tame and game-ish by comparison, much less intense.

I have to agree. I used to be really good with the LMGs now I feel like they're just useless now unless I just camp somewhere with the bipod.

Trying to unlock attachment for them is taking really long now :/

PKP. All I'm gonna say.

Also, I keep getting reminded that I was wrong - Footsteps from enemies are NOT audible. This explains why even with my sound setup, I hear nothing until the guy behind me stabs me in the back with a knife. It's bullshit.

Fix the sound mixing so I can hear footsteps, DICE.

Sign into battlelog click the yellow button on the left side of the main page that says "Quick Match". Presto! No cutscenes!

Nah I meant in the campaign. In other news my enjoyment of the game has skyrocketed since I discovered a Russian language option. Russian makes everything cooler.

Here's a question . . . what mouse sensitivity do you guys use. I've been struggling to find that 'sweet spot' over the last few days. I think I prefer a lower sensitivity, since if you get caught from the side or back in this game you're pretty much done for and I do prefer precision shooting, but I get pissed off if i lose a close up fight because i didn't turn fast enough.

Dacon

Banned
PKP. All I'm gonna say.

Also, I keep getting reminded that I was wrong - Footsteps from enemies are NOT audible. This explains why even with my sound setup, I hear nothing until the guy behind me stabs me in the back with a knife. It's bullshit.

Fix the sound mixing so I can hear footsteps, DICE.

That one works pretty well on 360.

I haven't unlocked it in PC yet.

Also I'm finding it fucking ridiculous the amount of bullets I can put into a guy before he kills me with the USAS. Gun is fucking ridiculous.

Few things from Demize:

Playtested the accessories changes yesterday for several hours. Big buffs to heavy barrel and flash suppressor seem to have converts.

Finally, thanks to whoever linked me to the awesome video analysis of shotguns. I've taken direct action on the great suggestions.

He's referring to this:http://dontrevivemebro.com/2012/01/nitro-analysis-episode-2-shotgun-ammunitions/

Oh and for those who hate the USAS with Frag, the USAS didn't have the reduced frag rate of fire like others. Expect that to be fixed.

Deadly

I've tried frag rounds USAS and I honestly didn't see a difference with the buckshot. I actually found frag rounds to be slightly weaker vs single targets but from what I understand it seems to do some AOE damage which would make it better in crowds?

Hmm very interesting video

I've tried frag rounds USAS and I honestly didn't see a difference with the buckshot. I actually found frag rounds to be slightly weaker vs single targets but from what I understand it seems to do some AOE damage which would make it better in crowds?

Hmm very interesting video

once you put on a 4x zoom to the usas you realize the frag rounds travel in a virtual shell/ball form. so you can hit people pretty damn far with them.

Deadly

once you put on a 4x zoom to the usas you realize the frag rounds travel in a virtual shell/ball form. so you can hit people pretty damn far with them.
I never tried shooting people from far with frag rounds. I'll give it a shot when my video card comes back and I can play again.

Few more things from Demize on accessory changes:

Just so we are clear: The accessory balance goal is to give each accessory a playstyle. Foregrip + Suppressor will be the clear CQB combo.

Heavy barrel long range, and fash suppressor midrange. Expect a full, detailed description of the change when it goes live.

@oshrilkal Laser is the Run and Gun king.

The suppressor is stealth but short ranged, @chautemoc Another option would be the Laser Sight for greater hip accuracy.

Kak.efes

I never tried shooting people from far with frag rounds. I'll give it a shot when my video card comes back and I can play again.

Prior to the IRNV nerf, I was outsniping snipers with frag rounds.

ScreenShot2012-01-06at35700PM.png

That one works pretty well on 360.

I haven't unlocked it in PC yet.

Also I'm finding it fucking ridiculous the amount of bullets I can put into a guy before he kills me with the USAS. Gun is fucking ridiculous.

USAS is fucking broken. The fact that a shotgun beats my PKP 100 feet away... and he pretty much 1 hits me... so bullshit. Cheapest deaths for me are from USAS assholes.

Facism

just unlocked the USAS. My god.

Also, came across a squad that had 2 guys repairing the venom chopper. Would not go down after being hit with 2 rockets + 2 seconds of minigun fire. fucking jokes.

commedieu

Banned
Is there any chance that I can unlock the M4 for assault class? Is there any point to where you get all the guns for any class...?

Facism

Soflam + Javelin. Game, Set, Match

public games. Game, Set, Match :p I set soflams up, asked people to get their javalins out, especially the people complaining about apparently immortal choppers. Nobody bothers. doesn't help that apparently nobody from Euro GAF plays this anymore :(

Wish tracer dart was back.

Cobra84

It is taking them way to long to do obvious balance changes. I could have balanced the game better at release than what dice has done after several patches. There are weapons, attachments, specializations, and even classes that are clearly better than he rest.

Who is going to be anything but an engineer or support (for real reasons)? Who is going to use anything but a suppressor when there is unnecessary CoD style mini-map audio spotting? Who is going to use a bipod when the grip does the same thing all the time? Who is going to use a heavy barrel with no noticeable upside and noticeable downside? Why are semi auto and full auto shotguns using the same ammo stats?

Divius

*winning theme*

"Your team lost"

Ahyhxhxhchjdjagagagggagagsgsghshs.....
pnoyf.png

Anyway, I played some Conquest Metro today for the first time in a long, long time. Russians had B, we (US) couldn't get through. Nades, M320's, RPG on infantry and revives were the order of the day. You know how it goes.

Suddenly a couple of dudes start popping smoke and try to push through, I follow behind (all alone ;_;) and see those smoking dudes dying left and right while I fucking sprint past enemies.

So now I am at A, all alone, slowly capturing it. "Flag has been neutralized" >inb4 shitstorm, and yes, what feels like the entire fucking RU team collapses on A, I manage to take a few out but get killed when I get zergrushed by 6 or 7 guys. Now, the US team pushes through, takes B, we take A, and baserape those sneaky fucking Russians like there is no tomorrow.

I fucking hate Metro.

pnoyf.png

Anyway, I played some Conquest Metro today for the first time in a long, long time. Russians had B, we (US) couldn't get through. Nades, M320's, RPG on infantry and revives were the order of the day. You know how it goes.

Suddenly a couple of dudes start popping smoke and try to push through, I follow behind (all alone ;_;) and see those smoking dudes dying left and right while I fucking sprint past enemies.

So now I am at A, all alone, slowly capturing it. "Flag has been neutralized" >inb4 shitstorm, and yes, what feels like the entire fucking RU team collapses on A, I manage to take a few out but get killed when I get zergrushed by 6 or 7 guys. Now, the US team pushes through, takes B, we take A, and baserape those sneaky fucking Russians like there is no tomorrow.

I fucking hate Metro.
i was expecting you to say 'i love Metro' at the end.

Aesthet1c

Has anyone else been experiencing hard freezes with this game?

I'm playing on an 8800 GT, and a Core 2 Duo, and while the game runs great at low setting, I can only play for like 20-30 minutes before the game freezes and my computer completely locks up.

Anyone else experience this?

It is taking them way to long to do obvious balance changes. I could have balanced the game better at release than what dice has done after several patches. There are weapons, attachments, specializations, and even classes that are clearly better than he rest.

Who is going to be anything but an engineer or support (for real reasons)? Who is going to use anything but a suppressor when there is unnecessary CoD style mini-map audio spotting? Who is going to use a bipod when the grip does the same thing all the time? Who is going to use a heavy barrel with no noticeable upside and noticeable downside? Why are semi auto and full auto shotguns using the same ammo stats?

Disagree strongly. I tailor my loading to what role I'm going to be playing, and use the bipod and FS often. I also hate playing as engineer . . . I don't like that classes weapons.

Prelithe

I'm playing on an 8800 GT, and a Core 2 Duo, and while the game runs great at low setting, I can only play for like 20-30 minutes before the game freezes and my computer completely locks up.

Happened to me as well (although my freezes were more like 5-10 mins). My graphics card was O/Ced (factory) so I underclocked it and no freezes.

What temp is your 8800gt running at? That card is notorious for running super hot. It might just be reaching too high of a temperature.

Aesthet1c

What temp is your 8800gt running at? That card is notorious for running super hot. It might just be reaching too high of a temperature.

I have no idea, I'll have to check. I've never had temp problems with this card in the past.. But then again, I know BF3 is super taxing, especially on a low end card like mine.

Also, it's not overclocked, I'm just running at factory settings.

I have no idea, I'll have to check. I've never had temp problems with this card in the past.. But then again, I know BF3 is super taxing, especially on a low end card like mine.

Also, it's not overclocked, I'm just running at factory settings.

I use GPUZ to check my temps. I had an 8800gt before my current 5770. It would get so, so hot, up to 80c when I was playing crysis for example. Mine as also just running at factory settings and not OC'd at all. Whereas my 5770 never goes above 50c and is certainly much more quiet than that jet engine of an 8800gt that I had. 8800gt is a solid card though, other than the temperature and fan noise.

Definitely run your temp program of choice while playing BF3 for 15-20 minutes (before it locks up) and see how high it is getting.

Aesthet1c

I use GPUZ to check my temps. I had an 8800gt before my current 5770. It would get so, so hot, up to 80c when I was playing crysis for example. Mine as also just running at factory settings and not OC'd at all. Whereas my 5770 never goes above 50c and is certainly much more quiet than that jet engine of an 8800gt that I had. 8800gt is a solid card though, other than the temperature and fan noise.

Definitely run your temp program of choice while playing BF3 for 15-20 minutes (before it locks up) and see how high it is getting.

Thanks for the help! I'll give GPUZ a shot when I get home.

RiverBed

Banned
Okay, seriously now, how hard is it to not joing gamers to a session that is 5 seconds from expiring? I sometimes get logged in the smoke screen AFTER the win/lose declaration appears. Seriously?

Divius

Okay, seriously now, how hard is it to not joing gamers to a session that is 5 seconds from expiring? I sometimes get logged in the smoke screen AFTER the win/lose declaration appears. Seriously?
I joined a server yesterday and I neither lost nor won, all I got was +200 additional points. /shrugs

Seanspeed

Banned
Okay, seriously now, how hard is it to not joing gamers to a session that is 5 seconds from expiring?
I wouldn't mind it that much if it were possible to exit out. But nope. You are now locked in to spend the next couple minutes waiting for the next match.

This is probably my single biggest complaint with the game other than having to unlock basic shit for vehicles.

MrBig

I wouldn't mind it that much if it were possible to exit out. But nope. You are now locked in to spend the next couple minutes waiting for the next match.

This is probably my single biggest complaint with the game other than having to unlock basic shit for vehicles.

Yes indeed. There should be a ticket counter and time elapsed in the server browser (not hidden behind an extra button click).

You should also be able to access the menu and customize loadout during post-game. That countdown just waists a lot of time.

People on the losing team quit just before the round ends because they think it'll preserve their win/loss ratio. That's why it's so common to be trying to join a server and suddenly get hit with a "your team lost" screen. On the bright side, taking advantage of this phenomenon is often the only way to get into an otherwise full game.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got the L85A2. Worst assignment ever.

Can I destroy a MAV or EOD-bot for the repair torch assignment or does it have to be a jeep/lav/tank?

Top Bottom