• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Wthermans

Banned
Got my longest headshot tonight while screwing around with sniper. City to US Carrier on Oman. 1243.8 meters. Crazy that someone on PC has a 4000 meter headshot.

Dacon

Banned
This Game is torture playing solo.

And fuck the people who use the MAV to get on top of the buildings on Karkand.

The only mode I can play and have some fun solo is TDM, but I agree, FUCK that shit.

Fucking snipers love doing that crap.

Has anyone got any tips for playing conquest on Metro in regards to sneaking to one of the capture points?

Some times I try and use smoke and then run but people see me.

Has anyone got any tips for playing conquest on Metro in regards to sneaking to one of the capture points?

That's pretty much it. Run up the second (rear) set of stairs, smoking the whole way (use the perk for extra) and just fucking run for it. Helps if someone has squad sprint, of course.

Just quit out, the map is garbage. If they trash talk, who cares. It's the internet; it doesn't matter at all.

That's pretty much it. Run up the second (rear) set of stairs, smoking the whole way (use the perk for extra) and just fucking run for it. Helps if someone has squad sprint, of course.

Ive thought about mabye poping a smoke grenade up at the first set of stairs as a decoy then doing it at the rear ones.

Just quit out, the map is garbage. If they trash talk, who cares. It's the internet; it doesn't matter at all.

Garbage is a bit harsh.
Its a good map to rank up quicker.

learn to play.

DICE wouldn't keep it in the game if they didnt want you to do it.

not only that, but (at least on console) you couldn't lift yourself at launch. but after the patch, you can!

sounds legit to me!

some team did that stuff on Karkand... easy win + some mortar kills.

So is the MG36 glitched? Because this kept happening:

I also managed to do the c4 glitch by mistake. Weird day for me to play Support class I guess.

Wthermans

Banned
I really love Karkand and Sharqi. So awesome having so many buildings to hide in. I can't stand playing the old maps anymore. :(

I think I ran into a cheaters or a team who had 2 people glitching really bad. These 2 guys would not die at all. Would take a team of 3 people laying bullets into them for a good 30 seconds to bring one of them down. They also single handily brought their team back from a 250 to 100 deficit and won the match. Anyone else experienced this on the 360? I know it was in the beta but in my 40 hours plus playing BF3 I've never ran into this problem.

JJBro One

how is it that this game emphasizes team effort and collaboration when there's no voice chat (on pc)?! I know i didnt buy this mic for nothing. Who the hell wants to type in the heat of battle?

KevinRo

Played this game for 2 weeks. Never played BF before.

Cheaters EVERYWHERE. I can see them on my team just sitting them at the back of a tunnel racking up kills.

I refuse to play metro unless server bans m320, rpg and grenades. Every fucking noob uses a usas, m320, or an rpg at B. How about picking a weapon where you can actually see your enemy when you shoot them??

Virzeth

T0TALfps said:
Available routes to report:

GetSatisfaction - http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/dice_please_ban_these_hackers [getsatisfaction.com]

Via Profile - Visit the users battlelog profile, click the report "exclamation" mark symbol at the top-right of their page, and fill it in with the reason for reporting them. (direct report)

Via EA Support - You can use the Feedback & Support yellow box at the left side of this screen to contact EA Support in regards to reporting individuals. (last resort)

Source

Deadly

I kinda hope EA doesn't do much about the reported hackers except either work on better anti-cheat something itself or if there's video proof or something. Because say if there's a hacker in your server, get an admin to ban and he won't come anymore. Blatant hacks are extremely obvious so all is good.

But it's the people that are actually really good I'm worried about. There are so many butthurt people that get owned and cry about it and call "hacker!" and get people banned it's ridiculous. It's fine cause ok you just go to another server but EA actually has the power to ban people from playing the game which worries me.

Virzeth

Well, they could start by keeping an eye on the top 10 guys on the leaderboards. They could just be somehow modifying their stats, but still.

LaBomba911 (rank 145) is #1 for the killsteak bonus with 1,828 kills in a row. 2,914 SPM too, even if he can't beat Abisterlol's 10,072 SPM (rank 55 in 6H 39M).
cocHuTE_xyu's average accuracy is 978.7%, and got to rank 57 in 8 hours and 20 minutes. Two days ago he advertised "www.***********.ru make your game easy". (readers advised: I woudn't go there at all)

Someone managed to get a spawn beacon underground on Operation Metro a few days ago. Had a bunch of players down there. I immediately left that match.

YCWMX.png

Aww yeah.

I love killing people with the MAV haha.

TheSeks

http://i.imgur.com/YCWMX.png

Aww yeah.

I love killing people with the MAV haha.

*sigh* Once again: That's not MAV Kills. That's MAV Spot kills. It really should be patched to name it properly.

mcp

Neo Member
MAV kills are the most annoying thing ever.

I don't think I have ever been killed by one. They sound like a flying lawnmower when they are close and don't take much damage to kill.

That said I don't play OP metro hardcore where most of the carnage seems to happen...

AndyD

aka andydumi
I don't think I have ever been killed by one. They sound like a flying lawnmower when they are close and don't take much damage to kill.

That said I don't play OP metro hardcore where most of the carnage seems to happen...

On something like metro hardcore they are deadly because by the time you see/hear them they hit you in the narrow corridors. In other open maps they are not a big deal.

I was talking to someone earlier on the mumble server on how Metro could be fixed/improved. And he suggested something interesting. Reverse the back escalators so they slope the other way. And add another side hall on the other side of the second escalator (near the exit to the outside). That way you cant have either team huddle in one small area and cover all possible avenues of attack.

*sigh* Once again: That's not MAV Kills. That's MAV Spot kills. It really should be patched to name it properly.

Oh. :(

But still, I've gotten a lot of kills with the MAV.

Nuh-uh. It's the most fun thing ever.

Like today, I was having fun killing this one player with the MAV. He tried using his Stinger. Didn't work. He tried using just his gun. Didn't work. He eventually just went in a building and hid from me haha. I think I killed him about 5 times that match.

TheSeks

Dude, you have no idea how hard it is to roadkill someone with one. Like the UAV in BC2 I got one and then said "fuck it, it's part of the checklist of things to do I'm done." I have to give props to the ones that are able to consistantly get roadkills with it. Takes time and practice to do.

And you can always Stinger them if they get annoying.

Dude, you have no idea how hard it is to roadkill someone with one. Like the UAV in BC2 I got one and then said "fuck it, it's part of the checklist of things to do I'm done." I have to give props to the ones that are able to consistantly get roadkills with it. Takes time and practice to do.

Yeah, it is pretty hard to get kills with them, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes quite easy and fun. I can probably get, on average, 8 kills a match with the MAV now.

akira28

Dude, you have no idea how hard it is to roadkill someone with one.

And you can always Stinger them if they get annoying.

There's a learning curve, of course. I've tried doing it once, and couldn't really get it. The annoyance factor comes from when I blow up 3 or 4 of them, and they just keep coming. This one guy killed me 6 times, just hiding down in one of the unreachable stair areas. When I saw him actually out in the fight, I killed him so dead and messaged him after. But he had 40+ kills and 0 deaths just using the MAV and support ammo dumps.

I realize it's part of the game mechanic, and allowable and expected. It's just freakin annoying. I don't hate the MAV. I just unlocked it yesterday and am trying to get the hang of riding them. But on Metro they're a pain in the ass, particularly when they just. keep. coming.

scogoth

There's a learning curve, of course. I've tried doing it once, and couldn't really get it. The annoyance factor comes from when I blow up 3 or 4 of them, and they just keep coming. This one guy killed me 6 times, just hiding down in one of the unreachable stair areas. When I saw him actually out in the fight, I killed him so dead and messaged him after. But he had 40+ kills and 0 deaths just using the MAV and support ammo dumps.

I realize it's part of the game mechanic, and allowable and expected. It's just freakin annoying. I don't hate the MAV. I just unlocked it yesterday and am trying to get the hang of riding them. But on Metro they're a pain in the ass, particularly when they just. keep. coming.

The most important thing about bf3 is don't play metro.

Now about the MAV, aim slightly to the left of the person as you come at them full speed. That's the sweet spot. Hitting them with the center of the reticle won't do anything. Work in recon pairs with a third support player for ammo (two MAVs are more annoying than one). Make troll faces and lol a lot in chat.

You guys disgust me. FUCK the MAV. I'd rather be mortar-spammed than have to listen to that thing buzz all over the place being obnoxious for one more second.

The only time I approve of MAV killings is when I use it to kill the little fucks who get on top of the buildings on Karkand. Then I disable their spawn beacon.

Divius

You guys disgust me. FUCK the MAV. I'd rather be mortar-spammed than have to listen to that thing buzz all over the place being obnoxious for one more second.
You can easily shoot down the MAV though, only takes a few shots. Can't say the same for mortars.

Speaking about mortars; I fucking hate mortars. I never use them. But. I was playing Damavand Peak 64 player 1000 tickets. Everyone knows how that ends up, with lots of explosive spam through those narrow corridors. My team was just better, and we had them pushed back right outside of the tunnel and then my bro had the best idea ever: "Maybe you could mortar them from the other side of the tunnel!"

And I could.

If you get as close as possible to the mountain, you can shoot near the exits/entrances on the other side, right where the entire enemy team was hauled up (sans some snipers on those things). So I just sat safely spamming racking up kills but mostly kill-assists. I never felt so lame.

I also played on a 64p Metro server where using explosives (grenades/rpg/m320/claymores) would get you kicked/banned. Still a shitfest, but much more enjoyable than the regular shitfests.

You can easily shoot down the MAV though, only takes a few shots. Can't say the same for mortars.

Speaking about mortars; I fucking hate mortars. I never use them. But. I was playing Damavand Peak 64 player 1000 tickets. Everyone knows how that ends up, with lots of explosive spam through those narrow corridors. My team was just better, and we had them pushed back right outside of the tunnel and then my bro had the best idea ever: "Maybe you could mortar them from the other side of the tunnel!"

And I could.

If you get as close as possible to the mountain, you can shoot near the exits/entrances on the other side, right where the entire enemy team was hauled up (sans some snipers on those things). So I just sat safely spamming racking up kills but mostly kill-assists. I never felt so lame.

I also played on a 64p Metro server where using explosives (grenades/rpg/m320/claymores) would get you kicked/banned. Still a shitfest, but much more enjoyable than the regular shitfests.
only takes 1 mortar to take out a mortar

Divius

only takes 1 mortar to take out a mortar
Yup, but they could not set up a mortar on their side since they were under constant fire.

If you mean in general: I guess that's true, but if you counter-mortar a mortar, you're sure to get counter-counter-mortared etc. I usually leave servers that have more than 2 mortars, luckily I rarely run into them.

Yup, but they could not set up a mortar on their side since they were under constant fire.

If you mean in general: I guess that's true, but if you counter-mortar a mortar, you're sure to get counter-counter-mortared etc. I usually leave servers that have more than 2 mortars, luckily I rarely run into them.
no, i just mean in general, you were in a pretty unique situation. and you don't get counter-counter mortared if you kill the mortar guy then exit the mortar and go shoot people and complete objectives.

scogoth

And I could.

64 Damavand and Metro.... Yeah I'd feel lame too

Top Bottom