• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It can't fucking be that after over 4 months after the MP is still such an unorganized piee of shit.
It's not even annoying anymore to join a game to see "Your team has lost", it's fucking sad..

WillyWonkaYouMustBeNewHere.jpg

Welcome to DICE. You won't be getting anything for a long while. Enjoy your stay and "your team lost!"

It can't fucking be that after over 4 months after the MP is still such an unorganized piee of shit.
It's not even annoying anymore to join a game to see "Your team has lost", it's fucking sad..

what's unorganized about that?!

people quit before the game ends, freeing up slots... people join and the game ends. are you saying they should not let people join at a certain point or not let the game count as a loss or something like that?

Teamwork nerfed, OMA buffed :(

what's unorganized about that?!

people quit before the game ends, freeing up slots... people join and the game ends. are you saying they should not let people join at a certain point or not let the game count as a loss or something like that?

Teamwork nerfed, OMA buffed :(

The guided shell needed SOME sort of nerf--it is the most effective AA in the game and there is no real way (ECM jammer lol) to stop it. I would have rather they add a laser beam, similar to the SOFLAM, to the tank that's locking on, along with a lockon signal that differentiates between AA rocket launchers and laser guided. We'll see how it plays out, though...enjoy your super guided shells while you can!

Not sure how I feel about the stinger buff--I personally thought the stinger was pretty effective. If you are against a pilot with flares, you can get a hit while they reload. If there is a gunner with flares, it's rightfully not so easy.

Generally, I like the balance in the game as far as infantry goes, but the air/AA still needs some work.

The guided shell needed SOME sort of nerf--it is the most effective AA in the game and there is no real way (ECM jammer lol) to stop it. I would have rather they add a laser beam, similar to the SOFLAM, to the tank that's locking on, along with a lockon signal that differentiates between AA rocket launchers and laser guided. We'll see how it plays out, though...enjoy your super guided shells while you can!

Not sure how I feel about the stinger buff--I personally thought the stinger was pretty effective. If you are against a pilot with flares, you can get a hit while they reload. If there is a gunner with flares, it's rightfully not so easy.

Generally, I like the balance in the game as far as infantry goes, but the air/AA still needs some work.

yeah, it definitely needs a different lock-on signal, and the SOFLAM-like laser beam is a good idea as well! 2HK will be weird, but oh well...

Wthermans

Banned
Stuff from Demize regarding upcoming patches.

Guided shell getting a nerf?

EOD Bot controls improved

Stinger buff confirmed.

What do you mean? And you've never ever joined a round in any other MP game right before it's about to end?

Glad to see they're fixing the EOD Bot controls. They nerfed the speed you can move the view/repair torch in the first or second patch and it's made it a complete pain to even repair a tank that's even slightly moving. :(

If they're going to buff stingers, they need to fix the instant-lock that happens all the time. It's pretty laughable they can't just make them detonate once they lose their original target instead of letting them find a new target like currently.

sp3000

Why does DICE think that a 64 player game should have the same balance as a 24 player one? Are they so utterly stupid that they cannot even understand that the PC should not receive the exact same balance changes as console. Stinger is useless in a 24 player game and almost overpowered in a 64 player game. This one size fits all stuff has to stop.

I have a confession: I don't like the B2K maps.

2PdBZ.gif

TheSeks

http://i.imgur.com/2PdBZ.gif

Oman and Sharqi are the only good ones. Come at me bro, but Shoots and Ladders sucks and Wake was neutered on consoles so it sucks.

Oh another thing that baffles me is that you can't use your gadgets (MAV, EOD, SOFLAM, etc) after getting ammo. I spend all this time hiding my EOD or SOFLAM, then I run near an ammo unknowingly and go to use my shit and it wants me to place a new one. Why not have a key (E, R, or something) setup so I can access my old ones? Or are they afraid people can technically have two this way? Then kill the one in my inventory when I access my old one. /rant

EOD Bot sucks not because of the controls but because it's prone to clipping. :|

Also yeah, they need to fix that reload kit items bit when a previous one is still there. Either allow L1/LT/whatever on PC let you go to your deployed kit item (and remove the other one... but I guess this would be easy to point exploit for support) or something.

spidye

did dice say something about the audio issues? they are so annoying.
and what's wrong with the servers today? the game keeps telling my I should check my network connection.

BoatAck

MAVs being used for Surveillance are still cool though..

Can't you do both? While leveling up the recon class, I was constantly spamming the spot button while using the MAV and road killing people if the opportunity presented itself. I would use it to roadkill people who are trying to capture a defenseless flag. That said, I'm not sure how I feel about the MAV. I like spotting the enemies for my teammates to kill and distracting enemies who focus on the MAV instead of my oncoming teammates, but sometimes I feel like I'm punking out by using it.

TheSeks

Well play with Norua, splinter and I. We need a fourth for our squad and we all have the third seat for laser designating.

CITV designating is useless. Tank has a vert lock and the CITV has too short (shorter than SOFLAM) range for it to be too useful unless you catch them off guard. And even then (on consoles anyway) it may take 5+ shots to take the fucker down because your lock-on-guided-shell mysteriously vanishes or doesn't chase them. WTF.

Norua

Banned
I am down. I added you on Battlelog. I play support 98% of the time but my first maxed class was assault so I can do either class extremely well.
A constant Support would be better since none of us really play the class. I hate picking up a dead guy's kit because I don't have any bullets left. Infinite javelins would be nice too.

scogoth

CITV designating is useless. Tank has a vert lock and the CITV has too short (shorter than SOFLAM) range for it to be too useful unless you catch them off guard. And even then (on consoles anyway) it may take 5+ shots to take the fucker down because your lock-on-guided-shell mysteriously vanishes or doesn't chase them. WTF.

Strange we rape anything armored with it. We also play on the big boy maps too and never had an issue with range.

I will respectfully disagree with you on the CITV being useless. It is my squads goto method in eliminating all flying vehicles. And while I sport the canister shell when I drive, my squadmates rock the guided shell and it has never let us down. We can take E on Firestorm and hold it against the near spawn against all comers. Teammwork, FTW

Couldn't disagree more. CITV is immensely useful, especially against pesky choppers.

It would be worth its weight in gold just to have a third position on the tank for a dedicated repair/infantry defence player. I ride around, a third pair of eyes on the sky and rooftops, and when stuff gets hairy I'll jump out and repair. Or lend my RPG to a tank battle. Or flush out pesky infantry with a shotgun.

It is a great emplacement and conveys a serious tactical advantage when used well.

???

Most choppers on the servers I play will try to fly low to avoid SOFLAMS. Or they'll swoop low enough that the tank can get a shot. Besides, all it takes is an engy with a JAV to take advantage of CITV. Sometimes our gunner will jump out and take the shot.

I hate jumping into the CITV and having the driver freak out and start throwing smoke as soon as I've got a lock for him. "THAT'S ME!!!" I type, but few randoms can read it seems...

Or the wonderful cycle of "{name}, do you have rockets equipped? Is it worth my time to CITV for you?", get no response, try again, no response, switch squads, spawn on new tank, and repeat. Eventually leave server as its full of CoD smurfs who are incapable of communication.

Kind of a nice feeling to watch the same tank I've abandoned get raped by a Viper though. That's what a lack of teamwork gets you pal.

TheSeks

Strange we rape anything armored with it. We also play on the big boy maps too and never had an issue with range.

Range is too short, I feel. Same thing with SOFLAM, but SOFLAM has a better range because the tank/CITV's range is pitifully short on Operation Firestorm.

Me and another teammate get in a tank. He gets on the CITV and locks onto a jet. OH HEY GUI--WAIT SHIT THEY FLEW OVER US AND THE LOCK BROKE. SHIT SHIT SHIT. (slowly turn) LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK-ON! *FIRE* "EAT SHIT YOU ASSH--Wait, what? My missile mysteriously vanished? You turn 10 degrees and my missile doesn't follow? What the fu--*death*"

CITV can be useful when it works but it's too useless 98% of the time to be useful for that 2%.

After all the hype of "Laser Guided Win Bomb seat" I'm completely underwhelmed. Sure, that guided shell may be a OHKO (for now)... when it hits.

Range is too short, I feel. Same thing with SOFLAM, but SOFLAM has a better range because the tank/CITV's range is pitifully short on Operation Firestorm.

Me and another teammate get in a tank. He gets on the CITV and locks onto a jet.

There's the problem. I don't even bother trying to lock jets anymore--I agree, its a waste of time. You've got to be a pretty bad jet pilot to be taken out by a tank.

Wthermans

Banned
I wouldn't say so. I have found a way to make the F35 more maneuverable than the other planes, but I just can't let that secret out. Sorry.

Can't say I believe you without hearing this awesome "secret" or seeing some unedited video.

CITV is a big reason they are nerfing OHK with Javs/Guided Shells. It's the most powerful final unlock for vehicles. You are basically an armored SOFLAM/Jav combo that can have 2 Engineers ready to repair at any time.

Me and another teammate get in a tank. He gets on the CITV and locks onto a jet. OH HEY GUI--WAIT SHIT THEY FLEW OVER US AND THE LOCK BROKE. SHIT SHIT SHIT. (slowly turn) LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK-ON! *FIRE* "EAT SHIT YOU ASSH--Wait, what? My missile mysteriously vanished? You turn 10 degrees and my missile doesn't follow? What the fu--*death*"

CITV can be useful when it works but it's too useless 98% of the time to be useful for that 2%.

After all the hype of "Laser Guided Win Bomb seat" I'm completely underwhelmed. Sure, that guided shell may be a OHKO (for now)... when it hits.

Stop trying to SOFLAM/CITV jets. Focus on Helis and Armor. That's why you're not getting hits. Jets can outrun Javelins if they know how to fly right (note before people think this makes jets OP, it takes a lot of time to lose the Jav and if you're in a dogfight or being chased by the other jet, it's going to be almost impossible unless you out turn the rocket).

scogoth

Lol slow? Maybe your a patch behind on consoles but the CITV station moves like a rabbit on crack, its so sensitive. And yeah dont target jets unless they are on a bombing run because at top speed jets can out run guided shells and javelins

TheSeks

Lol slow? Maybe your a patch behind on consoles but the CITV station moves like a rabbit on crack, its so sensitive. And yeah dont target jets unless they are on a bombing run because at top speed jets can out run guided shells and javelins

I'm talking the guided shell in the tank. CITV is too short a range, guided in pilot seat has too slow a turn speed in addition to a vert lock to where all a flying vehicle has to do is fly over your head and then proceed to shoot you in the ass because you have a molasses turning speed to try to relock.

Combos not that good for what people hyped it to be.

scogoth

I'm talking the guided shell in the tank. CITV is too short a range, guided in pilot seat has too slow a turn speed in addition to a vert lock to where all a flying vehicle has to do is fly over your head and then proceed to shoot you in the ass because you have a molasses turning speed to try to relock.

Again you just crank vehicle sensitivity or the dpi on your mouse. Now stop complaining and join the dark side.

Wthermans

Banned

If your turret speed is slow, adjust your vehicle sensitivity or get a mouse with DPI adjustment. Also, you can get a lock with Guided Shell/CITV far before a heli can get above you. The range is identical to a ground-based SOFLAM. If the heli is sneaking up on you, that's another story and you just need to have your jets and other teammates spot helis when they take off.

scogoth

If your turret speed is slow, adjust your vehicle sensitivity or get a mouse with DPI adjustment. Also, you can get a lock with Guided Shell/CITV far before a heli can get above you. The range is identical to a ground-based SOFLAM. If the heli is sneaking up on you, that's another story and you just need to have your jets and other teammates spot helis when they take off.

Hes a console player. Thats why he must join us

Or the wonderful cycle of "{name}, do you have rockets equipped? Is it worth my time to CITV for you?", get no response, try again, no response, switch squads, spawn on new tank, and repeat. Eventually leave server as its full of CoD smurfs who are incapable of communication.

Ugh, I hate this. Happened a bunch this afternoon--driver never responds when I am in CITV. DO YOU NOT REALIZE THE POWER AT YOUR FINGERTIPS???

Spl1nter and I had a good run in a MBT though.

Consoles must be different, because CITV on PC means instant death for any airborne choppers and a super advantage against enemy armor. It's kinda ridiculous.

heh, just stop

CITV is a big reason they are nerfing OHK with Javs/Guided Shells. It's the most powerful final unlock for vehicles. You are basically an armored SOFLAM/Jav combo that can have 2 Engineers ready to repair at any time.

OMG no!! If a chopper has unlocked ECM and has any skill its already nearly impossible to get a lock. Flares aren't a problem, but a good chopper pilot is able to throw ECM and duck behind something to break any re-locking attempts on Caspian or Operation Firestorm.

I rarely kill good chopper pilots the way it is, but at least CITV is a deterrent and they usually break off their attack and leave us alone for a while.

We're going to have to put TWO missiles in them to take them down? Oh god...they won't bother breaking off and just straff us all to hell knowing we can't get two shots on them before we're dead...

I'd agree that without ECM, CITV is instant death to choppers, but once unlocked it really evens the score. All I can do is scare off competent pilots as it stands with "OHK", if they nerf CITV I'm going to have to start flying a chopper...

TheSeks

Consoles must be different, because CITV on PC means instant death for any airborne choppers and a super advantage against enemy armor. It's kinda ridiculous.

I can see where it can be ridculous, but... again... that's if the damn guided shell hits. Even against helicopters the range is pitiful in comparison to SOFLAM and Javalin. I can see why they're nerfing it, but they should fix the CITV range. Otherwise it's basically a "hold your dick in your hand while twirling the mouse/right-stick + L1/right-mouse click to IRV" seat. :|

To give you an idea of how short the range of CITV is: Go to Kharg Island. "A"/flag in Conquest, Second Set in Rush. Tank spawn in Rush to the front edge of the building on defense in Rush. That's how short the range is.

Compared to a Sniper running up the mountain first set/RU(?) base in Conquest. Putting a SOFLAM up there. Being able to lock on to air vehicles at the edge of the beach and (IIRC) possibly lock on to the boat in Rush.

I'd take the Javalin and SOFLAM combo any day over praying the CITV will attempt to lock and the pilot/me is able to lock on in time.

Build your own!

Give me the money, I meant.

what's funny seks is just today i missed TWO guided shells in a row on a helicopter FLYING RIGHT AT ME... that was strange to me... i mean, occasionally the first misses, but the 2nd? WAT!?

still, i disagree, guided shells = awesome

i'm gonna cry for the nerf.

TheSeks

still, i disagree, guided shells = awesome.

I don't disagree with that. I rock Guided Shells because it + one aimed normal tank shell = disabled tank. But I do disagree that it + CITV (which is what I'm bitching about) = TEH GODLY. Sure, it OHKOs... if you get the damn shell to hit with the damn short CITV range.

I don't disagree with that. I rock Guided Shells because it + one aimed normal tank shell = disabled tank. But I do disagree that it + CITV (which is what I'm bitching about) = TEH GODLY. Sure, it OHKOs... if you get the damn shell to hit with the damn short CITV range.

Maybe it works differently on consoles? Once I've got a lock, that choppa's goin' down. I've seen the missile hit obstacles between it and the chopper, but I've (luckily?) never had it miss.

Also, it frustrates me to see high level engineers play 12 matches in a row and not once switch to JAVs. I light up armour every match--hell guys, you don't even need line of sight! Just point at the big glowing triangle on your screen and fire. Near-instant lock. Free points.

I can see how only having 2 JAVs sucks, but that's why you squad up with a support for more ammo.

I'd love to play a map where other players paint as much armour as I seem to be doing. Then I could switch out of CITV and actually score more than my measly spotting and target bonuses.

I'm playing MW3 right now, just out of curiosity to know how it is, and one simple thing is FAAAR better than BF3: You can skip the whole logo and intro shit.

Anyone else think the AEK-971 is overpowered?

Goddamn I'm kicking ass with this gun AND it has the suppressor on.

Yeah I've noticed I die disproportionately to it :( weird.

Any Aussie players feel free to add me, my forum name is the same as my battle log one.

I wonder why they give you so few Javs. Never made sense to me.

Top Bottom