• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Divius

Just had a great round on Kharg. Flew around in a jet for a bit, got my hands dirty on the field, did some gunning from the viper and had some (very short) fun in the little bird. You know those white containers near the back of A? When you shoot them, they explode. So I saw 6 of their guys all hauled up around one capping the flag and I shot it with the little bird, it exploded, they all died. I got no kills though :(

scogoth

Just had a great round on Kharg. Flew around in a jet for a bit, got my hands dirty on the field, did some gunning from the viper and had some (very short) fun in the little bird. You know those white containers near the back of A? When you shoot them, they explode. So I saw 6 of their guys all hauled up around one capping the flag and I shot it with the little bird, it exploded, they all died. I got no kills though :(

If they die from explosions it's a "bad luck" death. No kills for you =(

Divius

If they die from explosions it's a "bad luck" death. No kills for you =(
Yeah I figured, and I don't mind. Stopping them from capping and knocking 6 tickets off their team certainly contributed to us just winning the game with a few tickets left.

mr_nothin

Banned
???

Most choppers on the servers I play will try to fly low to avoid SOFLAMS. Or they'll swoop low enough that the tank can get a shot. Besides, all it takes is an engy with a JAV to take advantage of CITV. Sometimes our gunner will jump out and take the shot.

I hate jumping into the CITV and having the driver freak out and start throwing smoke as soon as I've got a lock for him. "THAT'S ME!!!" I type, but few randoms can read it seems...

Or the wonderful cycle of "{name}, do you have rockets equipped? Is it worth my time to CITV for you?", get no response, try again, no response, switch squads, spawn on new tank, and repeat. Eventually leave server as its full of CoD smurfs who are incapable of communication.

Kind of a nice feeling to watch the same tank I've abandoned get raped by a Viper though. That's what a lack of teamwork gets you pal.
Ty really need to make txt stick out to the other teammates that are in the same vehicle. Colorcode it or something...jeez

Deadly

Shows how different pc and console are. People primarily use the m16a3/m416 on pc.
Seems like it. People completely stopped using the F2000 for some reason. Didn't it only receive a small nerf? Considering the FAMAS is said to be OP by Demize I'm surprised alot of people aren't using it. Honestly, I tried it out and it didn't feel right. Bit too much recoil. AEK is just well there.

cluto

Seems like it. People completely stopped using the F2000 for some reason. Didn't it only receive a small nerf? Considering the FAMAS is said to be OP by Demize I'm surprised alot of people aren't using it. Honestly, I tried it out and it didn't feel right. Bit too much recoil. AEK is just well there.

You can see the nerf they made to the F2000 here.

I think the FAMAS handles differently on the PC or something. It bounces like crazy. (I've said this like 3 times now)

It all has to do with the fore-grip. They said that when it gets fixed, the only real thing that will be done is how the fore-grip changes it. So if anybody hasn't unlocked it yet, try using it and then you will notice how ridiculous it is.

Facism

A weapon i keep running into now is the Engineers G36. Every engineer seems to be using it and i get sniped by the fucking thing halfway across Oman.

Wthermans

Banned
Looks like Demize is stepping down as Lead Designer for BF3. Going to be working on other projects.

Pretty happy to hear that, he's far better at weapon balance than vehicle balance and that's what this game needs most right now.

Divius

just had 48k round (@_@) but for some reason the battle report isn't available. I was playing on kharg and kicking ass all around, but the most epic moment was when I (on the US side) was capping E and as I (+ 1 other teammate) just finish it, both enemy tanks + their AA roll up ans start re-capping E.
I was assault so could not do anything against this. Then I saw my bro go down, but in stead of reviving I took his support kit, sneaked in between the tanks and start placing C4 in between and on them. I blow it up and destroy 1 tank and disable the AA. I go in for seconds after grabbing some ammo and blow up the AA. By this time they already capped E so the 2nd tank rolls off towards D or just into the sunset for all I care. I continue to pick of some infantry that spawns around E as I slowly cap it while my squadmates have come to help. Felt so, so good.

edit: here we go http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/16766135/1/325887215/

Menelaus

Banned
Let's do this, guys! IT BEGINS.

FYI - Meetup is happening TONIGHT. Invite your friends!

KVwlz.jpg

NeoGAF Community Mumble Server IP: chi.eoreality.net:64762

Divius

They also should fix that you can't spawn on top of a chopper/jet/tank when you are a second too late to actually spawn in them.

They also should fix that you can't spawn on top of a chopper/jet/tank when you are a second too late to actually spawn in them.

the worst is Kharg Rush Defense... you're stuck in this little box that's inbounds for some reason, so you can just wait there for the jet to spawn again and maybe get in.

During a particularly brutal conquest match, I wondered to myself what the most efficient fighting unit would be for BF3.

Several things came to mind during the continued domination over the Russians in Operation Firestorm: a squad with four different Squad Perks and four different classes can handle any enemy unit encountered on the field. Furthermore, if a squad coordinates solider customization against a specific enemy type and secures appropriate vehicle assets (tank, T-UGS, MAV, mortar, etc), then efficiency will be at its highest form. These two scenarios should be pursued at all times and proper execution will ensure victory. One of my favorite squad plays is the three-seated tank.

One engineer sits in the CITV station , another engineer sits in the gunner seat, and the driver is either a medic or another engineer. The driver uses autoloader, IR smoke, and guided shell. The gunner sports proximity scan, thermal optics, and canister shell. The CITV soldier has equipped thermal camo, zoom optics, and HMG Coaxial. This setup enables one tank to perform it's own AA, AT, and anti-infantry. If able, the crew is able to switch roles in a rapid manner to match the threat. because all good squads roll four deep, this fourth soldier would be a support gunner or medic. Either options provide additional ground protection against foot threats and generally improve situational awareness.

In other words, the tank is the best fighting unit in the game.

scogoth

During a particularly brutal conquest match, I wondered to myself what the most efficient fighting unit would be for BF3.

Several things came to mind during the continued domination over the Russians in Operation Firestorm: a squad with four different Squad Perks and four different classes can handle any enemy unit encountered on the field. Furthermore, if a squad coordinates solider customization against a specific enemy type and secures appropriate vehicle assets (tank, T-UGS, MAV, mortar, etc), then efficiency will be at its highest form. These two scenarios should be pursued at all times and proper execution will ensure victory. One of my favorite squad plays is the three-seated tank.

One engineer sits in the CITV station , another engineer sits in the gunner seat, and the driver is either a medic or another engineer. The driver uses autoloader, IR smoke, and guided shell. The gunner sports proximity scan, thermal optics, and canister shell. The CITV soldier has equipped thermal camo, zoom optics, and HMG Coaxial. This setup enables one tank to perform it's own AA, AT, and anti-infantry. If able, the crew is able to switch roles in a rapid manner to match the threat. because all good squads roll four deep, this fourth soldier would be a support gunner or medic. Either options provide additional ground protection against foot threats and generally improve situational awareness.

In other words, the tank is the best fighting unit in the game.

Or just 4 medics with f2000s and taclight.

redhot_

Search for a quick match, Loading Operation Metro... Hear USAS, Exit game.

The most annoying thing in this game atm. I don't even want to bother with them anymore.

Most annoying thing is the team deathmatch spawn decisions. So frustrating to see myself spawn behind someone for an easy and quick knife. It's frustrating because I know it happens me, too, and it shouldn't.

scogoth

Most annoying thing is the team deathmatch spawn decisions. So frustrating to see myself spawn behind someone for an easy and quick knife. It's frustrating because I know it happens me, too, and it shouldn't.

You do realize that this game was never designed for TDM. It was just slapped together to appease EA so they could say they had the same thing CoD has.

Nothing in the entire game was ever ment for TDM. Not weapon balance, not spawning and not even network optimization was considered for TDM.

Go play rush or conquest!

GodofWine

Has there been any chatter on the squad system being made to actually work, me and my friends have kinda put this game on the back burner at the moment, and are considering buying a used COD title (as far back as WaW) just to be able to play / chat with eachother without issues.

But, the ideal situation would be that DICE makes the squad and voice work just like it did in BC2, and we wont have to do that...but Im thinking they don't know what they are doing anymore and have no idea how to fix their broken squad system in this squad based game.

What was the line..."Its never been so easy to play with friends" (unless you are one of the MILLIONS of console players..).

/rage :)

Thanks guys!

scogoth

Has there been any chatter on the squad system being made to actually work, me and my friends have kinda put this game on the back burner at the moment, and are considering buying a used COD title (as far back as WaW) just to be able to play / chat with eachother without issues.

But, the ideal situation would be that DICE makes the squad and voice work just like it did in BC2, and we wont have to do that...but Im thinking they don't know what they are doing anymore and have no idea how to fix their broken squad system in this squad based game.

What was the line..."Its never been so easy to play with friends" (unless you are one of the MILLIONS of console players..).

/rage :)

Thanks guys!

Since when did BC2 voice chat work? And no BF3 will not have proper voice chat, they are keeping the crappy party chat via battle log. Many servers provide teamspeak or mumble. There are two mumble servers for neogaf members to use, one general and one dedicated to bf3 players. Feel free to use them

BF3 mumble: chi.eoreality.net:64762
General mumble: chi.eoreality.net:64739

Since when did BC2 voice chat work? And no BF3 will not have proper voice chat, they are keeping the crappy party chat via battle log. Many servers provide teamspeak or mumble. There are two mumble servers for neogaf members to use, one general and one dedicated to bf3 players. Feel free to use them

BF3 mumble: chi.eoreality.net:64762
General mumble: chi.eoreality.net:64739

i assume he's playing on PS3 as the voice chat has always worked fine in the 360 games, but BC1 and 1943 on PS3 had issues, BC2 worked and BF3 has issues again.

This is just retarded. You own the game, it doesn't own you.

the game has shiny medals and i want them all!!!

oh man, the stationary and rush defense...

Qwell

the game has shiny medals and i want them all!!!

oh man, the stationary and rush defense...

Exactly! I actually find Squad Rush to be kind of fun, squad deathmatch not so much, unless I'm paired with all friends, but I found a server that has like a 5 kill limit so the matches go fast and its not too bad.

Ultimately I just love the game and want to play it all the different ways I can so I'm not just playing the same maps / modes over and over again.

AndyD

aka andydumi
5 wins in SQDM is such a chore. :(

Or find a server with a low limit. I found a server with a 2 kill limit for the game, so each round lasted less than a minute. You get 5 wins very quickly, even though its mostly random luck of who gets spawned in a better position.

GodofWine

I'm going to assume he's on consoles.. But voice chat did work in BC2 like 5% of the time

Yes, I meant on consoles, I didn't own BFBC2 until the very end so it was all working great...carelessly assumed that meant DICE had figured out how to implement voice and squads into a voice and squad based game...still hoping I suppose.

Yes, I meant on consoles, I didn't own BFBC2 until the very end so it was all working great...carelessly assumed that meant DICE had figured out how to implement voice and squads into a voice and squad based game...still hoping I suppose.

i still can't believe that after screwing up in BC1and 1943, then finally getting it right in BC2, they screwed it up again. it's so baffling!

Shadybiz

i still can't believe that after screwing up in BC1and 1943, then finally getting it right in BC2, they screwed it up again. it's so baffling!

Yeah, I'm one of the people that GodofWine plays with IRL...it's incredibly frustrating. We could try several times to get into a match together, and it might not work at all. We try the regular quickmatch, the server browser, joining a designated squad if we all get separated, etc. It really just appears to be random luck when it works. Of course it gets worse when you're trying to join as an actual 4 person squad...hell even 2 is bad enough.

In BC2, we rarely ever had an issue with it. I just don't get it; the two games aren't THAT different from each other, as far as squad/team structure goes.

scogoth

Yeah, I'm one of the people that GodofWine plays with IRL...it's incredibly frustrating. We could try several times to get into a match together, and it might not work at all. We try the regular quickmatch, the server browser, joining a designated squad if we all get separated, etc. It really just appears to be random luck when it works. Of course it gets worse when you're trying to join as an actual 4 person squad...hell even 2 is bad enough.

In BC2, we rarely ever had an issue with it. I just don't get it; the two games aren't THAT different from each other, as far as squad/team structure goes.

Ironically it's because it's on the PS3 that voice chat doesn't work. BF3 was supposed to on the PC as the main focus. Then EA had them shift it to focus on consoles within the last year before release so now nothing works.

Edit: not trying to be master race so much as say that EA are a bunch of dicks

akira28

They should have competitions for the tightest squads, videos on youtube, etc showing team dynamics and all the amazing stuff that tactics and cooperation can do. I'd like to see this supertank squad house an entire team.

They should have competitions for the tightest squads, videos on youtube, etc showing team dynamics and all the amazing stuff that tactics and cooperation can do. I'd like to see this supertank squad house an entire team.

Playing with a well coordinated squad is why I play Battlefield. Working together and complimenting each others strengths and knowing each others weakness is what it is all about for me. Playing with the same group for about the past year+ has really made me appreciate good squad/teamwork even more. I also really like playing against good squads as it makes me and my teammates push ourselves even harder to communicate, calculate, coordinate, and conquer the other team.

Ironically it's because it's on the PS3 that voice chat doesn't work. BF3 was supposed to on the PC as the main focus. Then EA had them shift it to focus on consoles within the last year before release so now nothing works.

Edit: not trying to be master race so much as say that EA are a bunch of dicks

i dunno if that excuse is good enough! they never had voice chat issues with any BF games on 360!

Top Bottom